Video Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, I'll wait for a sale.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Super hyped for Galak-Z

Can't beleive they managed to keep the mech stuff under wraps for what... the 3 years they showed off this game?

It was a sure buy before, now it's preorder status (20% off helps too)

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Endless Space (Space version)
    4X, Strategy, Space, Sci-fi, Fantasy

Endless Legends (Ground Version)
    4X, Strategy, Space, Fantasy

Dungeon of the Endless
    Rogue-like Strategy, Tower Defense (Far better than it sounds. Greatly addicting.)

Amplitude Endless Pack (All 3 with upgrades, and DLC)
    NOTE: Each game has bonuses that affect the other games if you upgrade.

Homeworld Remastered Collection
    Does this really need an introduction? ;)

A few games you might like.

Project Nimbus
    Strike Suit Director's Cut, Strike Suit Infinity
    Xenoraptor

Leadrz likes this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Summer Games Done Quick is doing their annual charity speed-running event thingy, which is almost always a good time:

https://gamesdonequick.com/

Consider the recent posts, I thought I'd also mention Humble Bundle is doing their Humble Jumbo Bundle 4, which, topically enough, includes at least Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and Endless Space: Emperor Edition. I've not played any of those games, but I suppose if you were looking for a "sale" to consider either this is a good way to go about it (and possibly help out some charities if you're into that sort of thing).

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Ragic likes this.
  5. Sokolov

These are all very good. Tho EL has limited replayability IMO relative to Age of Wonders and Civ. It's closer to Warlock on that spectrum.

ES is weird, but it's one of those games that makes you extremely excited in the initial plays. It has a lot of "coolness" to it and is one of the few 4X I actually playing Single Player in.

There's also the Faerun Mod for Civ V, which turns it into a completely different game (much more like Heroes of Might and Magic).

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sale on Steam $4.99 USD

Leadrz likes this.
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It goes 80% off during steam sales.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Went ahead with warlock 2 (no dlc). Probably not the best choice of those mentioned and probably not the best deal ( humble bundles and what not). But the price point won the day.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Have any of you had luck playing games on Steam and getting items worth a buck or two? If you have, how often do you get items like that, and what games are you playing?

10. Sokolov

Faerun Civ V mod is FREE :D

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I think he's covered on games for now. ;)

Leadrz and Ragic like this.
  12. Ragic

Actually warlock 2 is turning out to be more fun than I thought. I wish fallen enchantress used the 1 unit per hex instead of stacks. The tactical maps don't offer any more combat options than just moving and attacking on the strategic map anyway. Hero buffs that affect the stack could just be an aoe effect on the strategic map. Also hex > square.
    I do prefer the city management and tech tree of FE though.

13. Sokolov

I enjoyed Warlock, but haven't tried Warlock 2 mostly because it seems exactly the same.

14. Ragic

they added 2 new races, a new game mode, reorganized the spells into a research tree, added the ability to 'socket' spells with glyphs, and introduced new town types and the concept of unrest. overall though I think this should have been warlock 1 DLC at 10 bucks rather than 'warlock 2' at a higher price. but it was 20 bucks so I didn't quibble. I think they need to do more work on their AI though as it seems to have gotten dumber. but at least the game can be modded.

i like warlock over the other 4x's ive played because it doesn't have a tactical layer, or rather its tactical and strategic layers are merged. in a lot of ways warlock feels like an RTS to me. the other 4x's seem to all play the same way with varying emphasis on the diplomacy, empire management, and tactical combat. my feeling now is that there is a 'complexity line' when it comes to the tactical combat. meaning it has to offer enough complexity to be engaging and give players meaningful choices, otherwise its effectively just a combat display. i think aow satisfies that condition but im not so sure about endless legend. the tactical aspect of warlock isn't complex but it also isn't a sub game within the strategic layer, so it doesnt feel like a tedious side task.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    IMAGIRL likes this.
  15. Ragic

Take a look at the hype around endless space 2. I like how they are mobilizing the playerbase.

16. Sokolov

That studio has been very good at involving the community in everything. They actually do a ton of "design by playerbase vote" type of stuff, which is cool, but has also led to some awkward mechanics and gameplay.

17. Zone1010

Zone1010 Member

Has anyone played Bladestorm Nightmare for pc?

18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

FF7 Remake HYPE. I hope that they somehow manage to "get it right". I know ill personally enjoy it no matter what, unless they destroy on some incredible scale. Ill just enjoy the new story line within the FF7 universe. Love the characters, loved the game, loved Advent Children (Even though Bahamut is clearly the FFx Bahamut for some reason) and i loved Dirge of Cerberus. I also really like all the Crisis Core stuff too, canon or not, its really cool to see more of Zack, Sephiroth and even the introduction of Angeal and Genesis. Id like to see maybe more of Genesis, hes an interesting alternative to Sephiroth. I really enjoyed the secret ending from Dirge of Cerberus. Omega is bad ass. FF7 is awesome.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Left for Dead 2 is on sale on Steam for $4.99 USD until August 14. Head on over to buy it now if you don't have it.

Left for Dead Bundle (1 & 2) is on sale for $7.49 USD until August 14 as well. Keep in mind, modders have remade L4D1 maps on L4D2 for free. L4D2 features 2 more Special Infected and extra Weapons than the first game. So it's ill advised to buy this unless you have a completion thing like I do.

Leadrz likes this.
  20. Ragic

Is it just me or is there a lot of similarity between endless space 2 vs gal civ 3? Don't me wrong I think a mash up between those games sounds awesome but, can you really just rip off another game that hard?