Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Aug 29, 2014.

1. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

Wait... Is Alchemy actually a thing in the game?
    I've played like a bajillion hours and never once messed with the herbs or anything.
    I've only used the potions I've found or stolen.

The game that keeps on giving. (So excited for the new Fallout)

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It's actually broken as hell. If you want to be a god in this game, Alchemy is all you need. Why take Smithing when you can take 4 different enchanting potions giving you +300% Enchanting, which you then use to enchant a set with +32% Smithing each, which you then take enough potions to give you +300% Smithing, wear your new enchanted Smithing bonus suit, and craft the Firk out of something. (Technically there's no limit to potion stacking so long as the potions differ in the % bonus's they provide, while if you take the exact same potion twice, it just extends the duration, not giving you the additive effect.

It's basically that for everything.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't really give a Firk about alchemy cause it seems unnecessarily complex. And I have no intention of figuring it out. I'm not playing to become to strongest or whatever anyway. I just Firk about.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I mean i don't do it because it's strong... I find it fun to experiment and stuff and test it on local people by placing poisons in their pockets. And it really isn't too complex

IMAGIRL likes this.
  5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I just don't do it at all. It's broken an as such I Ignore it.

6. PurpleTop

I mean depending on what you do with it you can still focus on alchemy but just not the broken poisons and potions, and just make the ones that fit your build / playstyle

7. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

Would be kinda cool if someone implemented an Alchemists guild in the game.

8. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

in one or another world-mod they had alchemist guilds. Surprisingly they were on top of the foodchain.

9. PurpleTop

That moment when you're sneaking and think that you're alone__.jpg
    That moment when you were sneaking and thought you were alone....

TeaNinja, BurnPyro and IMAGIRL like this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

That cloak mod is the best thing I've ever seen. I was missing it so much in my outfit. My thief looks 200% more badass with a black cloak wavering behind him as he runs away from the guards.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Why do you spell it like that?

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You beat me to it. :(

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Don't confuse the cloack mod with the cloaca mod.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dunno whatchall talking bout.

*I have this thing where if I don't pay attention, I mess up easy words. Especially in english I'll get confused over double ss or stuff like that. CK vs K in this case. Minor case of dyslexia, sorries.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I've got the same issues verbally. I've been caught saying "Ftights of Slairs" and "Hegs are Larry". I could swear I have a verbal dyslexic thing going on...

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I often struggle with words where I mix up the order or am already thinking ahead and blurt out words that should come in the next sentence or whatnot. It's manageable, but if I don't pay attention stuff goes freaky.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Indeed. I feel your pain.

18. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

I get that when writing. Luckily not when speaking. That would be weird. o_O
    Like I write asentence then think of a different thing to say nd it turns words into fabrications of the word I wanted to write and the next. Same with the sentence itself which may make a complete turn in its meaning or sense.
    But then if you are vigilant like Stendarr no Deadra tongue or fringertwisting gets between you and your words of power.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Alright someone help me with alchemy.

Should I just mix a shitton of random stuff together and hope something sticks? Should I look for receipes? Do I pray to the full moon while dancing naked?
    How do I not suck a making potions?

20. PurpleTop

Well really, you can find potions on the uesp website, and they night even list the best ones. But just experiment with anything you find at first just to get your level up. Doing this will also start revealing the effects of ingredients, which you can then use. Once you have some perks start saving the key ingredients to whatever effect you want to use the most and making tons of them at a time. The best poisons and potions have multiple effects

You can always use console commands to give yourself ingredients too