Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@Sokolov

[Area effect nora globe collection interaction]

I've found "On The House" to be a mostly useless sandbag ability. Friendlies are almost always already drunk and it rarely has an effect on enemies. I thought it would have more effect but it just doesn't. It's not a good enough ability such as Soul Collection (which is only 6 nora btw, haha, and an awesome ability) to warrant prepositioning and possible increased risk of incoming damage to ensure it goes off on champions death. The way IS works, rarely do we "let" our champions die, we are always striving to keep them alive. When an enemy dies, we pick up the globe but we are already drunk, or we are doing it with a non-drunk-friendly champion and apply a debuff to our own champion.

I would cost this at 2 nora maximum but moreso, I would just remove this ability from the game or completely rework it. It just doesnt function like you would think it does. At first, I thought well the brewmaiden is a vital support so she stays too far back for enemy to be effected, but its the same thing with the new legendary. It happens on enemy so rarely that it is not even every game and usually a maximum or 1-2 times per game. The most interaction I have with this ability is null effect on already drunk dorfs/brutes or debuff myself.

You agree/disagree? Open to ideas for rework?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Agree that On The House doesn't have a real function within the current Drunk theme. Going non-Drunk Dwarves might make it do something, but that feels like a narrow and unrealistic deck. It's a neat ability, but because of what Baskit said, it lacks a place within Dwarves. Everything it might do gets superseded by some other desired interaction.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It seems like st semmir being permanent ultimately made on the house less valuable than it could be, but i do like that there is at least one semipermanent source.

Perhaps on the house could get a secondary effect if the friendly champ is already intoxicated.

darklord48 likes this.
  4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Witches seem headed to a good place..but Elsari coven still feels off. Since there are so many sources I think a bonus or temp buff could be added to the champion with coven when curse triggers.

- The reality is the ability just needs to be present on one champ deployed so every other instance feels lackluster , I understand you want multiple sources to improve pull chance but maybe just a minor clause added would help out.

Elsari Coven - whenever.....blah blah...for each witch you control. This champion also gains +1 speed for 2 turns.(this does not stack)

- This way you don't feel punished for having a lot of coven champs. Also it prepares this ability for future nerfs, like making it range 8 instead of global potentially but witches aren't there .....yet

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Possibly trigger the disarm bonus? May be a tad strong but would be easy for clarity.

I like Coven's current form but the duration is way too high. Could prob stand to be 1 turn per witch you control instead of 2. In the current form Coven can cause 1st round draw wins on quite a few maps if a Coven champ is deployed first and the second turn player deploys a 6 speed (5 speed while cursed) the game can already be over. Changing the stacking duration to 1 instead of 2 would remove the first round issue (champ wouldnt be cursed by your 2nd turn) and late game still have a duration of 2-3 rounds (5-6 witches out) and still be a hinderence with their large amount of DMZ.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Semipermenant is already covered by keg toss. That ability is direct and controllable. This ability providing buffs will still be highly situational as you aren't always assure a globe and there's usually no decision required as to who picks the globe up.

Soul Collection at 6 nora has a huge impact on the game. This ability not only is more expensive but has almost no impact whatsoever other than debuffing myself.

It's 7 nora to almost never do anything and I would say that the "almost never" part is what breaks the ability and tossing some other interaction on the ability will have little impact until you make it strong enough that people split for globe creation spells/cheap champs.

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Sigh. I was not going to respond to this but there are some things I just can't let slide:

1) " we don't get paid, we don't get free runes, we don't really get anything. There is no obligation that comes with being on the council, and if people there are too busy, don't feel qualified on a subject, or just don't feel like contributing there is nothing that says they should do". Yes, I'm aware of all that. The only "motivation" people have is wanting to help the game grow and stay alive, and let me tell you, it was sufficient for, since I spent almost 4 hours a day playing and reading forums and making analysis and whatnot, and I did it for almost 3 years. So, if people are "too busy, don't feel qualified on a subject, or just don't feel like contributing", they should probably give up their position so that someone willing would do it. That's what I did when I realized I didn't have the time to help anymore. I didn't hold my position for a false sense of importance in the community.

2) "I think those like you who have opted out, or have been asked but turned it down, really have no right to criticise": what? This is beyond stupid. I have all the right to criticize as I paying customer that I always have been. What I don't have is the right to make balance calls regarding the meta, since I'm not playing and thus not aware of the meta. However, there are broad game mechanics that I can still give opinion on because it's common knowledge: for example, AP gen is too strong, so things like CnC, Murkwater Frenzy and hell even Dimension Doors should be toned down... Nora gen is too strong so it should be kept in check with Backlash, which should be stronger. These are all personal opinions but of course I can have my say on it, I have what I'd call "considerable game knowledge".

3) "if you have balance issues you want to rant about, then put up or shut up - i.e contribute, make an analysis thread. 'I quit the council' doesn't mean anything.": well, as I explained above, there are some things I can still talk about even if not playing, so I certainly won't put up or shut up when I see things I don't agree with. However, I have all the right to NOT make an analysis thread - I've done my share and I feel General Discussion is too toxic - rarely something good comes out of it. "I quit the council" does mean a lot to me, because I've done my share and I have a clean conscience that I did everything in my power to help and was very good at it. Can all the people on the council say that? Do you think all are active/contribute enough to deserve the spot there? No need for an answer, just think about it.

TL;DR: I will have my say on anything I feel like, the manner on which I contribute is my problem and I won't have people saying how I should post or not. If you want an "analysis thread" create one yourself, that's the job of the people of the council, not mine. Hence, roll up your sleeve gents, or if you can't contribute enough, GTFO of the council and let someone willing do it for ya. This last part isn't aimed directly at you, Badger, but at anyone who is there and isn't doing his/her share.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

why do you bother badger it's only been explained to pede 60 or 70 times now, he's a toxic player.

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

And you are a dumb one, why can't we coexist?
    :D:D:D

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pedeny Spearce?

Pedeguerra likes this.
  11. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Actually, it doesn't work like that...you would think it would, but it doesn't.

If I go first and deploy a Witch with Coven, and you go second and deploy a 6-Speed champ, your champ will be Cursed for 2 turns. However, when your turn comes, the Cursed status will wear off, and you will receive 6 AP, not 5.

Yes, it definitely is not how you think it would work, but that's how it works in game. Just one of those things that don't work like they should, that you learn when playing the game.

Thbigchief likes this.
  12. Sokolov

To put it another way, would you expect any single turn effect or condition would still be there on your opponents' turns? For example, Stunned 1?

I am not sure how it can be argued that Cursed 2 lasting the turn it was applied and then the following turn is in any way odd.

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Basic Traps could have a duration of 8 turns and then disappear? That seems sufficiently long without being pointless. Also, I do believe most traps would be better with just 1 rank (instead of 3 ranks).

14. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

doesn't prevent the pull/knockback tactics that are currently employed by sp, keep in mind this isn't the first time this has been the case, st has done it, fs has done it, it's just a thing that happens.

15. Elric

I actually expected Cursed 2 to last so that the opposing champion would only get 5 AP, instead of 6. I thought it would be that the opposing champ accrues 5 AP, then the Cursed condition wears off..

However, if Cursed 2 did last as expected, I think it could create draw-wins, so it's best if it's not changed. I was simply saying this is one of those things that you learn by playing, but can't go by paper.

It's the exact same thing with Voil Progenitor. Nowhere on the rune does it say it has Mythical. Not until you play a game with Voil Progenitor do you see Mythical show up on the rune. Since there are so many icons granted by Titan, most likely you will find out that Voil Progenitor is Mythical by it exploding when you deploy a 2nd one.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  16. Sokolov

I guess I don't see why you'd think that tho. No other condition or duration based effect on Pox works like that.

I think the Titan/Mythical thing is really quite different, that's a bug or oversight. It's really not the same thing at all.

17. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Hey sok was wondering if you could change "dark knight" from forsaken waste class from wizard to knight as it states in it's name thanx.Also if you could in future add more knight as this class seems to have the least amount of it's class for dailiy purposes thank you.

18. Elric

Could you get Mythical removed from Voil Progenitor? I'm not sure if the other Titans have Mythical in game as well. Thanks! :)

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

They all, appropriately, have mythical.

Anima26 likes this.
  20. Elric

It's really NOT appropriate if it's not listed on the rune. It shouldn't be a surprise ability that is ONLY in game.