My computer

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by OriginalG1, Jul 22, 2015.

?

After reading the below state have you been experiencing similar circumstances?

Poll closed May 18, 2017.
  1. yes

58.3%
  2. no

16.7%
  3. I am a dev so no

8.3%
  4. get good nub.

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

My computer recently could not start as it normally dose. The Microsoft wizard indicated that there was a program slowing down/ not letting my computer to work correctly. I use large architecture programs such as arichiCAD on my computer just fine, even do detail renderings. I wonder what this could be? The content was found and removed and my computer has been working great! Previously it was acting slow (not displaying videos quickly and such, even after buffering) and whenever I would shut down my computer there was always a force shut prompt for a seeming invisible program that was working in the background. Even the fan worked noticeably harder (fan got louder).

Needless to say the program that was removed from my computer was the poxnora client. I have noticed whenever I open the client my whole computer slows down noticeably. I also have been experiencing 10-20 second lags in-game. Especially when I want to move a champion just one space and not 7. Even after I closed the poxnora client My computer is still running noticeably slower then if i never opened the client when using my computer.

I have lost faith in the poxnora downloadable client and I am interested trying the web browser option again if the devs ever decide to provide it.

poinl likes this.
  2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Happened to me when i downloaded something , i just opened my computer in safe mode ( incase it was some sort of virus ) and uninstalled it

I'd run Disk clean up followed by Disk fragmenter ( If you've never Defragmented this is probably the cause)

When u delete something it leaves a open space in your disk ,so future content basicly just skips the open space that it used to be in , defragementing gets rid of the open spaces slowing you down for no reason.

Hope this helped

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah, Pox client is incredibly obnoxious towards my laptop.

4. OriginalG1

won't disk fragmenter delete all pictures and text documents plus other files that are not a program from my computer though?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Nah. It just takes all the data and goes all Tetris master on your stuff. Orders it so that it all fits together nicely on the available space.
    [​IMG]

OriginalG1 and Goyo like this.
  6. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

It sounds to me like you have an instance of pox nora that was closed (and for whatever reason) did not terminate. Obviously this should not happen, and it may be related to the other thing your talking about, which is in-game latency.

Mind you, a 10 second client side lag would be extremely upsetting! Let me tackle this one step at a time.

1. Pox Nora Client not terminating
    This should not really ever happen, but I noticed when some computers have custom permissions windows can, on occasion, do funny things with the auto-updating installer. Does this "after you finish playing pox" slow down occur if you launch and play from steam? If not, then this would indicate a bug with the auto-updating installer, and I would love to get some system information from you to track this down.

2. 10 Second delays in game
    Obviously, a 10 second delay is untenable. When you get this delay, does your system appear to lock, as in animations stop playing (client side lag), or do your requests for attacks and movement just respond slowly (server side lag)? Im guessing the former, and if so, chances are its the same problem ( multi-instances of Pox Nora running at the same time~ )

Do a clean reboot, and try running the game from steam. if that workaround solves your problem, please let me know, because it means we have a bug to fix!

7. OriginalG1

Addressing 1:
    I have never launched pox from steam or downloaded steam on my computer. Is it free? I will try to launch pox from steam if it is free.

Addressing 2:
    When you get this delay, does your system appear to lock, as in animations stop playing (client side lag)
    This statement describes what is going on. Some times while the animations appear locked I can preform actions like moving multiple champs while locked and the game with catch up by moving everything, seeming at once, or nothing will register but the 1st command.

By doing a clean/reboot do you mean launching disk clean up or disk defragmenter? If I perform a disk defragmenter or clean up, do I have to worry about the process deleting any pictures or files from my school folders/ portfolio folder?

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It is free on Steam.

9. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

> By doing a clean/reboot do you mean launching disk clean up or disk defragmenter?
    I just mean reboot your computer to make sure there are no 'dead' versions of pox running (which is what we suspect is happening!)

As darklord48 pointed out, pox is free on steam.

10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Steam is also free.

11. OriginalG1

I really do not want to down steam. I struggle with time management already. I download steam I know I will be temped to get counter strike.

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Steam is a pretty good platform for managing your games. Now that you have downloaded Steam have you installed Pox Nora and do you have the same problem?

13. OriginalG1

There was a few typo's in my last message. I do not want to download steam. Sorry I can not assist the team in finding out more about the client bug.

14. Senshu

Thank you for the clarification. It is encouraged that you give the Steam version a try. Also, what are your computer's specs Processor, RAM, and Video Card? Also, do you have other programs running like web browsers, etc.?

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You can do either one with no risk of deleting your pictures or school files. If you want an in depth technical explaination, I can provide that as well.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  16. OriginalG1

upload_2015-7-23_18-32-15.png
    upload_2015-7-23_18-34-0.png I usually have Mozilla FireFox open to rune mangier/pox forums while I have the pox client open.

Thank you for adressing the issue Gedden & Senshu (& pox team). Let me know if the information I listed is what you need!

17. Senshu

Hmm, your system specs look look fully capable of handling the game. When did you first notice this happening?

18. OriginalG1

Honestly when DOG took over poxnora from Sony. The client has been lagging more frequently though.

19. Senshu

And when you say it is lagging more frequently do you mean it starts happening within a shorter time span of being online. Or you notice it almost immediately after launching into your first match?

20. OriginalG1

When you get this delay, does your system appear to lock, as in animations stop playing (client side lag)
    ^the lag I am talking about.

If I play poxnora for more then an hour the lag will kick in almost every game, whether I am playing a game or watching one. On occasion (and more frequently [Since about April I would guess]) the lag can show up after playing one of two games (about 30-45 minutes of game play).