Constructs need some love

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by ProR2D2, Sep 17, 2015.

1. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

I know this was brought before, but constructs were nerfed before boost changes and they haven't recieved anything yet to compensate for the damage nerf, so they have been lacking in damage.
    I liked the last patch a lot, but I think they need more damage.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

The last patch was sensational for constructs, they are in a very good place right now but I do agree they could do with a Commander or perhaps some form of Augment Creation champ to boost them up a bit. But to be fair they are fantastic defensively so should be slightly weaker ob the offensive side to keep things balanced.

themacca likes this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pathfinder

4. ProR2D2

This is the DMG of 90% of viable constructs:

[​IMG]
    @Sokolov
    They were nerfed during Boost era, and later boost was nerfed too leaving Constructs like this. I have 12 BGs in Legendary League and constructs are the only one I haven't won yet.

5. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Stone colossushas 8 damage?

6. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

<3 dervish but he's feeling the boost/tactical manual hard

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I've beeen playing Construx and I feel like they're in a really good place right now.

I have high hopes that the nex Strux will be good.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

This is dumb cause most of these champions have a way to get more damage ontop of their base

9. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

the theme average is 9.2 damage and that is including 2 champs with damages of 15/14 who have to pay 15/10 nora just to be able to move. without these 2 champs the theme average drops to 8.6. yes the dervish can get to 12 dam with beserker... but careless. yes WEG can build up... but cost of spells. yes robo-dog can get enraged.... but something else has to be dying. as is most of these champs self boosting mechanics only take them to the 10-12 damage range.

should they rival UD for damage output... no!
    should they suffer the repercussions of gedden's shortsighted revamp and sokos changes to boost mechanics..... hell no!

IMO they need both one source of commander (or battlemaster in theme) and augment creation. this would bring the theme average to 11.2 globally and 13.2 in a specific area. not overwhelming but at a fair and functional level.

as a theme I feel they are sitting near the top of tier 2 play. personally I like it that way. it will still get development resources and patch buff consideration but not receive extremist hate/nerf cries. nor will I feel guilty for exploiting OP shite.

10. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Isn't that the trade off for every single one of your units being a tank?

badgerale, Netherzen and themacca like this.
  11. themacca

Some people dont understand this concept

12. ProR2D2

How do you expect to win without damage? Or even kill a frontline tank with no damage? Have you seen a game of LoL with 5 Maokai's in their team?

The only thing that changes with that trade off is that instead of dying quickly, now you just die slowly.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  13. themacca

You've already acknowledged that they have plenty of champions who build their damage up over time. They are perfectly capable of dealing enough damage to win a game and Lol comparisons to pox are just incorrect.

potatonuts likes this.
  14. potatonuts

Mao Kai can do Bane Shift loads of damage, but like Macca said that is just a incorrect comparison to make.

You aren't really making any kind of a case for structs being buffed, you are just complaining that they don't have any damage. Unfortunately that's how the game works, you don't get free stats for complaining about things.

Instead of just making comments like that you could try and say something constructive about what could be done to solve the issue. If the units mentioned were to have more damage they would need to cost more or trade off their defense, are those things you think would be good for theme? That's what you should be talking about, not attacking me for pointing something out to you.

15. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I_See_What_You_Did_There.png

potatonuts likes this.
  16. potatonuts

17. ProR2D2

I will just stay away from constructs as I feel they are not worth playing in legendary league imo.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  18. potatonuts

Nobody was trying to pick at you, just responding appropriately to your comments. Sorry if you took offense but really i only intended to be blunt, now if you wanted to get back on topic...

My point is that they aren't overcosted for their stats, if constructs were to have high damage as well as their tankiness then they would probably end up being pretty expensive.

19. themacca

20. ProR2D2

I'm not saying they are underpowered. My point is they need more DPS units, or you won't ever be able to pass throught a good enemy tank.

Individually they are strong, but as a theme they are underwhelming, cuz every single one of their units is literally doing the same job.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015