IS Meta Deck

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

80 nora supports just really don't see play. The heals are best served by POV. She could go away from the heal route and towards control with stuff like stall, pacify etc and have a spot. But as long as she's a more expensive PoV, no dice.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So, nerf POV? :D

But yea, I will take a look at the Priestess there, she has like 30+ nora in abilities ><

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Yes please

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thought that was done last patch. Think what Bacassy is sayin is that she wont be able to fill the healer role because there is so much stuff tacked on, likewise she cant fill the support role because of all the healing tacked on. In order for a hybrid to succeed they have to be efficient enough that the player wants to take it over either of the options that fill their respective role better.

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Still playing that Mark ? I see your top 5 atm

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I do run a PoV. Its not as mindless of a deploy as it used to be but its getting harder to justify running him over Desperate Heal.

Pattn199 likes this.
  7. Goldleaf

Goldleaf The King of Potatoes

Whats the current meta just now, anyone have a good example?

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]

9. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Markoth, why and how do you use Magnus?

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

He is a solid early drop and excels in 1v1 side font fights. I am trying to decide whether I should swap him for Doombringer though.
    Both cost 77
    Both have 10 starting damage.
    Magnus has +1 speed.
    Doom has better range.
    Magnus has +1 defense.
    Doom has +4 HP.

Dooms abilities synergize with the deck more but Magnus is a barb and can get Stone clan from Zedin or Bastion.

11. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

If you don't have a harbinger, do you think dropping in the doom instead of the harb is a reasonable choice? Or do you still support a ranged unit in that slot?

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Any sort of range works. Another Priestess would be my suggestion but above that I would recommend playing whatever fits your playstyle.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Don't forget Magnus' CtE. It benefits half of your champs.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Its also good for getting rid of lava if you have to. Hmmm Its a toss up really :shrug:

15. Axeraiser

I think Doom is too strong to not use tbh.

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

After playing a few games with Doom included I have come to a similar conclusion. I am deploying him in situations where I wouldnt consider Magnus and deafening Aura with Bounce is pretty amazing.

17. Axeraiser

Yeah, but I was referring more to the ability Doom, you can combo Bouncers with Dooms to get that effect and still keep the Doom ability which can pretty much win games.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I suppose it depends on preference and deck. Doom is amazingly good but the meta tends to favor cheap efficient units which reduces how often Doom is a necessary counter.

Baskitkase likes this.
  19. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Something seems off. Any suggestions to sharpen it up?

20. Axeraiser

Pretty much identical to mine currently. No reason not to be running 2 Terraformers id drop 1 NCP and probably Zedin unless you really like him for them. Spellsets pretty similar to mine though I do run a Nora mine instead of earthshaker.