A Guide to Spiders

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

What do you think about helltick and nnightfall?
    if the champion your putting spinning greavers on already has weave web it should gain web font, spaces withing 2-3 of champ are web at end of turn...like rock font from rockforger

2. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I don't remember where I read it but one of the devs said that they wanted to add Web Front to Spinner's Greaves once they had the ability coded.

Gnomes likes this.
  3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

What ive found extremely useful with spiders is to always have a weaver with one of your heavy hitters, aka Broodmother or K'lzik. They have pull arthropod so you keep the weaver in the back and have your heavy hitter run forward and do its damage, then pull it back with weaver. it for whatever reason pulls more than only 3 squares so you can pull them very far back to safety. Also Bane shift is worth a mention in my opinion, for 25 nora you can win a game completely. just rush in k'lzick at start of game when they cant one round her yet, and when they have either a blind or stun with hammerstrike(for example) and think she will be dead next turn the stun is transferred to a opposing unit and you heal everything back up.

Also you should update your spider deck because beastcaller does not work as well anymore.

also buff soul crawler she sux.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  4. Authyrtyr

I'll admit it's been a while since I played but why isn't beastcaller good in spiders anymore? She still has Foment albeit under a different name.

Fentum likes this.
  5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Oh sorry, i thought it did not work anymore because its said "friendly Champions" and not summons, but it does work :D my bad.

6. Authyrtyr

Summons are pretty much the whole point of foment. The only strategy I know of that can take advantage of it that isn't using summons is fairies (and technically most of beasts is spawns but same diff).

7. lewis king

lewis king The King of Potatoes

8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Hello, your bg looks solid. i personally dislike both soul crawlers as well as nightfall spiders, they are expensive for spider standards and have very low health. i would add another weaver instead of one of them, the weavers provide insane amounts of utility with both pull spider and spider frenzy. hell tick again is personal preference, but you could consider flame spider, he has 3 def and flameshield for 65 nora, he also has a fire attack instead of physical as well as pounce which to me is a better form of leap. ever since the leap nerfs i swayed away from hell tick.

you can try between masochism and bane shift, but ive tested around found that baneshift usually does a bit better if you can time it correctly. again, personal preference.

you can also choose between mindslicer obelisk, breath of ashe, and demon shields, i personally like mindslicer the most because it effectively makes them not able to ever double tap your champs and is only 30 nora, on the down side it does effect entangle.

9. lewis king

lewis king The King of Potatoes

thanks i will try adding another weaver and flameweb , when i get the chance i will also add mindslicer. thanks for the feedback man i appreciate it

Gnomes likes this.
  10. Authyrtyr

I've updated the guide with the new spiders from Path of D'elim. Check out the Scorpion you guys, he hits like a truck and can get up to 10-12 SPD no problem.

Gnomes likes this.
  11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

still need to edit brood mother n k'zick though

also with the heavy price tag on demonbarb, would your keep running em? @Authyrtyr

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  12. Authyrtyr

I do need to edit them although functionally nothing really changed. They just lost a rank of Surge. I would still run Demonbarb I think. The Reflexes/Damage Shield + Demon Shield kit is really good.

13. Authyrtyr

Although with the loss of a rank of surge I could see possibly preferring to run Broodmother as a tank and running Death Spawn in place of Surge.

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

demon barb with demon shield and all else is 108 nora a bit to hefty a price-tag for me. i like the more cheap meat spam myself.

Broodmother still gets around 20 dmg easy with 9 base dmg, + 5 from banner and bonus, , + 6 spiders out wich is not too uncommen. still the nerf does hurt, but rightly so in my eyes, she was a bit much for 75 nora... now i just wish they made the spiders a bit more flavorful and changed into the webbing theme we thought of

@Senshu any hint as to somthing like that happening? a kinda lockdown and swarm type of thing with domain web, ect and some new ability that reduces the comebackturn of cocconed champs by 1 so that they come back on your turn? or the other things that we talked about in the webbing thread

15. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This would be more of a @Sokolov question.

Gnomes likes this.
  16. Authyrtyr

It is 108 nora but you only really deploy the Demon Shield if you need it and if you have it it's a very hard champ to dispose of.

17. Authyrtyr

Don't keep us hanging @Sokolov. We want to know.

...hanging...

18. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

how is it going for you @Authyrtyr after a few games with the changes?

for me its not going to well... spiders were a swarm type play style where you had to have your grunts hold the line while you can get your spiderling army and broodmothers/klzick amped up with dmg. but with the new changes, its actually quite visible how you can a few times only get one less champ out with the 2 nora increase... the 2 nora increase on champs really hurts the champ spam play style... which is the crux of spiders... secondly the much less dmg from broodqueen and kzick makes it so they only kill in 4 hits and not 2 for example which is quite big. maybe ive just been spoiled with how good spiders were, but im having a harder time.

also the nerf to the new spell hit the spiders too

also give the new ruby spider extra 5 hp would make him more playable in a bg other then fire

19. Authyrtyr

I think that the BG plays fine. I kind of wish that spiderlings had more than 10HP. That nerf probably hurts more than the lowered ranks of Surge. I haven't had the opportunity to play Ruby Crawler in an actual game yet but I found the Scorpion to be an MVP although you have to play carefully around your opponent's ability to damage it. If you can I managed to get one to 22 damage and 11 speed. It only lasted for 2 turns but it was pretty sweet.

20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

when do you play? and whats your ingame name, i would love to see a pro at work

https://poxbase.com/deck/C5MCw=cuXcl_c3VCuTc5ycgyCqys3Vs7as8fs4ks3oS1FsAs8@s1lrArFe1Ue2A

thats my bg. may i ask how yours looks and why you might have chose some of your runes?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015