Petition regarding Patch notes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sinkia, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Sinkia

Sinkia New Member

I think that Patch notes should be like this:

How the rune WAS before the patch.
    How the rune IS now.

I see the patch notes and I don't really know if my monsters got nerffed or buffed since I can't compare them with their previous version.

I really don't know why nobody had a problem with this and had said something about it.

This would be HUGE for the not so experienced players.

Thanks!

2. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

it could be like: this ability was removed,this ability added,nora cost went up by blah blah

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

But this would dramatically increase patch notes size and workload, poxbase can really help you here.
    It has changes with patches by dates.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Has poxbase even been updated for the latest patch?

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Pretty sure it has. Spot check shows that Skeezick Alliance is up-to-date.

To the OP: while this might help as a reference point in some ways, I feel it's mostly irrelevant or unnecessary, especially in proportion to the amount of work required. People haven't had a problem with it because they are looking at the rune as it stands post patch -- judging changes as a buff or nerf can be tricky no matter how much information you have, the main thing a competitive player does is consider if they would run the rune as it is now in any deck. For that, you don't need to know how it was.

Having more information and documentation would be great, but this feels like low-priority bookkeeping.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Goyo likes this.
  6. Leadrz

Nea gets busy time to time, and does it free so and when I'm appreciative maybe with a few beers, but running that website free is well a 3rd party site.
    So we must have patience with Nea.

7. Sinkia

Sinkia New Member

"People haven't had a problem with it because they are looking at the rune as it stands post patch -- judging changes as a buff or nerf can be tricky no matter how much information you have, the main thing a competitive player does is consider if they would run the rune as it is now in any deck. For that, you don't need to know how it was."

This proposal is for the people that has less years playing and is not a competitive player. I have been playing 4 years and everytime a Patch Note shows up I'm like: "Hmm...my imp is now 78 nora...was it cheaper or more expensive before?" And I can't take decisions on my BG Building since I got nothing to compare it to.

It's like the developers say: If you want something to nerf or buff, please compare it with another card.

It's just to have a frame for reference. And I don't think it's way too much work to implement this and would mean a lot for not-so-experienced players.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

please yes

9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Wait! What r we talking about?

Goyo likes this.
  10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You drunk mate? Your typing is slurred. o_O

11. Leadrz

I was asleep, lying in bed.
    90% asleep, but needed to get up.
    So I turned up the brightness on my phone and attempted to do logical things.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

lol

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I dont care what the previous iteration of a rune was and dont see why it should matter if something got buffed or nerfed. All that matters is the current form and whether it is usable or not. Cant tell you how many times over the years that a rune has gotten nerfed and everyone stops using it just because it got nerfed and never took the time to figure out how it changes the rune. Months go by and someone rediscovers the rune and suddenly everyone is like "wow this thing is pretty good, why did he ever fall out of favor".

kalasle likes this.
  14. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

popularity is a huge part of what gets played in pox.