KF/SL Energy Overload

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by profhulk, Jun 16, 2015.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Something needs to be done about this. I have no desire to play against this split. If you are able to rush shrine sure it is easily overcome. However once your opponent gets the ball rolling it is fairly easy to stall and gain massive amounts of nora with Infestors out. At a certain point in the game opponent can draw win by building up enemies nora with energy overload and destroying shrine. My solution is to remove Energy Overload until you find a solution. It is interesting to watch Ipox create these bg but painful to have to see pathetic players abuse the bg to get wins. Allowing abuse like this run rampant surely can't be good for the game.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

How hard is it to remove Energy Overload from ranked? No one runs it except for Ipox and the other Firk face I d/c on today who is copying Ipox bg to get wins. Clearly Ipox has moved on to playing grab ass with a bog pearl and a pair of lonx facilitators.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

Say the name! Say it's kalasle!

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Kalasle is running this too? These bg should be restricted to Ipox use only.
    [​IMG]

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Kalasle is doing it to teach people to adapt. So adapt, will you

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

It is possible to adapt to it if I have a good early game draw. At some point I think the pox population will come to the realization that this kf/sl split is a cancer comparable to the unbalanced ap control decks of old. You remember the good old days of wretched witch, magnetic rover, and endless black label brews/ lame fw equips? Remember how fun that was to adapt to? One turn the wretched witches and magnetic rovers or lose. Nothing to one turn in this kf/sl energy overload split. Rush or die. Infestors become your champs so enjoy all the free nora. At the end of this game Energy Overload blows up your shrine. What is their to adapt to? I don't get it. Bullshit like this is why this game fails.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  7. Boozha

AP denial I adapted to with the surrender button becauseI could not be arrrrrsed. This new stuff is far less annoying. I'd like to have the people that played Wretched Witches and Rovers back in the day de-fe-nes-tra-ted. This stuff at leastonly takesa few minutes to kill you.

Also, backlash or channel can win you the game, possibly, if you are good and lucky at the same time.

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm torn between the silly nature of your statement (restricting any deck to specific players only) and my love of the .gif

That .gif is adorabear.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Toss Equipment now has a CD of 1. We are working on fixing it so it doesn't count as a destroy action, but that'll come later.
    Energy Overload has been temporarily removed from ranked.

Is there a bug with Arcane Maelstrom allowing it to affect opponent's runedocks?

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Is there a bug with Arcane Maelstrom allowing it to affect opponent's runedocks?[/QUOTE]
    fixed
    No I misread the description.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Haven't ranked in a couple days, but yes, am playing this. I think one or two other people are as well. Run Backlash, Nora Leech, a spell Seal (only some work), or rush. Honestly, a competent and hyper-aggressive rush gives the BG a hell of a hard time. Don't play scared.

Removing Overload from ranked seems like an ok solution -- the combo still works, but you don't get the instant kill with it, and have to flood your opponent. Time to figure out a replacement rune, and fall back on that Adaptive alt wincon.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Someone needs to run the math on the actual chances of a degenerate draw versus an opponent with some number of straight outs.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I have no respect for people who bandwagon iPox bgs.

MovnTarget and Baskitkase like this.
  14. Boozha

With one change you ruin four BG's :p Had to happen at some point, but I didn't expect youto be so quick with it

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Sorry to hear about everyone's negative reaction to another person running a BG.

I took the basic combo core and then put it in a modified shell. I'd say I spent about as much time teching the deck, figuring out how it works and improving it as iPox did. That's the path by which decks and ideas develop and improve. My interest in rank or wins is tangential to using the ranking systems as a process for working with the BG.

16. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

kk
    shameless copycat

Baskitkase likes this.
  17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yes. Pretty much. Apparently there is an enormous stigma against that in Pox.

Anima26 likes this.
  18. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Can you speak to the longer-term plans about these two interactions?

20. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I had respect for you green giant :(