Nerf Skeezick Warmage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jib, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

:rolleyes:

they were fine 2 days ago

Reforge replaced Magnetize because that SUPER COMBAT TOTEM that was pushed needs a way to spend AP, so that's a plus I guess?

Sirius and BurnPyro like this.
  2. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I don't think they were fine 2 days ago - they were subpar, generic and didn't feel very fun.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

So one* got arguably better, 2 got (deservedly) nerfed and 2 got... weird.

Still sounds generic/bland/etc for the deck as a whole. Unless there's something else down the pipes you would obviously know about and I don't.

*I'm open-minded enough to change my stance on Scoundrel if someone provides a shred of evidence about him

4. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Skeezick as a theme was fine before the change, definitely not sub-par. Overall you did buff them (nerf to general, Scoundrel still sucks, netter change is kinda so-so, leaving them with Alc and Warmage and maybe Totem), but I think it's a stretch saying these changed stopped them from being "generic".

PhdNiceGuy and BurnPyro like this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Skeezick felt completely fine before, two people in top 10 were running them just fine.

Because you played so much skeezick games :rolleyes:

I mean, do I want to pay 15 nora for him to be faster and more stealth harass than a warguard? Maybe. Overal though, 7 speed or not, he doesn't fit into the skeezick playstyle and will most likely not see play because of it. You're going to drop pretty much any other rune over him because he doesn't have much synergy aside from being a skeezick. You rely on the surge/swarm/warcry/ranged derps.

I mean, you can give him damage with warcry and stuff.

This.

Real talk, the netter and general nerf were pretty harsh and even though buffs were given to skeezick to compensate, I feel like their powerlevel and competitiveness is still exactly the same. Weak early, great mid and lategame. Still straightforward bash your face in as we do. Nothing else.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, scoundrel is literally warguard with stealth and +2 speed and +11 nora. Except warguard is a load tankier. Enrage is superflous I guess.

I don't see how that's creative design nor "less generic and more fun". It gives more options, I guess, I just like my skeezick hella cheap.

Not trying to diss it as much, I'm just skeptical over all these hypewords thrown around.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My preference would have been for Netter to lose access to Surge 2.

General lost a 10 nora ability, gained 1 defense, and his cost only went down 4 nora? 6 nora for 1 point of defense seems awfully high.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Everyone I know was running surge1 anyhow, keep it under 75 nora.

General feels really awkward now. He's saved by surge and 1-2 range in midgame, but early game half skeezick definitely feels better.

9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Hard to argue with this. Skeez still need to get out 5 champs quick. And with several fat more valuable than the scoundrel options running at around 80 nora you're going to need to get those other skeez out for cheap. The scoundrel does not do that.

10. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Run it with BM3 like a man.

11. Moles

I think the totem opens up many more ways to win with skeezick and the Alchemist is currently under-rated. Scoundrel i'm still not sure about whether its worth an include or not, but its decent now. The netter change left him very playable still. Also Burn, I have played hundreds of games with skeezick over the years, even recently I have played some games with them.

The reason the General seems like it got shafted is because previously it had a large manual modifier on it, which Sok reduced when he changed the General.

12. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Except he doesn't change things that dramatically compared to what he did a few days ago. He's certainly still nowhere near what he was prevamp.

And this begs the question as to why there are manual modifiers sitting out there in the first place. All these champs should be paying for their stats and abilties and if something is out of line that would be a good means of identifying an under or overcosted ability or something funky with the algorithm. If nothing costs what it should actually cost what's the point of the algorithm?

BurnPyro likes this.
  13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree, Skeezick General was overly powerful in his pre-patch state. It is my opinion that Skeezick General is now very similar to Half Skeezick.

Standard Skeezick BG Builds
    General vs Half
    Cost 84 vs 74
    Dmg 11 vs 10
    Spd 7 vs 6
    Rng 1-2 vs 1
    Def 2 vs 2
    HP 54 vs 46
    Attack phys on both
    Regen 3 vs Regen 1
    Skeezick Alliance on both
    Warcry on both
    Surge 1 vs Multiattack 2
    Nothing vs Throw Axe

The 8 more HP doesn't make Skeezick General much more survivable than Half Skeezick, which was the key difference between the two prior to the patch.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

*3 champs now

but yeah strenght in numbers for SL please

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

If you mention Heart of Gnash in your next post I'll flip out.

BurnPyro likes this.
  16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

3 for the +2 damage, but 5 for the HP and damage on death.

17. Moles

Well, the majority of champions do not have a modifer on them, but we do have a list of every champ with a modifier and will be reviewing them over time, which will be a lengthy process. I am a believer that the Algorithm should be adhered to wherever possible and modifiers should only be used if actually needed.

As for why they have them? some of them have them for good reason, but others I honestly couldn't tell you - and those are the ones we will be hoping over time to remove the modifiers on.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Totem is the same, just shinier though. He doesn't really make you win in more ways.

I'm not sure about Alchemist. The action potion is nice for 75 nora. But bomb level 1 is essentially a sandbag and he offers little else. Although its nice to have a ranged skeezick without defenseless.

19. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

What's your opinion on Bolter?

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Good champ. Just not a good champ for skeezick. Cannon and others do it cheaper and good enough, skeezick are a swarm race. They don't like 80 nora champs unless they're pretty damn baller.