Is Spirit/Angel Singer broken?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaintKiwi, Aug 12, 2015.

1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

How does everyone feel about this champ? It has been like this for as long I can remember. Nora shield and Resurrect in the same champ is problematic in my opinion. It allows the player to be reckless. Killing anything on the map seems pointless because they can just deploy it again because the cool down is set to zero and the Nora used for the champ is basically gained again. I personally don't like Nora shield. HP is the most abundant and cheapest stat. I don't understand why it is still around in its current form because all other forms of Nora gen have been nerfed. Discuss.

2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

It's 79m for a tempo hit that's insanely squishy.

BurnPyro, JellyBerry, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  3. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

With heal 3 and cleansing aura. It's an amazing support rune. But yeah sure if you're just looking at stats.

Leadrz likes this.
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Dear god, truly all is lost in pox if you wanna nerf this rune. I haven't seen spirit singer played in a long while, the only way i would think about running her is with heal 1 for 73 nora. She is outclassed by just about every healing support in k'thir, the majority of them are under 70 nora also.

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

She's good if you're running a BG that clutches on stalling, but in this meta it dosent work. And like anything in this game there are instances in which is can be really great. But on average, she's just not worth the slot.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

LIKED FOR THE NORA SHIELD COMMENT. NOT NECESSARILY FOR THE ANGEL DINGER REMARKS.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I do not agree on the amount of nora, nora shield can generate and I think the durations of both ranks of grant nora shield are rather extensive. Maybe grant nora shield generates a percentage of the damage taken similar to other game mechanics (30 to 50%, a defensive version of essence capture) and has a shorter duration for both ranks of grant nora shield. (-2 turns for each rank?)

That being said, and having used Angel Singer myself she is extremely squishy for her cost (range and damage) her function is a support role, she is not doing much else. Having too many support units with a random rune reveal is a weakness with some K'thir battle groups. Making adjustments to the nora shield ability should lower Angel Singer cost. Resurrect is a neat ability and should be left alone for right now.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I agree, Vashal should get nerfed.

Anima26, JellyBerry, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Nora Shield is stupeed...

10. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Champs fine, nora shield is not. When it lasts for 12 turns it basically forces your opponent to either completely ignore the champ for a very long time or to give you a large amount of nora in return. There's very little counter play around this mechanic besides dispel and maybe something else im missing so in my opinion nora shielded needs to get it's duration cut by at least a half.

Anima26, JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

How much are you paying in spirit singer to be reckless? Most likely there are several cheaper options on every faction...

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I think it can be safely said that everyone agrees Nora Shield is borked. Is it something that can be fixed by changing numbers (ability cost, 1 nora per 2 damage, etc.) or would a rework be more feasible? Perhaps changing it entirely to something like Channel:X that gives the champion a Buffer. This would obviously change the purpose entirely but keeps with the name. It could also be an anti-noragen ability kinda like Resonance.
    At the beginning of each of its turns, this champion gains a Buffer for 2 turn equal to the amount of nora your opponent generated through spells, relics and abilities in the last 2 turns. This DMG is only applied for nora generated while this champion is in play.

13. super71

Why are people attacking the things with nora shield though.... I don't get it work around it or attack something else, the only time i see it being abused or problematic is with vashal, even then they can only use it one time before it's gone. We constantly wanna nerf everything to the point where it's unplayable, then we ask for buffs. If we have to nerf nora shield make it last only 4 turns or something don't nerf the ability to oblivion like everything else.

Bellagion and Karmavore like this.
  14. super71

Vashal are op, dwarves are under powered buff is. Quick question who is running vashal in the top 25 currently, who is running dwarves or anything is in the top 25?

15. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Spirit Singer is completely fine. Nora Shield could be toned down alongside a cost decrease. Reduced duration or reduced ratio for nora gen. Emphasis on the "or" please though.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I laughed my ass off

prymusedek and Pattn199 like this.
  17. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

U play this game ?

18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

That would be fine and dandy if there wasn't the small problem of X nora shielded champ being in your font. In that kind of scenario you either have to lose 60 nora from not having a font for 12 turns while the champ keeps attacking whatever you're using to keep it contested, or you kill the champ and give your opponent the nora from damaging it while he still benefits from making you lose a font for however many turns it took for you to kill it. There really is no winning scenario with nora shield.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Why don't you pay attention and watch people instead? Recent people i've seen playing Vashal: Tiny, MW, Halfgod.

IS: Markoth, Fisko, MW, and Nojiah.

I'm not saying IS or Dwarves aren't OP, what i'm saying is that you're assuming just because something isn't played, it isn't OP. But in reality, Vashal are being played.

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. super71

So are vashal that good or are those players just good ? I've also been watching tiny lately he's either been running sp kanen split or moga, halfgod is just very good with k'thir. Now let's look at who is leading IS again which is mw who plays just about every faction and some no names and markoth. Conclusion is anyone can play is right now, that is my point. Vashal are decent only because of seal of the vashal, once that gets nerfed vashal will be mid tier again. So are vashal op or does their seal just need to be changed ?

I'm sorry who are you ?