Northern Cross Obelisk

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Dude... Am I the only one ?

2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Not tested it yet.

Dunno, seems a good idea, but we have eartshaker which is still a better contesting option imo

3. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't get it. Why is it good?

4. Anotherblackman

its the truth

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Phalanxy but stationary so good for maybe one skirmish and they can simply ignore it most times tbh. It also has no paladin clause for synergy unfortunately.

- NC priestess could be repurposed into a relic synergizing champ, reclaim ..relocate relic etc then this relic would be useful. Or give obelisk an ability that lets it get summoned to a nearby paladin with a large cd

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's great in a side font harrass battle.

7. Dresnar20365988

How so? Seems so situational that it shouldn't get a slot. I have no clue why anyone would run this for 30 nora. It does nothing at all.

It needs another clause, battle master or something.

Please explain why I'm wrong? I tried it and never had cause to deploy other than to contest and I always wished it was one of our other relics.

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I find it interesting in theory, but the problem is the opponent is under absolutely no obligation to attack the relic. Even in a font battle, the relic itself is of zero consequence, as it does not have any effect aside from Penance. The opponent can simply attack your champions first, then kill the relic last. If you drop it simply to contest it may have marginal use, but the effect is too circumstantial. I do, however, like the idea of Penance as an ability. Perhaps on a future Paladin champion that has access to Antagonize, Clamp, Duel, etc. But on a relic? Just doesn't cut it.

JaceDragon likes this.
  9. Anotherblackman

#officiallythelastofadyingbreed

10. Dresnar20365988

Why won't you tell us your reasoning?

I've had it played against me and it didn't do a thing. What are you doing differently?

Wait

You trollin bro?

Bro?

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You have your harrass er take a hit or two. Place the relic in font and move outside but in range of healing if he were to attack relic. You win either way, you continue to contest with relic or younger some heals for your harrasser.

12. Dresnar20365988

Someone tried that. I moved to the champ and killed it. Then killed the relic. Easy peasy. There is no reason to attack the relic first.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My harrass doesn't get killed. I would keep moving away and eventually to another font or support dmg before I engage.

14. Anotherblackman

I'll give everyone of you a week to figure it out...

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'll give me a week to even play a single game in this ****sauce of a meta

16. Anotherblackman

This tune is more potent than Anything IS got this expansion, and its unnerfed.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

O SHT THE FUZZ!

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

In all seriousness, this is the kind of rune I don't like nerfing, because it has interesting tactical implications, isn't OP on drop, and has a localized effect and counters. It also requires good play to make the most use out of.

Also, LOVE the idea of the Priestess getting some kind of relic synergy, I will see what I can do there - I am actually thinking of spreading it to some of the other Northern Cross champs as well (upgrades, while Priestess can probably get Reclaim cheap base).

20. Anotherblackman

I C Wat u did thar.

No seriously, it's a genius design who made it?