UD/FW Soulphase Idea

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by PoxIt, Aug 5, 2015.

1. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

So far I've switched out Lower Beast for Nefari Griefbearer (Since Backlash doesn't work anymore, Psychic eater+ Conduit seemed like a good replacement, superiority now actually heals him :D ) and dropped a firk mask for Psionic impact, though it's just a tryout.
    Also, since Voidmage is still hard to come by, I'm having Firk Behemoth to keep the spot filled for now.
    I'm also considering to run Shardseer Argol and Firk Executor, but I think I try this current setup first..

https://poxbase.com/deck/clpc80Cq-ClLClic6ZcVclOcaACa9ClTch@s4@Sbs45s34sOsAsDS1lr2He2zeZ

2. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

If you nitpick really hard, you'll notice it says "Whenever a unit generates nora through an ABILITY it takes Magical damage equal to half the amount gained. If the nora was generated via a spell, the owner's shrine takes the damage instead. This damage cannot be prevented" Soultapped is a status, not an ability, but it's kinda silly to change it just for that.

Ifem21 likes this.
  3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

It's interaction was odd, and now its fixed and WAI. I'm trying others runes for switch Lower Beast too. Griefbearer is good, but he is expensive, and this bg is not so nora friendly, I'm trying some cheap stuff that can be in front line too. Behemot is a great tank, I don't run him cause I can't find room, and since the Lower Beasts are UD, need to find something from it to put in place, having great time with Void Spider and Imp Vixen (x1 of each). But Vixen is really expensive, and can be one rounded easily if not take care.
    Argol is great, when equiped with chillshard he have Catlyst, wich help dmg group of enemies. I used him before, but Jyx fits better my playstyle, so I switched out.
    I personally don't like Psionic Impact, but it has it uses, and can be really good in some maps, or when you need to keep your ranged ones safe.

PoxIt likes this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

thats the exact reason it was changed. so backlash no longer interacts with soultap

5. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

BTW why you don't like Lower beast? After a few spells he can get really tough 17+ dmg, 5 Def and psychic aura 3, which makes him a great counter to spell intensive matches, and also has backlash, which doesn't interact with soultap but it's also a great counter to several factions like FS, UD, IS, FW... And he's pretty cheap also.

If you really don't want him in, I think Deep Elf Summoner is also a great option. It has an amazing synergy with bubble of protection when it has mid to low hp due to tormented + pawn. And it has invigorate 2.

PoxIt likes this.
  6. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

I don't really think Lower Beast could be bad, but it looks like he did dropped from 2x autoinclude to more of a 1x amazing champ, I think I might include him 1x again after all, but first there are a few champs I'd like to try out (DE Summoner, as you suggested; maybe soulcrawler, though I doubt it; and switch a few FS champs in the current Psionic Impact slot to balance out an extra UD spell/equip in the slot of 1x griefbearer)

Ifem21 likes this.
  7. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Yes, exactly. He is no longer an auto x2 in this kind of bg. I keeped x1 of him, and the other I use Void Spider, wich I liked very much.

PoxIt likes this.
  8. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ifem21 likes this.
  9. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

De summoner is great in these bg's , but only if you plan on amping psy. I've been running psy bg's since it became a thing and the psy soul tap is really strong if you go with UD . Pretty much no matter what you draw the UD version is great and wrecks face. The FW version can be just as strong but its harder to play as some draws you get suck. But both versions are great, run lamia's with sentinel and preparation then never attack with them. They will be OP. Also if your running these types of bg's and not running sheoul disciple*2, your not doing it right. With jyx, nefari schemer and a sheoul disciple you can kill any and everything. Also people, cortices is OP!! fascinate from schemer and cortices unprouncable ability work really really well sometimes. Also from playtesting i've found mindcaller is really not worth a 2* auto include. His damage is bad and theres so much space you need in splits. I find firk behemoth is your not running it is better than paraform in this bg cause of healing from soultap and the vigor psychic.

I've tested these allot, and i gave it out to someone about two months ago who said they loved the bg.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    PoxIt likes this.