Same rune group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by soulmilk, Sep 17, 2015.

1. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I have been thinking of this for a while and since the Poxtoberfest runes released, it feels like the right time to talk about it.

For those who don't know what a rune group is, it's LE version of already existing runes, making you able to only have 2 in a combination of each. (2 Normal Version, 1 Normal and 1 Limited, 2 Limited, or in case of rune limit: 1, 1 Normal or 1 Limited.)

The problem is that you only get to know about this when you try to put 3 in a combination of same rune group runes in your BG, which makes it already too late since you likely traded to get the LE version of the rune. (Bad experience.)

Please discuss.

I'll start with suggesting the LE version of runes saying "The specified rune belongs to the -insert name- Rune Group. You may only have a combination of n of this rune group in your battlegroup."

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Anima26, Ifem21, Fentum and 4 others like this.
  2. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

+1 seems simple to implement

3. soulmilk

-explodes-

Pattn199 likes this.
  4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I don't quite understand the request being made here. Are you asking for there to be a rune group tag in the Rune Checklist? Or on the trader? Or somewhere else?

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

And all 3 have pretty colors, especially lined up like that.

Anima26 and Pattn199 like this.
  6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

So it would be possible to run 6 myx pupae relics, 2normals, 2oranges, 2purples

TheBulwark likes this.
  7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Still a 4 rune limit on the leoss feet. Come one, they're 90% the same.

8. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Yes please. I only discovered this after trading for two blue flame arsonists. Then I tried to add them to my bg with two arsonists.

Boo hoo.

soulmilk likes this.
  9. soulmilk

On the rune card, below the "Deck Limit, Race, Class and Size."

Bellagion likes this.
  10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You should absolutely be able to run 4 Inquisitors, that's absurd -- Isran is a Human, the stock Inquisitors are not. Incidentally, that makes IS/Foul Rite much harder to build.

TheBulwark and Pattn199 like this.
  11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Isran is so sekc.

Crusader reskin with gold armor plz.

12. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

?

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Well, more accurately, you should be able to run 2 Inquisitors and 2 Israns, because they are mechanically different champs.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Like I said, one is Human, the other is not.

15. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Yes. A similar oversight with the goblin arsonists where one had rogue and one not. It was an oversight.