UD/FW Soulphase Idea

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by PoxIt, Aug 5, 2015.

1. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

2. futant

futant Well-Known Member

I'm looking at it and seeing no UD. Other than that, I've given some thought to a pure UD soul tap bg in the past and it isn't doable with them alone. One thing they do offer is schemer who is pretty decent in turning any bg into a soul tap module; however, this doesn't work so well with out superiority. The other thing they can bring is some cheap backlash champs, via lower beast. Backlash and soul tap work great together in that it will double the damage taken from a soul tapped champ. There's also plenty in fw, and I'd consider adding backlash to your bg.

PoxIt likes this.
  3. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Interesting, I didn't know backlash and soultapped actually synced, I just assumed it wouldn't work because soultapped is a status and such combo would be a little too OP to be left unfixed.

As for what you said about UD soultap theme, you're right, UD deserves to have a FF soultap theme with FW and FS split options (it all started there, right?), but for now, half their soultap champs are 2x2 and the other half has FS clones (schemer vs mindcaller; disciple vs soulthief -kinda-) not to speak about FW. I tried UD/FW before FW/FS but in the end, it seemed UD got beaten in what was supposed to be their own game. I really hope they can come back from this in future expansions...

4. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

UD/FS is the best for this Soultap module. Firks are all about psych AND soultap (with mindcaller). Try it out, I run one, when I get home I post it to you ;)

PoxIt likes this.
  5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

The second one on that screen is actual UD/FW soultap/spirit bg,
    if you want FS/FW — soultap/psychic would be better than soultap/spirit

PoxIt likes this.
  6. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Hey, thanks! I'm actually curious to know how you mangaged to compensate for UD's lack of champs that cover both soultap and psychic.. :eek:

Ifem21 likes this.
  7. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Tinderbox and orb of protection? Weird, are these really worth running in soultap/spirit or are they just part of your own playstyle?

I'm embarrassed to say, but I don't recognise the 2 DE's between Lich magistrate and Sheoul Disciple... are they new? I haven't played Pox in awhile, so haven't caught on on everything yet...

8. futant

futant Well-Known Member

That's a nefari beastcaller. He's probably running the beastcallers for boost weak for his summon ghosts or shades.

PoxIt likes this.
  9. futant

futant Well-Known Member

He probably runs mostly firk. Superiority is a big ranged psychic spell that is really boosted with backlash and psychic anguish. 17 damage and a nora gain is going to be efficient as firk. Not to mention you could run firk mask to grant immunity to something that would be hit by superiority, all the while boosting it 20% more.

Also mindstorm is pretty good for psychic damage. It'll easily do more damage then psychic blast with the dot until you start getting 5+ champs out.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    PoxIt likes this.
  10. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Yeah, you're right. Seems Logan's BG is heavily personalised, I don't think I could make it work.

11. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Orb is just a contesting relic. Box is worth running in everything, and here it even has additional synergy with incorporeal stuff.

Beastchick is indeed to boost stuff, do suicidal contests and maso, and additional 1 ap for eyes/spiders when her pup dies.

PoxIt likes this.
  12. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Whoa sounds like high quality stuff, now there's something i'd like to see :D

Ifem21 likes this.
  13. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Sounds like you already have your strategies figured out :p Since I'm a returnee I need to start as a noob again, so advanced strategies that require you to know exactly how and when to deploy and use the right champ, ability, equip,.. go way over my head right now hehe, I think I should stick with linear strategy BG's...for now. But thanks! Now I know what to expect in future BG's :D

14. Ifem21

This is my Psych/Soultap bg:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/c80Cq-ClLClic6ZcVclOcx6caACuIClTch@s4@Sbs34sOsAsDS1lr2He2zEZ
    Can make some changes (like switching Jynx for Argool).
    -This bg only have 4 (5 if count Soulwrack on Firk Soulthief) non psych champs, so, be carefull when using it.
    -Mindcaller and Schemer is x2 of each for guarantee that Psych Anguish is out.
    -Paraforms is my favorite Firk, he tanks like god, and deals great amount of dmg as well.
    -Mindshreeders in backline can do a mess in your opponents with dual ping when both are out.
    -Use Firk Masks to null some dmg your non-firk will end up taking with Superioty (try to use more in your firks, with exceptions, ofc).
    -Chillshard for an + in DoT. Soultap + Chilled 3 is really amazing.
    -Jynx can be a really trouble for your enemy, he is a little expensive, but worth the cost.
    -Soultap Garnet do Permasoultap on enemies, and is great when none of your Psych Anguish champ is out and you need the Soultap DMG/Heal/Nora.
    -Cleanse is your worst enemy, deal with enemies that can do it first.

The rest is pretty much auto-explain. If have any question or suggestion, fell free to ask/say :D

Fentum and PoxIt like this.
  15. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Love it!!! If you don't mind, I'd like make a BG like this and maybe try to add some alt damage if possible (but i'm guessing you've thought of that already). :D

QQ, is it hard to deal with champs with immmunity:psychic/ psy eater? Especially mucker looks pretty vicious, should he come with immune:psychic...

Ifem21 likes this.
  16. futant

futant Well-Known Member

Instead of alt damage just rely on fading recollection.

PoxIt likes this.
  17. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Also the number of runnable psychic immunity / eater champs is close to zero. You will face them mostly in a mirror match due to Firk Mask (just use Shatter) or vs KF Protection spell (as pointed out by futant, just use Fading recollection, which is alsouseful vs void shield).

PoxIt likes this.
  18. Ifem21

Ofc, make your own and show me, I want to ser it ;))
    If they use Firk Mask, use shatter. If he have Immunity from base, fade recolection will do the job ;) I never had a tough time due to Imu/eater when using this BG, but can happen when facing Full Firk BG with Backfire for prevent your shatter.

PoxIt likes this.
  19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

just because it hasnt been said in this thread yet. soultap and backlash no longer interact

Lupefi2 and PoxIt like this.
  20. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

I noticed this a while back, it is supposed to be like that or it's a bug?