Discussion: Coalitions Midterm Release Day June 25th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

2. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Awesome!

3. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Moneygrabbers that will be released broken and be nerfed into theme enablers later.

Disclaimer: I see PN glass half empty now.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You guys are crazy. Honestly.
    Don't know why I even bother anymore...
    Still, I wish you good luck! Hope there are big enough whales to help you guys.

5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

3 days notice? Lol really....

JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.
  6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

kind of weird on the short notice but they've been practically done as far as design goes for over a month, was wondering what was taking so long honestly, more happy to see the patch that usually come with the mids then the mid terms themselves.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Pedeguerra

Red alert! Red alert!

8. calisk

what? I could interprut your over reacting in sooooo many ways

9. Pedeguerra

I have no faith in the people making the pre analysis on the runes. I feel their balance sense is screwed in too many levels for me to expect anything but unbalanced crap.

10. calisk

Again you over estimate the councils ability to do anything and you keep latching onto it, we saw the runes which is by no means hidden everyone including yourself knows we did, said our piece and very little changed on them, this is soko's show not ours, even the stuff that changed was soko's way not any council members way.

even if the council was for some reason in charge of balance which we are not, it would be unreasonable at this stage to expect us to balance anything as we've never played with the finished runes, which will likely come out different then even we saw.

soko uses the council as a bouncing board for ideas not some tool to balance pox, that is really what you need to think of the council as.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  11. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

So many people are complaining, yeah Pox has a lot that needs sorting, but its a business as well as a game, if they don't introduce new content, the cash flow will slow down.
    They need to keep cash coming in so they can keep working.
    They picked up this game after SoE completely destroyed what pox used to be about (IMO anyway), it never was going to be a quick turn around to make the game better than ever.

If you do have negative things to say about anything, try to back it up with some validity.

Edit: but back on point, looking forward to mid-terms :)

Moles likes this.
  12. Pedeguerra

1) No, I'm not "overestimating" jack. I'm 100% sure that people there still flood Soks inbox with requests and analysis, maybe you are not seeing but I'm 100% he listens to a handful of players more than others. Don't be naive;

2) "Said our piece" is pretty much saying people there have a call on balance and design. If not, you guys would only be allowed to preview the runes and say nothing, and there would be no point in a "secret forum for a secret council". You confirmed this when you said "very little changed on them". So, yeah, people there ARE having a say, even if small. Which, in retrospect, leads me to say again:

3) "It would be unreasonable at this stage to expect us to balance anything as we've never played with the finished runes". Well, jeez, Pox stayed without beta testers for what, 6 or 7 years, this isn't news. However, at least people making the suggestions were respected as awesome players and with great knowledge of the game. This is not the case nowadays.

Lastly, @GabrielQ going missing since the councils creation is intended, I feel. The guy still has over 2k posts and yet we never see them. Why? Because he is been spamming the heck out of the council forums, and let me tell you, that was one of the greatest noobs this game has ever had, even though he was very nice to others - perfect Sok profile.
    Yeah, you can keep this whole "council has no powers" claim for as long as you want, I'm not buying it.
    And they have terrible balance sense.

jvne likes this.
  13. calisk

our very little say is to just stop obviously broken stuff, X will breaks game with Y rune currently in play we won't catch them all but we catch plenty and you guys never need to see them, it's easy for Soko to miss this stuff a lot of things to consider, the council is not like it was when Gedden was running it hell it's not even the same council.

The reason it's done in secret is so people don't over react and flip out i.e like this, you can't even hear that runes existed in concept before they were released without sounding alarms and you don't even play the game, it's no surprise things need to be discussed quietly.

Also gabriel is on the council? he doens't post much if he is.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  14. Pedeguerra

Whatever calisk, keep fighting the good fight.
    I will be here when you decide to quit again because it doesn't appeal to you anymore. I mean, the same problems are still there that made you quit once and never check out these forum for like what, a whole year?
    I used to be sad when thinking about Pox ending, now I just perceive it as a terminal disease that you just have to accept and learn to let go.
    But hey, hype for more unbalanced crap that I won't be buying! YAY!

Edit: for example, last week I dropped U$30,00 just to get a skin on a hero over at HS. I really want to give some money to Pox, I really do. But as a costumer I want my product to be working fine and giving me joy, conditions which Pox doesnt fulfil at all.

15. calisk

ya most of the problems exist that were around when I quit, but most of those problems began after soko left originally, I do think he's doing a good job with the limitations he has, and is working on resolving many of them.

16. jvne

jvne Well-Known Member

Still waiting for that look up on the following runes(As i have been playing mostly UD since I started Pox the opinion is only on UD and biased):
    Nefari Messanger, Nefari Schemer, Imp Vixen, Soulthirster, Boodguard, Demonvein vamire(and vampire theme as a whole),Hekatian Voidraker, Captive Lorekeeper, DE Masochist, Succubus, Redcap Twins, Depths Doombringer, Goblin Gloombringer, Greater Pitspawn(Death touch and Curse on a 22 dmg champ? ), Orb of Protection and last but not least LAVA TRAP.

17. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I dont care about the new runes at all but looking foward to a patch.

Anima26, JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.
  18. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Gib Patch not Broken New Runes

SPiEkY and BurnPyro like this.
  19. Dumpraiser

Dumpraiser The King of Potatoes

Good news ! looking forward to buy some packs

20. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I like new content...you can release new stuff and fix old stuff. Not doing one doesn't really have a huge impact on the other , except one way makes no money

TheBulwark likes this.