How does Gale Force work?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by naushika, Mar 28, 2014.

1. naushika

naushika Member

To my understanding, Gale Force is a staple spell in ST bgs- but I can't seem to figure out how the knockback and damage is calculated? It feels like whenever I want to use it, it maybe does what I think it's going to do 40% of the time..

Is there a specific way it affects units based on other factors?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

http://poxnora.wikia.com/wiki/Knockback_Guide
    That's how the knockback mechanics works, order of action depends on order of deployment, this is key, because 3 champions lined up will receive a crazy amount of damage from the proper side and almost nothing from the wrong one.

Goyo likes this.
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Orden of deployment affects champions hitting each other? Can you explain more please?

4. GabrielQ

Sure, The thing is that each champion affected by gale force will try to move 3 spaces in a direction determined by the guide I linked. In case of targetting more than 1 champion, the order in wich they move is the same order in wich they were deployed, so, to maximize damage you have to choose carefully the movement direction, example in case of a pure horiontal movement, champions are labeled [1] and [2] according to deployment order and the arrow indicates the direction gale push them:

->[1][2]: In this case, [1] attemps to move but [2] impedes it, so 1 receives 21 damage (6 from gale 15 from KB) and so does [2], after that is resolved, [2] moves 3 spaces to the right if he's able.
    ->[2][1]: In this case, [1] moves first, so he moves unoposed 3 spaces to the right, and then [2] moves 3 spaces to the right without opposition, each champion takes 6 damage.
    As you can see, in the second case, the damage is substantially minor than in the first one, so one should cast the gale from the other side if possible, or if it's not, target only champion [2] so he receives 21 damage and [1] 15.

rockintrol and Goyo like this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Wow this doesn't make any sense to me. In case 1 the champ [1] should stay were it was initially because he was blocked, lol.

Gonna report it as a glitched mechanic.

Thanks for your explanation, gonna copy paste :3

6. GabrielQ

In case 1, champion [1] DOES stay in the place, but he ATTEMPS to move and he receives the knockback damage instead

Goyo likes this.
  7. GabrielQ

MageAstral and Goyo like this.