Look who's back... Post here if returning or just migrated from SOE.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by ARlSTOTLE, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

Weeeeeeeeeell look what the dorfs dragged in. Long time no see, Ari! I'll forgive you if you don't remember me, I've been upgraded a few times :p

2. ARlSTOTLE

ARlSTOTLE The King of Potatoes

No offense intended here as I've not been back or seen your forum posts enough to judge, but just sayin: changing your name does not guarantee increase in stature, status, or ability. So call yourself upgraded all you want, in mine eyes, thou ist still teh same.

3. ARlSTOTLE

I'm sure there is a reason for this, but why does Polymorph not show up in the Rune Checklist, and what are the duplicate runes with the * next to them?

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

* runes mean they are from a public/free BG and are not tradable.

As for Polymorph, only people with it can see it.

5. Grand General Mosh

Ouch? Just a construct joke, man..

6. ARlSTOTLE

Just giving you a hard time, Mr. Mosherness.

7. ARlSTOTLE

This is odd then, since I own 1 Polymorph. It still doesn't show up in the Rune Checklist though.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Does it show up in rune manager? They may have deleted it, I think Portal Nexus was removed.

9. Grand General Mosh

Someone's got to; all you fleshbags are so darn squishy...

10. ARlSTOTLE

It shows up in the Rune Manager, yes.

11. ARlSTOTLE

Hoping someone can answer this. How do I get a warbanner for factions where I already have the avatar? I only have KF and IS warbanners, yet I have all but 2 of the avatars. So for those factions I've already purchased the avatar, I see no current way to get a warbanner for them. Used to be crafted, is there another way to get them now?

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Easiest way is trading for them, pretty sure they are still available in the market.
    The other way is buying core set packs and boxes as they are legendaries from that set.

13. ARlSTOTLE

Thanks for the info. I imagine it'll be a trade for situation then... I'm not too worried about it right now, because I'm only playing IS or KF until I get back into the swing of things anyway.

14. ARlSTOTLE

This is sort of a strange question: Does anyone know of a champs that has an upgrade ability which is a basic attack? For example, utilizing Spare Parts, is there a champ out there, that could bestow a basic attack ability onto one with none?

I know Turret Team has Magic Attack it could bestow, but that's not considered a basic attack. I'm not concerned with which faction this unit is in. Just wondering if one exists?

15. GabrielQ

Skywing imperator

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  16. Grand General Mosh

I'm pretty sure that's the ONLY one, actually. And unfortunately, based upon the way Spare Parts/Bestow works, it would have to be a Lvl 2 Imperator with ONLY that Upgrade selected, unless you were intending to pass it along to another Dragon, as it requires a shared race to receive both upgrades.

17. ARlSTOTLE

One is enough. Just have to make BG that uses IS/SL and works with my theme then. I don't mind deploying something with only ONE upgrade to make this work. =p It's a total cheese BG, but it will be fun if I ever make it work to know the enemy's jaw just dropped through their keyboard.

Just so I'm sure in how Spare Parts works though, if it doesn't share a race, will it randomly pick one of the 2 upgraded abilities, or does Bestow not work in that situation. I imagine when you said have only that upgraded on the Skywing is to guarantee the basic attack is what is transferred?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  18. GabrielQ

What do you want to give a basic attack that is so important?
    anyways, you can use horrific mutation to give that champion race dragon and receive both upgrades.

I remembered that bogwood mireoak also has a basic attack as a upgrade.

19. Grand General Mosh

That's correct. I'm not sure if it still DOES or not, but it would also transfer any remaining AP on the champion like Transfusion. Never could figure out if that was WAI or not. But yes. When a champion with Bestow dies, the NEAREST allied champion gets one of its selected upgrades, both of them if they share a race. So yes, that's why.

I checked, Gabriel. It has Attack: Poison as an upgrade, which isn't exactly ideal.

20. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!