Skeezick "buffs"

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by BurnPyro, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@Moles Can you share your deck? I would like to try it :)

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Here's my analysis. First a rundown of the changes.
    • Gained Races: Skeezick, Mutant
    • Default cost to 80 nora - 10 nora more than before when building with Acid Bomb 3
    • Health increased (+4) - a 1 nora increase.
    • Starting Abilities: Immortality - Existed
    • Majestic 2 - Existed
    • Acid Bomb 3 - Moved from Upgrade 1
    • Weighty - Replaced Lumbering, a 14 nora increase
    • Immortality - Removed, a 3 nora decrease
    • Skeezick Rapture - Existed
    • Upgrade Set 1: Guarded Skeezick (default) - New
    • Heal Mass 2 - Moved from Upgrade Path 2
    • Heal Mass 3 - Moved from Upgrade Path 2
    • Upgrade Set 2: Acidic Greeting (default) - Moved from Base
    • Blind - Moved from base
    • Skeezick Alliance - New
    Why were the upgrade paths swapped? He doesn't seem usable in non skeezick BGs. I don't see any reason Heal Mass will be taken over Skeezick Rapture. Upgrade Path 2 offers more customization, although I suspect most will run with Acidic Greeting.

With 50 damage and 2 defense, I suspect he will be one rounded. Majestic 2 will protect from melee, but the game is pretty well focused on range. I feel that Tough 2 or scale armor would be a better option for 4 less nora. Guarded Skeezick will give a good boost for a turn, possibly 2.

I think he could be a good deploy as the 5th or later skeezick, once Skeezick Rebel is going.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I believe you and Pyro are defining good/awful in a different way. I think Pyro is saying good/awful in competitive way. You seem to be saying good/awful in a fun to play variety way.

4. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

[​IMG]
    This is how it looks at the moment, haven't lost yet with it. but still experimenting.

Not sure about Scoundrel and Negation Mage. Any upgrades you're not sure of let me know.

Goyo likes this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@Moles Hey Moles what would you recommend in place of the Blackguard?

6. Moles

If you cannot get a Blackguard (which i'd reccomend if you can) its simple to replace with another Resilient Skeezick.

7. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

5 aoe spells? really?

8. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

No Wrecker? No Rioter? What?

Drop scoundrel and resilient for 2x wrecker (loyalty buff on resilient is not as effective with blackguard). Drop Nega amge for Rioter. Consider dropping 1 totem and 1 alc for Warcharged. Fit in at least 1, if not 2 Quarry Marks.

Nice to see General is no longer in use, good balancing.

Sirius and BurnPyro like this.
  9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Actually if you bother running a 76 nora Res Skeez, fork over the extra 4 nora for a BM3 General.

Balance not achieved.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The cheapest build is 79 nora.

I don't know how you get 76. Reinforce and rend are cheapest, giving him 79 nora.

80 nora for reinforce 1 and alliance.

Like, no

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

you're by far the biggest voice of reason ive ever met

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

...srs

Sirius likes this.
  13. Moles

I was running a rioter, but swapped it out for the Skeezick Revolt as the spell is only 6 nora more than the champ now and gives 3 skeezick. Quarry Mark i'd love to fit in, but just cannot find room, next time I adjust it i'll try to get at least one in though.

The resilient is actually still very good if you draw him in the early game - Scoundrel i've not been too impressed with so far, and am definitely considering dropping.

That being said i've just re-jigged slightly to get some of the cheaper champs in to try. Taken out negamage, resilient, scoundrel and one acid storm - for quarry mark, wrecker, warguard and a drummer, to allow for a bit more cheap champs which the deck was lacking.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

derp

i thought this guy was still up for debate as someone asked me about it yesterday and other people answered as well which made me think some people thought this was viable and then i read this and my brain went full auto

anyhow

lolno res skeez

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

im not fond of revolt

hate summons

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Like I said yesterday, put Hit and Run on U1 instead of Reinforce2. Playable champ.

GREENS NOTICE ME

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

OH YOU MEANT SWITCH THE UPGRADES

i somehow read that as "run this upgrade over the other"

this is how I get confused

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

No I mean drop Reinforce2 completely and put HnR on upgrades.

19. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I used to really enjoy Skeezick, but something about them now makes them not very fun. I can't point to a specific change, but they feel off.

20. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

They feel too bland