Where is the Zombie love???

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by armyguyclaude, Aug 23, 2015.

1. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

New Release and my eyes scan Forsaken Wastes and see ZOMBIE! in a creatures name. Before even reading I click on the name and bam... same friggin zombie we already got... Why no more Zombies Poxnora... Where is their love? If you cut them... will they not shamble and moan?

Please don't forget out Zombie Brethren. Zambies need love too.

EDIT:
    Realizing a Rant thread without a Solution Thread is kind of stupid. So I've made one. Help post solutions there and keep Rants here. Thanks <3

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/anything-zombie.18155/#post-239877

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    TheBulwark likes this.
  2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

The exact same thing happened to me, 'Finally a new frikkin zombie!, oh it's a recolor'. I guess i havn't been pestering Moles and Sok about that teleporting zombie they definitely promised to make.

3. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

zombie, vampire, spirit, witch, lich, worm, skeleton.

hardly be covered in one expansion.

vampire is not covered too, and lich and witch.

4. potatonuts

Sorry but which universe are you from?

Ronin : 3 witches, A spirit, 2 champs which share synergy with witches and a spell which shares synergy with witches

Colatitions : A stitched skeleton, 2 champs (one a lich) which share synergy with skeletons, A witch, A relic which shares synergy with both liches and skeletons and an equip which shares synergy with skeletons.

Path of D'elim : A Skeleton, 3 spirits, A worm and a stitched.

The last Zombie released was Coragh in Endless Wonder, It's about time we at least got something for the theme. Considering vamps are in such a horrendous place and are basically only viable when run in a split with UD they probably genuinely do need an entire expansion to themselves i think anything they did release would just fall into the shoebox. It's also been stated quite a few times that liches aren't really supposed to be a theme.

5. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Endless Wonder: 7 Expanses ago
    Coragh. Originally limited, now legendary. Single unit.

Heroes Dawn: 5 Expanses before Endless Wonder
    Boghopper Zombie. Getting one of these is like winning the lottery. So I don't count this one.
    Moragen. Don't get me wrong, I love Moragen. She's great. But 1 zombie every 6 averaged expansions doesn't do zombies justice.

Heroes of Maljara: 2 Expanses before Heroes Dawn
    Risen Moga. According to Beefinator he's actually good.

Dire Covenant + Broodcall: 2+3 expanses before Heroes of Maljara
    Corpse Golem. Decent tank, but another Physical attack guy. Doesn't even drop other zombies when he gets hurt. Whats up with that?
    Crypt Guardian. Finally another decent unit. Takes some decent playing and synergy to get this guy going, but finally a decent zombie that isn't above exo status. Unfortunately physical attack.

Mute Stalker. Prolly a bread and butter unit in Zombies imo. Ranged on a zombie? Please gimme more. Physical attack :(.
    Mairdreth the Rot. I don't know if you should consider her a zombie. I mean she's a zombie, but essence devourer isn't? Guy looks more like a zombie than she does. She looks like a Lich imo. Also who uses her in a zombie deck? Black Death is the only endearing thing I see about her. And 2 Black Death zombies do not make a good zombie deck (Fleshblight).

Not going further than this. Seriously.... It's about time zombies get some love.

At least 1 non physical/non disease attack unit. Or another ranged one. Heck I would even be grateful about having a rebuff to dead fairy in this instance. I don't think I'm asking for much, but I want less spirits and skeletons as they've been beaten into the ground. I know everyone else is happy, but I only play zombies :p.

6. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Updated original Post with link to suggestion thread.

7. Beefinator

Beefinator The King of Potatoes

I use him in my zombie BG and I've seen a lot of other people using him to great effect. So cheap for a nice disease breath and amp. He's worth it.

super71 likes this.
  8. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Talking to some people in Pox earlier and they said someone in top 10 runs only zombies. Anyone know anything about this?

@Beefinator:
    I didn't realize.

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Zombies do indeed need some love, spirits and skellys both have like 3 pages of champs to pick from. Zombies have like 2 pages and maybe 3/4 of them are runnable in a full zombie bg. I think their are actually more witches then their are zombies. My favorite theme in fw is zombies i like the slow attrition game compared to the rushy nonsense of other themes and other factions.

Their are 28 zombies, 4 of them are re-skins and 1 of theme is boghopper zombie which is rare as hell. So your looking at about 23 and about 4 of those 23 aren't really runnable or played competitively. I would say about 19 zombies are used and playable in the higher ranks.

10. potatonuts

Yep, i use him all the time.

11. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Does anyone use Zombie Behemoth?

Also been making some zombie ideas in Runes and Suggestions, hope you guys check'm out.

12. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

55 nora, 12 damage and 70 health. Id imagine theyre pretty damn runnable. Hell in my cheapmeat thread it was suggested they replace wandering zombie.

Fentum likes this.
  13. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

He's a meat stick. Great for sitting in front of your opponent while other zombies get to the frontline. I like him.

14. potatonuts

That's a pretty ludicrous suggestion tbh

15. ghklf

Did u really check for that? The last Zombies released were Contained Thrall AND Corrupted Guardian in Broken Shard. That was 1/3 champions of that expansion.

Plz tell me which mad guy told u Liches aren't really supposed to be a theme, a staff? or just someone who does not like liches?

If liches were not really supposed to be a theme, then why would abilities like Surge: Lich, Worship : Lich and Lich Apprentice exist? If true Devs suck.

Now all the Construct champions lost Immunity: Disease and few have Immunity: Disease outside FW. I did see zombie love here.

I agree with that zombie theme needs new champions, but some old shoebox zombies got buffed like Crypt Guardian.

Let's hope there will be a LEG zombie in the mid-term.

16. potatonuts

Err, no, Endless Wonder was released after Broken Shard.

I believe it was Sok, i'm sure he'd be glad to discuss it with you.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  17. ghklf

Give me the link and I would be very glad to have a TALK with him.

18. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

I feel like there is way too much Lich talk in this thread. We should talk more about zombies and how adorable they are. Slow moving, brain eating, drooling, flesh rottingly adorable.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

there is no love for fw, the devs hate this faction.