Drain Vitality -New idea to avoid shoebox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kampel, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Hi,
    First Drain Vitality:
    costed 35 nora for -6dmg and -3spd to target champ, those stats were distributed to 3 friendlys.

After hotfix:
    cost to 50(+15)

My idea:
    Cost to 40, effect should be gradual, target gets -2dmg -1spd each turn or round for X turns/rounds until the -6dmg-3spd cap and your friendlys get the buffs at the same rate. Could make sence that the affected champ doesnt get suckedout dry from its vitality instantly but progresibliblably

Discuss(? :

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Meh don't think id run it, UD needs more of a Instant effect ( Not saying revert it , i know it was OP)....... its a fast faction, slow play isnt rewarded , most of the time it is punished at that.

mw24 likes this.
  3. Sinkia

Sinkia New Member

Amazing solution in my opinion

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I think this is a problematic spell and can never be balanced properly because you can't really limit to whom the buffs are being applied to. I have a feeling that even at 50 nora it will see some play and will be very strong when played, problem is there are only so many deck slots and people have a hard time figuring things out. I feel that this is the type of spell that iPox would love to play with.
    Why not this: keep the old cost (35), but limit the effects to same race only to apply the debuff and the buff (or something along those lines)? So: "Target enemy champion that shares a race with the closest friendly champion" etc etc etc? "But Pede, there are no jakei, boghoppers, drakkies in UD, what the heck", to which I would reply "Tough luck, its an awesome spell but at a very high risk of running due to race restrictions". When you actually share the race, oh boy.

5. Kampel

But those restrictions are ugly and already spread out

What about the buffs going to the 3 closest friendly champs in deployment zones? that way works more as a reinforcement utility than an instant shutdown

The instant effect plus the champs surrounding the target getting the buffs look like this to me:
    [​IMG]
    (Literally hitting you with your own amputated arm)

Real solutions are: or its not instantaneueueous or the buffs go far away from target with a fun conditional to position(to spice things up)

chickenpox2, OriginalG1 and Zone1010 like this.
  6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, the deployment idea is actually a pretty good one, could even keep the current buffs/cc.
    I feel that the worst possible solution is leaving the rune as is and at 50 nora.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I don't mind it as much at 50 nora. Sure it's a nerf to opposing runes and a buff to your own but it costs 50 nora, not a huge deal not compared to the price it had other day.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  8. Kampel

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As I said in the notes, I am considering changing it down the line, but do want to see how it plays at 50 nora for a bit.

If I do change it, I'd probably lean towards a simple numerical reduction, say -4 DMG, -2 SPD and buffing 2 champs instead of 3, rather than introducing additional complications (the spell is already fairly technically complex, and has a bunch of pieces).

Anima26, super71, Agirgis1 and 2 others like this.
  10. super71

It's good at 50 nora, not too overpowered but if used in a power turn can really mess some things up for your opponent. Actually requires some tactics, do i play a 50 nora spell or deploy a champ.

11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Trick question , both options are incorrect.
    You surrender for having it in your bg at all

12. super71

Because it's so good ?

13. futant

futant Well-Known Member

Make it do what a fireblast does but make it purple. -5 nora and it's balanced.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  14. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Hire this man

15. super71

No f that lets give all champs that the spell gives the damage to nkd and plus 8 ap, and flying and +1 speed.

16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

and let ipox win ?
    NEVER!
    As a UD player i would rather see it be nerf to the ground than be abused because there too much of this abusive Bane Shift going around pox honestlyand it just needs to be stopped