Devs: Your Changes are Killing your Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zer0sum, Jun 28, 2015.

1. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

U should see the number of unplayable bgs I had since revamp. Thank god I have 2x most runes so I can play w.e. I want.

Again what he said is nurf psychology, a rune gets nurfed, everybody trades it into poxbox, said rune is now overstocked and worthless. Said player involved now has to pay more to get other stuff.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

HS allows you to disenchant your forged cards for full value, so that players don't loose value when nerfs come around. Just saying.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Really? I thought it was 50% or did it get changed?

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

No, full value as far as I remember (and I was around since beta).
    So if I craft a Dr. Boom today and it gets nerfed tomorrow, for a certain period of time they allow me to disenchant him for the same price I paid for it.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The NORMAL shard rates are quite low actually, 25%/50% maximum.

upload_2015-6-29_12-20-37.png

However, they do have mechanic-ism in place where for 2 weeks you can disenchant a nerfed rune for full value. But they make relatively few changes as well.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Oh, I see. Seems like I misread the original statement, thanks for clearing things up.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't think you misread so much as the relevant detail was left out.

8. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

Even if that was true, last time I checked u can't forge new runes or for shards. I.e. if @Sokolov decides to throw in a hotfix for the FW leg tomorrow, said player can only trade said rune into poxbox or sit on it. At said point, the rune is now worthless.

Trust me guys I know, I was poor and shark once

9. zer0sum

zer0sum The King of Potatoes

Specifically, boost is a huge blow to skeletons. Bone Wing is pretty awful now and I paid dearly to forge him. All of the summons are hurt by this change because they have pretty low damage to begin with and skeletons obviously rely on tons of summons. I need to get a skeleton commander, defender, and booster to get my bg working now (3 runes) when before I had that worked out with a few powerful single runes that fit thematically as the backbone of a skeleton horde.

Unholy Tomb was a questionable drop for me at 50 Nora but sometimes it made sense. I don't understand how UT is going to pay itself off now at 35 Nora with the new changes.

The Lich King change was a big blow to my BG because surge: skeleton let him get big, and skeletons really lack big damage.

The only rune that can deal good damage for skeletons now is the lerper. Anyway if you can build a good skeleton BG using the rune forge I'd love to hear about it. I don't think my current BG is capable of winning after these changes, not versus anything remotely competitive .

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

UT is going to pay off itself the exact same way as before ... Are you a MW alt or what

11. zer0sum

I am a professional game developer.

Unholy Tomb before: 50 nora. Cost to pay back was 25 Champ-Turns. It's 35 champ turns now, which is a substantially longer payback period.

If the opponent had 5 champs out, it would have taken 5 turns to pay off the old UT. It would now take 7 turns. It's a straight nerf of a rune that has been the same way for like 5 years, with a wide range of existing counters including backlash, corrupted nora, demolish, that feedback thing that the jaguar arcanis had or has, and so on.

12. Boozha

And that changes the way it pays itself off in which manner but none?

A rune that was OP for years and years got nerfed. Boo bloody hoo.

13. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Lol. Sorry man, you have no clue what you're talking about. This exact argument has been debunked repeatedly, most recently on the front page of General Discussion just today. Go ahead and consider these perspectives if you still think that UT is bad now: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/the-unholy-tomb-dilemma-tempo-and-nora-gen.17016/

14. zer0sum

A collectible card game that changes your collection basically at random is no collectible card game. The attitude that your collection is subject to sweeping changes on a whim is beyond ridiculous. This removes the incentive to seek and collect new cards because there is no real guarantee that anything you collect today will be what you paid for tomorrow. So, you can spend your money how you want, and I'll spend mine how I want, but I think that if the devs stuck to an approach where overpowered runes received counters rather than nerfs, then they'd have a healthier game.

15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I don't wanna be rude but you must be a shitty game developer.

16. zer0sum

I read it. I think that the OP there is correct. The UT is a poor example of what I'm trying to get across here. What I'm more concerned about is the inconstancy of this game and it's schizophrenic attitude towards runes.

17. zer0sum

Well I don't wanna be rude either but both of my games have been in the Steam top 10 and I've never seen Pox on the front page.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  18. Boozha

Yeah, so it's not a collective card game then. I don't particulary care. If you want imbalanced things to persist seek another game please.

And I really don't care how your games do, Pox is Pox, not your game.

19. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Alright, fair enough. It's true that the game flips over on itself basically every month, but I don't think that at this point the devs can stop. There's too much bad design built up from all of the previous eras where Pox was owned/developed by other people (ie. SOE)

20. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Neither here nor there. Popular does not = good.

From 1 gamer to another, very glad you had double success. Positive vibes.