The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

||Special Offer!|| Buy one, get one free on Gekaal's herb cakes. Only $4.20!

"For all your general Purpose Boghopper needs, talk here." ~ IMAGIRL 2015

Hello Forglar Swamp Dwellers.

This will be a space for all related Boghopper needs, if u have a question regarding the theme, post it here. Curious to see what a boghopper deck looks like atm, ask here. Do you need advice or help? Ask here. Aslong as its regarding Boghoppers this is the place to be.

It wont be a detailed guide or anything like that, just think of it as a sub forum for Boghoppers within the Forglar Swamp forum. It should make accessing information abit easier, and asking questions should be easier too as you dont have to make a totally new post. At the very least i will watch this post and reply to anyone that posts. :)
    Maybe u can help me out @profhulk @Boozha @Leadrz @Taylor or anyone else, when u can.

Im hoping that this grows, aslong as people post here, it should do.
    If you ever have question just post.

Ill update these decks when i get the chance so they're relevant if newbies happen to want a template.
    One of my Boghopper decks:

Untitled.png

This is a Highlander one (I like Highlander, it allows for more versatility and variety):

Untitled.png

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  2. Anima26

3. Anima26

To get the ball rolling,

I was curious to what upgrades people prefer on Gluttons, im currently running Slowing Armor/Tremor and it makes him real cheap, is it better to take absorb? Tectonic Pulse is an interesting ranged option.

Also what do people think of the recently buffed cleansing mist and erode spells?

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

For Boghopper Glutton I upgrade absorb and tremor. Reasoning is that u can usually get off tremor and massive leap for a 12 dmg aoe power turn. I also like to cycle massive and tremor cooldowns when I am trying to stall for backup. Occasionally I will upgrade Tectonic pulse, because its a great 15 dmg nuke. The Slowing armor I have been less successful with because it competes with absorb so u will get the crap ranged out of you if u don't have absorb. To maximize Boghopper Gluttons effectiveness you will want a Spawnpool guardian popping out tads for him to consume.

Ifem21 and Anima26 like this.
  5. Anima26

Yes, ive got him eating tads too :) Works nicely. Ill swap to Absorb and see if i prefer it.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Finally got them leveled, and I must say I'm not really all that happy with Tectonic Pulse thus far. So ultimately it comes down to how much ranged you're stuck dealing with, as far as whether or not you want Absorb over the cheaper Slowing Armor. Given that ranged has always been fairly prominent in the game... Default upgrades generally win.

7. Anima26

8. Anima26

I was thinking of replacing an Augur with a Blackhand to try him out. Has anyone tried him since his rework, 70 nora Multi atk, Counter attack: ranged and Dashing Maneuver sounds good to me.

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Blackhand is a decent harasser now with his ability to dodge a ranged attack. My only problem is his low hp and add to that leap 3 costs another 7 nora if I want to give him the kind of mobility he needs.

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would like to read a guide to Boghoppers :). I've allways wanted to play them (without the palading because it's mega ugly, and the one that looks like an elf, dugh).

How a thematic Boghopper deck looks like? Are the heroes runnable?

11. Anima26

Itd be nice if there were some of the guides like there used to be on old forums, it takes alot of time and effort to make them and keep them upto date though. I cant do it myself personally, id love to read one too though. Kartch is pretty cheap, Gekaal is 85 nora but only has 6 spd and leap 2 with leap 3 hes very expensive, SlicknBuzz is good imo. Theyre all runnable imo.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Stickied. For all your general Purpose Boghopper needs, talk here. (Generally I like to do this ontop of a guide, but we'll see how this goes.)

13. Anima26

I fixed the top of the post for you.

14. Anima26

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    Goyo likes this.
  15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

This is my style of boghopper bg. Replace the backfire with drown if you prefer the 75 nora instakill. Darkmarsh outlaws are pricey so darkmarsh zealots are pretty cheap replacements and I like to switch them in every 3-4 games. Most of the time I don't run darkmarsh snatcher so I can include one more spell, but hes there for de-equip. You can replace Darkmarsh shadow with emergency equipment for detect. I like Darkmarsh shadow, because his skillset has good synergy with alot of the boghoppers(mudsling so good). Another tip for hoppers is to run them as cheap as possible, because most hoppers die easy.

https://poxbase.com/deck/czmctCgICgUcjYCg9cgYc8IcqWcjicpuC5qs1s6TS33s6-sms46s5BrNr3irWe2Ge2qe2w

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Goyo and Anima26 like this.
  16. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Mudsling forever.

17. Anima26

Enforcers ftw.

18. Anima26

@profhulk What upgrades do u run on Enforcers?

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Darkmarsh Enforcer upgrades=Tough3,leap2.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  20. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Why not at Leap 2? Since it only costs 1 more Nora for that extra space of movement.

I get you don't use it often (at all?) but it can come in handy even if just for getting over impassible terrain, or leaping past into a Font, or the middle of a group of enemies to Binding Chain them.