Is the Stitched theme fun to play against?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woffleet, Aug 3, 2015.

?

Is the Stitched theme fun to play against?

1. Yes

37.8%
  2. No

53.3%
  3. undecided (please give a responce)

8.9%
  1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i vsed smOoOoOoth once. stitched V stitched. He was limited, i killed 3 his units in one. (we were 4 mins in or so only had 3-4 champs out) and 'arose' them.

SireofSuns likes this.
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think they are the most unique theme in poxnora that has been created, i don't know if they are real champs or not still cause i haven't played a lot lately. If they are real champs still that's pretty crazy if they aren't stitched can still be very competitive in the right hands. Seen a lot of people run them and 9 times outta 10 they are easily beaten until you get that guy that knows what he's doing, then your ****ed.

I always look at arise and go "didn't we nerf all the spells that summoned too much free meat" then realize it's pox their is no logic.

3. Leadrz

i look at arise and think
    i dont always have piles of 10hp relics around, but when i do, arise IS STILL GODDAM CONCEALED.

;D

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Well, general free meat is pretty different than the function of an entire theme and the considerations for making the latter summoned is a lot more complex than making other one-off things summoned.

SireofSuns likes this.
  5. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I'm curious Sok, are the nora costs for the Stitched adjusted in regards to the fact that they can be brought back as real champs?

I've always assumed that it was at least a little bit, but I also believe that it can easily be felt in the stats of the Stitched (generally slightly weaker for what you pay in nora).

6. SireofSuns

See, this makes sense to me in terms of why it would be frustrating for people to play against.

But...

I've seen very few ideas for ways to compensate that wouldn't kill the theme outright. The idea of making them summons is a definite no, sense many other themes with summons would be obviously better. The Stitched need to strike a balance between having high-cost summons and low-cost "free" meat (remind me why it's "free"? It never feels free to me...), sadly, that balance is incredibly hard to strike. I would rather it bend towards over-powered than under-powered. Simply because under-powered stuff doesn't get played. So... Maybe the answer is to buff everything else a little? Then again, as always, I could be totally nuts. ;)

7. Sokolov

They actually aren't. You could argue they should be, but they currently actually don't pay very much in the formula sense for their ability to be revived (1 nora for Stitched and 12 nora for the Reconstruct abilities - which puts all the cost onto champions who HAVE the Reconstruct abilities). They USED to be that way, before the revamp and the Reconstructed were probably weaker than normal, and then the Reconstructors were probably not paying much for their Reconstruct abilities. This is what I believe @LoganMkv is basically talking about when he discusses the shift in the way Stitched plays.

The revamp also buffed the Reconstructed units so they have upgrades now instead of not (since Level 1 doesn't mean "no upgrades anymore", which has been a general issue across the board).

That said, you COULD argue some of them have bad kits or not-streamlined roles, etc. but that's the case with a lot of themes/runes and is also somewhat relative to other things in the meta as well.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  8. Leadrz

Instead of summons, could the re-stitching reconstruct them with less hp?

(If they have to be nerfed, and the idea is accepted)

Pattn199 and SireofSuns like this.
  9. SireofSuns

Huh, that is an interesting way to cost it. I never would have thought to do it that way {when I calculate it, I split the cost between Stitched and Reconstruct, to about 7 on each, I do this on the... numerous runes ideas I keep to myself :) ].

So, I guess my next question is: Out of the ideas that you've seen brought up about the Stitched, do any of them seem viable to you? (you don't need to say which ones if you'd prefer not to).

10. SireofSuns

Do you feel that 75% HP would be fair? I kinda feel like 50% or less would be too little (since they're already kinda squishy). That or possibly re-stitched coming in with Defenseless and/or Easy Target? Or maybe even a negative defense (of like, -2)?

The point being that I like that idea the most out of the ones I've seen/heard. :)

11. Sokolov

Yea, I think the 6/6 split for example is one way to pull it off. We could also, at the same time or instead, remove the upgrades pull down the overall cost down. But either way the idea would be to shift the burden of cost away from the Reconstructors so it's less about Reconstructing endlessly but choosing the right Reconstructed at the right time.

12. SireofSuns

I imagine that abilities would be moved around so that the reconstructs would still work (like Dreameater having a stealthing ability on base?)?

I would urge strongly against changing the Stitched overall's playstyle right away, although you were probably already planning on waiting for a while to see how things go, weren't you?

Personally I rather like the unending hordes (which is why I often feel more necromantic and horde-like with Stitched over Zombies), but I know that many people either dislike the attrition style or think it's not even a legitimate strategy (I like it a lot, it's my go-to style).

(let me know if I'm getting to pretentious here!)

13. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

If stitched was changed to die with 25% HP and have reconstruction be replaced to have this trigger again,while giving stitched some stats and abilities that can put in work. This is how I seen the remains can become "set Nora globes" and can contest.

I say this because often dropping the remains from range and then having to spell or something to mass kill relics.

Also stitched first is pretty sad right now.

14. SireofSuns

I think I almost understood... But then... I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Do you mean to have the "Stitched" ability (after being reconstructed) cause them to die at 25% HP? If so, then wouldn't it be easier to have Reconstruct say that they come back with only 75% HP?
    Also, this is where I get really lost, do you mean for the Remains to have the 25% HP so that they can last longer?

15. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

i dont understand any of the Bane Shift all of you are saying
    why do you have to make it so complicated,just get out

16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

What if stitched remains simply re-configured back into the original unit ala heart of fire from firemaw (sans fiery explosion of corse).

or just reconfigured into a specific stitched type unit?

Champs with reconfigure would instead get a relic hp boosting ability or something.

mortal ix and Woffleet like this.
  17. SireofSuns

That occurred to me, and that would make it really easy to make use of all the Stitched champs (so as long as it doesn't suck, it gets used).
    I prefer the first version (recons into what it originally was).

That would certainly help the theme, i think.

As to the relic-hp-boost... Would you make it like a weaker version of the Mason's Tower? Would it have ranks, would it stack?

18. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I wonder if there's no way around changing their main abilities. Like someone said, wouldn't it be a mater of dealing with tyrant? If we want to talk efficiency I feel that not talking about it is... wrong.

The problem with stitched is the same as with undead in general: unless the champion is ridiculously efficient like tyrant, it's not worth it investing on expensive champions since you can safely make more for free. All you need is cheap and quickly deployable sources of remains.

My point is, without a powerhouse to hold their early game, would Stitched still be a threat?

19. SireofSuns

@Sokolov This guy ^ knows his stuff. Pls read and take into account (rework first, then nerf, maybe). Pls.