Discussing American politics as civil human beings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Sep 13, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Donors or no donors. Anti-system or not, all of that aside.

Do you genuinely believe that this guy would do good things for the United States? Explain.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I don't think he'd be bad. As to whether or not he'd be good, ask yourself the same question of every other candidate and you'll get the same answer.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Perhaps.

But perhaps a puppet would be better than a guy who intends to build a giant wall against Mexico, doesn't care about whether or not Russia invade the Ukraine and has the most outrageous idiotic ideas.

I don't know enough about all the candidates to give you my favorite. But I've been reading up these last couple of days, and Trump wouldn't last a second in Belgium. You say dumb Bane Shift like he does and you're done. Only in America can people at that up and cheer at how much of an ******* he is because he's rich and independent, and somehow delude themselves that he'll give a damn about anyone but the big corporation buddies of his.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

He is proving to be extremely in-ept and incompetent, tho I believe that is part of his appeal.

"I don't have to know what I am doing, as long as I do it like I don't give a Bane Shift. MURICA!"

It is very... American?

damnfoolishyeti and Saandro like this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But how...

How do you even consider someone like this? I don't get it.

You get crucified for that Bane Shift here. Who gives a Firk if you're black or rich or whatever. Don't you just want someone who doesn't pull a second Bush jr?

6. Sokolov

Most Republicans consider Bush Jr to be an extremely good president.

Don't mistake what the rest of the world sees the US as as anything close to what the US citizenry sees. They are very different.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ah

I see. Well this is awkward. Really... really.... awkward.

Bellagion and IMAGIRL like this.
  8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

How do you think it is for us?

9. Sokolov

upload_2015-9-13_21-29-48.png

That spike there is 9/11.

newsbuff likes this.
  10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Sok could make graphs of graphs that show graphs.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  11. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Which republicans are u talking to?

Each country is unique, especially the USA.

12. DarkJello

The media has massive power, and they are tops at bullying and shaming anyone and anything that opposes their interests. A lot of Americans do NOT like the propagandists (aka journalists), so a Trump gains points every single time he stands up to their lies and tantrums. How many hours have u watched their edited vids and listened to their spin doctors vs watching youtube vids on DJT that are unedited? Have u read his immigration policy? Did u know that politicians have been promising for decades to fix illegal immigration? DJT is the first one that might actually put America first, instead of illegals. Are u aware that a massive mutiny is underway against the GOP because they are part of the big gvt problem? Dr. Carson is next in line behind DJT. Do u think any of his or The Don's voters will ever back an establishment Republican? A bunch of folks sat home instead of voting for Romney, but this time I suspect they are finally actively gonna gouge out the political eyes of the GOP. It is early though, so thinks might very well shift radically. But it feels different this time, and mutiny is afoot.

DJT has been successful all over the world, so not sure why u think he won't be successful as Potus. Guessing u think the sterile and perfectly managed candidates are nice people behind the walls of power. We already know Trump is an a$$ to his enemies, and we don't care. Supreme leader of Iran loves to chant "death to America", so why should I care if Donald is abrasive?? Did u know he vocally opposed invading Iraq, and had a big falling out with the Bush family?

The media wants Trump dead, and that might be the only way to stop him. Hopefully I helped enlighten a bit. Until laterz.

Baskitkase likes this.
  13. DarkJello

14. Sokolov

See chart above your post.

15. DarkJello

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  16. Sokolov

It's a chart from Gallup, showing results from polls throughout TWO presidential terms of Bush and most of two terms of Obama. Yea, I guess it's not much.

I mean, who knows, maybe just 25% of Republicans approved of Bush during his terms, or Gallup is lying to us. WHO CAN EVER KNOW?!

17. DarkJello

No description shows up for me, just a handful of colored and squiggly lines. Very basic. My link has lots of precise information that really digs into the topics. Easier to read, and gain comprehensive knowledge. Science demands precision, and especially that many views and data points are mandatory before a summary can be initiated. Revisions must continue as new data arrives.

I rarely meet Repubs proud of GW Bush, thus my skepticism of that graph remains high.

18. Sokolov

As @Ohmin would say, you are too concerned with applying specifics to generalities.

19. Sokolov

Anyway, I clipped a small piece of the data to showcase the divide between Republicans and Democrats in their views of Bush, and how even tho people outside the US might have disliked Bush, that is different in the US where people seem to care more about if the President is in their party than what they actually do.

Here's the actual thing, you can look around at the full data yourself: http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/P...e=WWWV7HP&utm_medium=topic&utm_campaign=tiles

Each of the data points is labelled dynamically, etc. Seems to coincide well with your link, so I guess we can be happy there. Of course, your link also shows 66% of Conservative Republicans and 50% of Moderate Republicans in 2008 approving of Bush, so glad to see you can corroborate my statement regarding most Republicans supporting him.

Because he hasn't said or demonstrated anything that would suggest he would be. And what he has said or shown suggests he wouldn't be.

Ohmin and DarkJello like this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah I know 9/11 was a miracle for Bush's career (no offense). Americans love their wars and guns I guess. And their big corps funding their campaings who produce the war machine.