Which KF rune(s) would you most like to see changed :D

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by EnigmaXIII, Aug 22, 2015.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

This isn't about the most logical things to change, its just about your opinion :D

1 rune ive always wanted to see changed is Forest Dragon. Idk why i like it so much, but ive never found it viable. And on that note, this patch pushed thirions build with aerial supremacy above 100 nora, so no more grims mirror :( id like to see that changed as well :D

What about you guys, what do you wanna see changed :)?

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Forest Dragon is one of my favorites as well. He's in a pretty bad spot since Regeneration went up in cost, Healing Breath went up in cost, and it got +2 nora for having a basic attack. He and Spring Dragon could use some love. Here's an updated version of an older idea I had that would take some work (i.e. its not very likely)...

Forest Dragon-
    Size changed from 2x2 to 1x1. Race changed from Race: Dragon to Race: Dragon, Plant. SPD reduced from 6 to 5. Stasis replaces Camouflage on base. Upgrade Path I changed to Boost, Forest Front, Vitality: Creation. Upgrade Path II changed to Hidden: Vegetation, Grant: Mobility, Revere: Thirion,

Edit: These changes would make him a solid target for Honor Coin when played in a Plant deck. His cost would be much more reasonable for his kit.

Tweek516 likes this.
  3. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Ospryan Valkyrie
    Enforcer of the circle(made into an actual tank)
    Garu medium...really sad right now
    Seeker of the Source...range fixed.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yeah enforcer of the circle definitely - just so bland

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Epochal sage - oh wait, it finally got buffed! Wooooo!

Queen anaru
    Tanglefoot

6. EnigmaXIII

I think the 1x1 thing is totally viable considering they did it to the eagle sprite on take form: eagle. And i love your kit! I also want to see revere recosted though.

A lot of people like ospryan, but i totally agree i never liked her. Enforcer is most definitely bland. What do you guys think would work well on him? Garu medium is meh. Seeker of the source needs 1-2, or 1-3 range in my opinion, but hes good other than that.

Tanglefoot isn't the worst, hes still the shatter choice for treefolk, but yeah he isnt great. Queen anaru makes no sense to me.. but im not sure how she should be changed? what would you guys like to see? And yeah sage isnt half bad. I personally still find her boring but thats just me.

7. Elves Rule

Tanglefoot without flurry but with the same damage may as well be called ticklefoot.
    Anaru is just bad, and needs to be better. Shes over 100 nora for a god build.
    And sage is at least runable now.

8. EnigmaXIII

LOL ticklefoot.. that made me laugh xD. So u want him to be 8 dmg? or something like that? And i realize anarus bad im just not sure what would work well with her. Ill leave it to xirone to figure out a kit :D.

9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Ticklefoot! :D Here is one super quick fix:

Tanglefoot:
    Replace Pariah with Skirmisher
    Second Upgrade Path becomes Cripple (3), Fury (3), Sunder (5)

This would address both the issue of not being able to support him and his lack of damage output. The Fury option would allow escalation of Tanglefoot himself, while Sunder would be slightly better at killing a given enemy because the attacks of allies would do more damage (this is the -1 Defense per attack Sunder). His cost wouldn't shift by more than a point or two because this only swaps equal cost negative abilities and low-impact upgrades. Skirmisher eliminates the possibility of Shrine killing shenanigans.

I'll also repost this with updated costs, since Tanglefoot and Fireoak top the list of champs I'd like changed...
    This second idea is more involved and Tanglefoot wouldn't be doing more damage (less actually) but being able to entangle and drag enemies from the shadows would bring something unique to the theme. I like it better than just bumping him up to compete with the other physical beaters.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  10. Elves Rule

I would love the second idea if take root was buffed. Then you could take root all the time, and have reason to, and when people stood just outside your attack range, drag em in!

But, as it stands, yeh either more dmg or some stacking on-attack activators like fury and sunder.

11. Xirone

All of these are good options. With that said, I don't think the player base will ever be okay with Enforcer getting a buff because of what it once was.

12. EnigmaXIII

Love your ideas! Idk why he still has pariah after losing flurry. I think entangle, shadowstrike, dragging attack, and give him 1-4 range and skirmisher would be sick doe. Your other idea is just as cool tho. I think while most people missed KF Losing flurry, i missed it losing absorb even more.. absorb on tangle and deadwood strider was one of my favourite things :(

13. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

My vision of Enforcer of the circle...

Same base stats, 10dam/6spd/1rng/2def/54hp. cost for base stats-51
    Race: Elf
    Class: Ranger, Wizard.
    Base abilities- Attack: Physical
    Unstoppable (3), change from resist:magic. mostly a personal choice because I really want to see an elf that does not auto-lose to the AP denial/slam/chain CC abuses that has proliferated the game.
    Readiness (6) change from Bold...makes more sense for KF strategies, as well as making more thematic sense.
    Magic Aura 3 (6) wizard flavor, source of passive damage which is not really common in KF.

Upgrade Paths
    Regen 1(3), 2(5), 3(7)
    Balance 1(4), 2(6), 3(8)

Total cost of abilities 22-30 for a total cost of 73-81 nora.

Role Analysis- Tanky, mobile, average damage with the benefit of the Alt aura. Pseudo-detect ability on Balance, but it is mostly only on the build because I didn't want to see both it AND dictate go. His main duty would be to contest fonts. Damage is average, but he can trade away his defenses if he wants to do something like double tap.

Synergy Analysis-Aura type chosen to avoid stacking abuse from the other KF runes with grant Aura...we've seen other factions abuse this mechanic and that is not where I am trying to go with it. Would serve as a good tank in wizard theme or Magic Amp BGs due to Throne of the Circle and wizard race. -Maybe- good enough to make it into Faeries.

Overall- I like this build a lot more. The most likely build I see people taking would be Regen 3/Balance 1, coming in at 77 Nora. Far from the auto-include status he used to have, but still a good bit better than he is currently.

*Ability costs are from Poxbase so the prices may not be quite up to date*

14. EnigmaXIII

Cool idea, but no offense it hardly changes him. It might even be worse than he currently is for a similar cost. I dont like champions that are just so regular, especially on legs.

Here is what i think:
    First of all, idk if this makes any sense or if im just being OCD, but all members of the circle are elementals no? Why isnt he?
    Heres are some kits I would like to see:

Kit 1: Focuses on flavor, after all he is an enforcer
    Remove magic resistance and balance
    Add in punish + cull

Kit 2: This focuses on an idea that i personally had. It revolves on creating wizards with Cast: X abilities that are underused and cheap.
    Remove magic resistance and balance
    Add Cast: Carnivorous Vines (CD: 4, AP: 3) and Bloodseeker

Kit 3: The Unstoppable enforcer
    Remove Magic Resistance and Dictate
    Add Unstoppable and Intimidating

Any mixture of these kits would be cool too. But i think this is more flavorful and unique. These kits serve unique rolls rather than just make him like any other champ. I didnt consider costing that much though.. hopefully i didnt mess up too bad :p

15. Xirone

I love the idea of Unstoppable on Enforcer from Kage and Cull from Enigma (though I think Cull + Punish on the same champ is too much). Here's a synthesis of those two...

Enforcer of the Circle

DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 2 | HP: 54
    Base Abilities- Attack: Physical (+2), Balance 2 (+4), Bold (+8), Retreat 1 (+3)
    Upgrade Path I- Cull (+8), Dictate (+12), Magical Aura 3 (+6)
    Upgrade Path II- Drain 2 (+4), Readiness (+6), Unstoppable (+3)
    Estimated Nora Cost: 75-84

This version keeps him reasonably evil with hints of a dark character from Cull, Dictate, and Drain. This version also has the option to keep him sufficiently tanky as he has Bold on base and can disengage with Retreat 1. Once he is in the thick of battle Readiness, if selected, allows him some protection if he stands still while Unstoppable, if selected, protects him from CC that would stop him from triggering Bold.

As a note, Dictate looks pretty bad compared to the other options on the list but if paired with Honor Coin, the Enforcer would heal 6 HP, gain +2 MAX HP, gain +1 DMG, and +3 AP when the ability would be used. Similarly, Drain + Honor Coin would result in a 22 HP heal and +2 MAX HP.

16. EnigmaXIII

Xirone i used to think u were a KF genius. Then u put retreat on an Enforcer. LOL jokes aside, cool build, i like yours too :)

17. Xirone

Yeah I did feel odd adding Retreat but Mobility seemed too easy of a pairing with Bold. If Retreat were named Murderous Strategic Relocation there would be no problem! :)

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  18. EnigmaXIII

#Renameretreat2015

19. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

my vote would go for Queen Anaru. Just get rid of her pet already and give her a nifty signature ability for beasts :D Easier said than done i know but i'm sure the creative mind of Xirone can think of something :p

20. Xirone

Straight up replacing Pet: Winged Lerper (40 Nora) with Swarm: Winged Lerper would shave at least 20 Nora off her cost, assuming the ability were coded similarly to Swarm: Arctic Beast. Kf would finally have a Swarm champ!