What are your favorite runes to play against?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bellagion, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Mixing it up here: let's have a thread where we share our favorite runes to play AGAINST. Champions that make a battle interesting from the other side, relics or equips that offer some interesting counterplay, spells that change how you approach a match.

For me:
    • Foul Rite because it's cray,
    • Goblins because Goblins, and
    • Slags because the ooze is a pretty weird and unique mechanic.
    What are yours?

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

If I happen to have lots of Detection in my deck, I kind of like playing against Solitary Garu decks. It is like a game of seek and destroy. If I don't have enough detection in my deck, I like the event much less.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I love playing against chopping block decks, partly because I have sac and retri and ways to beat them at their own game, but also because it's cool to introduce new ways to play.

I also kinda like shrine rush decks, again I have plenty of good counters available (blood tracker sometimes, retri, mindlicer boomerang, FR).

4. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I love playing against most deck and enjoy the challenge, although some decks are currently out of control and no fun to play against (dwarves).

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Bad ones cause I'm an exp *****.

Baskitkase likes this.
  6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Super-champs. FW has a million answers to those, but a competent pilot should also have a million counter-answers. Even when not playing FW, playing against a super-champ deck totally changes how you need to think about the game.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

FF Themes. All of them. Even if they are over the top, the defeat tastes flavourfull.

Unless IS because fack IS.

TheBulwark likes this.
  8. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Any shitty old forgotten theme that has no synergy.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I like playing against any rune my BG can counter.

10. lcbfoxx

lcbfoxx New Member

Full themed decks. I like to see people folowing the flavour of the runes. (example: dwarves are steady and defensive. Its cool to see people playing that way).
    Exactly this (except the IS part...)

11. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Ditto