So... Moga

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bellagion, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I get it, not every rune/theme is gonna be equally viable at all times. But Moga got slammed pretty hard in this patch.
    • Removal of Surge 2
    • Global cost shift hurts low-cost units proportionally more
    • +2 to G'hernbound on top of that
    • Riders got recosted in other themes, but not Buckethead's Revenge on Razor
    Also, before anyone makes the "they were OP two patches ago" argument, there were only a couple OP Moga that top decks abused and ran 2x (Sapper, Chef, Trapper, Recruiter). A large number of Moga were still languishing in the shoebox. I understand the intent behind the changes in this patch and accept them. I do not advocate buffing the theme through G'hernbound, as we have seen that the blanket buff route gets abusive pretty fast.

But I would like to see some of these background Moga looked at and possibly redesigned. Especially with the release of the new Moga Catcher LE, it would be nice to be able to use that rune in some way.

Here's some examples:
    moganetter.png mogarazor.png mogatrigger.png

2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

If overseer moga had a "+2dmg for each moga" inside isntead of being two different abilities, would that be viable?
    Consider stuff like the ghern skull and "cultural contamination", would that help o break?

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

This is why I wanted to see the changes before they went live. I believed them when they said they would do better this time. If you want something done right you have to do it yourself... smh, facepalm*

4. Kampel

Fade away already! you are like a sticky fart

Baskitkase likes this.
  5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

You mean Overseer and Surge would be merged into one ability? That could be interesting, but pups would be pretty hard to use (4 SPD) and I'm not sure that the G'hern are the problem. Personally, I'd like to see shoebox Moga addressed to more evenly spread the power. I don't think the theme's core mechanics need to be changed much; just remove some of the horrible sandbags that have for some reason stayed on these Moga.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

rip moga.

@Kampel you need to work on your insults. that was pretty bad...

7. Kampel

"dense" should have been the word there, oh well