Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

ecevrything reset with Transport (included the fuse bomb)

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Ok sorts not nerf remove from play effects.

And make Tortun transport have a new effect, (space of storage in it)
    Ect: when loaded into transport instead of being removed from play or w/e the cards current information is recorded and calculated as turns go by.

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Speed up this duration on refute pls gibing any rune with infinite duration is stupid.

4. KingJad

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It only puts it on CD 8. Refute also has the downside of not being nora efficient if the opponent deployes anything costing less than 80. If you refute an equip, relic or spell you likely are out 20-30 nora.

6. KingJad

Nora isn't the only factor in this. If you refute an equip, relic or spell you stopped a potential kill or power turn; unless your opponent is haphazardly equipping champs because he/she can. Just because it wasn't a gain in terms of nora you still profited. There are plenty of times where stopping a power turn and maintaining a proper board presence is worth more than nora and as one of the better players in the game I know you understand that as well.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Currently, I consider them more debuffs than ranged attacks, and that set is not standardized with things like Hinder Movement being CD1.

8. Sokolov

I just mean that it pays off at some point in the future. In either case, making it neutral and enemy only is a possibility.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

There are certainly exception. I am always happy to refute a Vicious Harpoon or a drown, etc. But most of the time if you refute something sub 60 nora the opponent shrugs and uses something else. Refute is a tempo hit for both players because you will likely be trading your ability to deploy a champion to hopefully stop your opponent from doing so or at least be efficient in stopping them.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Running any form of nora gen makes a mutual tempo hit a plus. Refute is sick if you run the mines package.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

There is no doubt that Refute can be very strong. I run it myself (Without nora gen, except a single miner) and it has won me games. I pride myself on knowing when its a good time to cast Refute. But its one of those things that is entirely up to the opponent to screw themselves with. Just a few days ago I was facing @chris0024 and he noticed that I endd my turn without deploying anything. He began his turn by deploying a Warbanner before deploying his champ and it killed my momentum for almost a dozen turns.
    SL has an anti-magic spell that likewise costs 40 nora but only blocks spells 40 nora or more. You are guarenteed to come out even in the trade with the exception of the opponent not casting any spells during that time frame (8 turns?) etc.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Any counterspell with a duration is 6 turns. I barely play them after the change. They can be strong, sure, but it's a junky preemptive gamble. Refute gets a lot crazier when you pack multiple forms of gen. Generates crazy tempo.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Numerous is currently priced at -4 nora, while Evasive 3 is a 9 nora ability. This means that taking double damage from AoE spells (only -- not abilities) is calculated at -10 or worse. This cost feels improper. I suggest the ability move to 0 cost at least, or perhaps a small positive value.

Leadrz and Elves Rule like this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Can we get an updated Meta list?

15. KingJad

Fry is going to need a cooldown or nora cost maybe both. Generating water isn't really something hard to accomplish and is usually an after thought unless you're actively trying to drown a champ 15 spaces away. Not to mention a bg designed to spam fry will have plenty of options within FS to generate nora. 2 nora for an ability with no cooldown and a cost of 2 ap per trigger to deal 8 damage to each enemy in 5 spaces seems kinda well wrong. For 6 nora a rank 1 cone deals 5 damage(ignores defense yes) and 3 damage in dots for a total of 8 damage. The difference besides nora cost? cones have a cooldown of 3 rounds, cost 4 ap to use, and have a much smaller AoE. The only positive to cones in comparison to fry is that they don't require a preset terrain(reminder this terrain isn't hard to generate in a bg where fry is utilitized because of the many options for water gen in fs be it high tide, monsoon, or just dropping a plain old terrain generator.

16. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Reforge is a 25 nora best anti equip in the game.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If we do get new meta data, could it have some other useful numbers? For instance, % of decks running one or more sources of Backlash vs % of decks running one or more sources of direct nora gen. Or % of AoE spells as total runes. Or average champion cost in actual decks, or average stats of champions. That kinda data might be hard to get, but that would provide a much more solid view of the actual competitive field. It's also hard to extract that from the kind of stuff we've seen in the past.

18. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

So @Sokolov you haven't commented on Rebirth vs Phylactery bound yet, do you -not- think that there's an issue? If so, why not?

19. Sokolov

Not a whole lot to say about it. I have to look into it more to make an assessment, but first glance they are pretty different and given the nature of Phylactery Bound it is one of those abilities that is almost entirely has to be costed specifically for the units it is on, just like Rebirth is (and hence why the bodies of all the Phoenix champs are the same).

20. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I understand the costing of it, but I don't understand why rebirth is so much better with absolutely no drawbacks. PB is -very- easy to counter. If and when it does happen then you've wasted 30 nora. Rebirth simply does not have that risk, and the reward is larger anyhow.

claydude5 likes this.