Voil Deck Thread

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

This is the thread to post your Voil deck, I will start off with mine.
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/C3ncq4CgKCaaCgJC2LCgFC5nCwHc96s7yS6Ys2is59r2Yr2ZrOr2lE21e1j

You could drop the tempest crowns for an ol sok and a mark of kiergana. If you cant afford conquerors use voil lifestealers instead.

The general strategy of voils is surround individual champs with 2-3 voils and attack them with all of them, while sniping the champs off with sorcerers and infernals. So peak tactics is ideal for voils and x2. Another thing to keep in mind with voils, as they all have evasive, its all about taking out the close combat champs first, as they can do serious damage to voils. Also try to build up a phalanx before attacking (while still contesting fonts), as the more voils you deploy to fuel surge voil the better!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

I'd remove a crypt for another totem.
    Also switch out a Tactics for Unstable Ground.

Switch a Crown for a Harpoon...I dont think you'd really need 2.

Queens should switch out for Conquerers. Or possibly 1 conquerer and 1 dive bomber, especially if you add the harpoon.
    And I'd switch a firebomber for another jester...he's just too useful. :)

3. Wikiwikiwa

Wikiwikiwa The King of Potatoes

4. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I never really liked Voil Queen. She's a bit too slow for my taste. Even with my current Voil BG I feel its way too slow. Like standard-speed slow. 6-7SPDs, with the occasional Infernal tempo hit that'll give 7-8 SPDs.

I'd normally hope for a 1 Lancer/1 Transporter/2 VStormflyer/1 Conqueror (6 out of 30) for a first drop.

Detection is never an issue as I have 4 Detection units: Courier, Trans, 2 Infernals + Shallaxy with Illuminate + Sonar 3. (While battle drums is good I happen to utilize Illuminate much more than BD. Not sure y, maybe the meta is filled with a lot of Stealth units).

Lancer as a spot-global mobility. all Deflect/Sonar 3 units as frontliners. Nighthawk for Stealth unit to gib side fonts. Dirge for Powerturn, Sciean (I rarely deploy) too, but I prioritize Dirge. Sciean is more of a Win-more champ. I only use 1 Firebomber for 1) Alt Dmg, 2) Pacify. Imperialist for Boost + Iron Will etc. Tbh, I'd rather deploy Imperialist 90% of the time rather than Sciean. CA: Range > Dodge for me. Boost: Voil > Motivate (can't be compared to Warcry as there is much AP devotion to getting that bonus).

as for spells: 1 Wings of Steel (making my voils up to par with all ST champs with 60-70 HP), 1 Peak Tactics (I'm thinking of putting two. This makes your Transporter hits like a truck, and for Infernal to proc his Drinker).

My AOEs are Echo Chamber (for Relic and distract Spellkaisers or Teleporters), TT (for Perse), and Avalanche (for that 1 AP movement = knockback. Thus, I rarely need Shallaxy's Battle Drum).

Hardest matchups are:
    a.) Lonx. their racial synergy snowballs much faster than Voils.
    b.) Serkan Superchamp. Voils just aren't fast enough to catch him. Distract is good but oftentimes whenever I get 1 hit in, my said-Voil would be at 50% HP already.

Voil king's Crypt is also used as its too good for what it costs. Especially with Infernal + Imperialist.

I also don't like Crown. For me, Crown is invaluable in champs with Manic or Charged Attack, Blood Rage, or Exertion. The only probable candidate in Voils is Conqueror, but even then, I hardly have him die even WITHOUT the Crown. So I'd rather have a Cyclops Eye Belt/Lightning Rod (given I have 1 TT/anti-Serkan).

I think Voil's snowballing capability is way below other racials like Yeti or Lonx, because their bonus comes individually. Sonar. Boost is okay, that Atk: Fire spell is a bit useless, only Wings of Steel comes to mind when you're talking about Snowball (and also Anti-Windstriker), and ofc Imp Speed. As of now, there are no Imp Damage, Cama, Leverage, Brutality, Protective units.

Unstable Ground? never tried it. not yet.

5. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

6. Vorian

Try sorcerers or stormflyers with with tempest crown. O yeh and the conqueror is the best champ I have ever used save for the chaos braves. You are right they rarely die! Regardless crowns are too expensive, so a harpoon and ol sok would be better. Harpoons are what pros use!

Lotarr add 2 voil queens for a guard and the imperialist, with def 4 and surge voil they are good beaters! Also add another peaks tactics for a rock trap.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You may want to include some healing to go with your conqueror, as he increases his HP but doesn't heal with leech vitality, surprise pies looks like the best option.
    I would include alacrity instead of mark of kiergana as it is more reliable ap generation, and that with the nerf to scramble isn't that good anymore.
    I would replace some of your cheap melee options (guards and lancer) with some support or harassing units, like voil fire bomber or voil transporter.

Vorian likes this.
  8. Vorian

Firebomber may be a utility rune, but it can win a lot of 1 on 1s with set ablaze and burn 3.

9. Wikiwikiwa

Wikiwikiwa The King of Potatoes

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

11. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I've been getting a lot of success out of Voil Bombers lately. The mini Avalanche and the potential 8 range is really useful.

12. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Trying to put together a voil bg right now, but not finding infernals is a mayor turn off.
    How competitive are Voil these days? ( in my case, without Shallaxy.)

13. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Slow but competitive once u defend against rushes

14. Vorian

Try this if ur gonna play sp.

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CiXC3nCaGC5Tcyncq4C4PC5dCw8CwHs6_S3tr2Yr=R2ZrOE2WE2n

Try cavernkeepers if you cant afford infernals, for the cheap motivate and heal champion. Its what Ballballer does.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014