Look who's back... Post here if returning or just migrated from SOE.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by ARlSTOTLE, Mar 24, 2014.

1. ARlSTOTLE

ARlSTOTLE The King of Potatoes

Not to mention, I can't Forge the Mireoak. Although if I get one at some point, it would probably be more ideal to go with FS to keep both factions protectorate. Either way, Aspect of Divinity is what needs the basic attack. =] She can get intensify off Angel of Mercy, along with Cleansing Aura. Intensify is the big thing to add though, along with a basic attack. Once Aspect completes the Ascendance, she can't be insta-removed by any means really. And Ascendance + Intesify = range 3-10. With another Angel of Mercy in play, it would be range 3-11. That's a massive range for Blast to hit. Also looking for ways to possibly add spellswallower, adaptive, and/or fury to it. Like I said, total cheese, and would probably never manage to get it all accomplished in a game that wasn't a campaign, but my oh my it would be fun. I also want to test out, if you can intensify multiple times. For example, after intensify has happened, can she gain it again.

Anyway, I'll test most of this in campaign before ever trying in a normal game. I wouldn't even both attempting in ranked as it would take WAYYY too much to set up. Although, the Forglar Swamp option for a basic attach would help due to the improved nora generation.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

It's easier than you think actually.
    In a ST/IS split, you have staff of ascendance to intensify, then you can shatter or recycle it and equip a keeneye crown to get brutal range, then you can use merchant's quarter to give the aspect farshot (almost a basic attack).

3. ARlSTOTLE

Aspect cannot be equipped once ascended. Also, if you read Farshot, it makes it's basic attack at +1 range. So it must already have a basic attack for Farshot to work. Or at least that's how it reads on Merchant's Quarter. Don't know if it actually functions that way or not.

The key here is the Ascendance ability on Aspect, and it getting a basic attack. It already has Blast and Radiant Blow, but they have a 4 and 3 CD respectively. I want her to be able to attack every round. Especially since I plan to get her a +1 speed boost from a champ, and maybe even berserker 3 from somewhere. With that much range, she doesn't need to move to hit, and if she generates 8-9 AP a turn....

But as stated, total cheese, and would not work in ranked where everything is rush rush rush.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  4. GabrielQ

Farshot does work without a basic attack.

5. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Easier than that, you can equip Aspect with Holy Blade of Valdac before she ascends. It grants Attack:Fire, and after she ascends, there is no way to remove the equipment.

GabrielQ likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I can confirm that Merchants Quarter works with Aspect. Blade works well with her, I run her in a Angel split with KF and use Burning Oak Seed.

7. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Widl Chufun whar :p

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

That was tang unless you are trying to tell him to run chufun.

9. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

the down side to farshot is since there isnt a basic attack the damage on farshot is physical unless you have holy blade equipped then its fire.

10. ARlSTOTLE

Couldn't your opponent then simply counter/destroy the equipment on her to remove any Attack:X ability granted? If this happened after Ascension, she couldn't regain the Attack:X ability.

11. ARlSTOTLE

So I just edited the first post. Let me know if you guys like the idea for this thread's future. That being said, I'm going to start an IS Questions thread. I figure we could just keep a single thread for all people new and old to ask questions regarding the faction. It'd be nice to keep it all in once place, so it's easy to find the information again in the future.

12. GabrielQ

You can edit the title to clarify is usefullness

13. ARlSTOTLE

Title changed, but I'm open to suggestions if you think of a better one.

14. GabrielQ

It's fine.

15. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Your idea of super Aspect of divinity has been on my mind these days. Some suggestions i came up with:
    If you're going to abuse Spare parts, maybe the best BG would be Constructs, since with Melt Down you have complete control of the champ that dies, also refunding 50% of the champ cost and a minor buff to other constructs.

Remarkable abilities in constructs (to be bestowed):

Calcify - Whitestone gargoyle
    Essence capture - Rugolth's Revenge (a well executed Blast with essence capture can reward a huge amount of nora)
    Vigilance - Silverclan Hoplite (to achieve even more speed and tough 3)
    Resistance Magical 3 - Stone dragon (this one couple with immunity:physical makes aspect very difficult to kill)

Also i'd add an Archangel of Ai'mara, it has bestow base, immortality and the pretty amazing Scale armor ability to make Aspect unkillable

16. Disaram

Disaram New Member

I have not played anything other than token games every once in a blue moon since SOE took over the game. I'm relearning the game having fun refining my Paladin deck which is now far more viable than it was back when I started working on the Idea.

17. ARlSTOTLE

Well then welcome back. Hopefully, you'll find the change away from SOE is nothing but an improvement in every way possible.

18. Disaram

Disaram New Member

So far so good, glad to see the community is still alive.

19. nahoya

nahoya New Member

Hi all, I am still poking in now and then, but the past 3 expansions have not found a rune exciting enough for me personally to play extensively... hopefully things will change with Ronin. Glad to see this latest rebirth of Pox though!

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Remember if you are going to equip her, then do so prior to ascension because she will become unequipable afterwards.