cleansing emerald doesn't get rid of lumbering from tremor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaintKiwi, Oct 8, 2015.

1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

fix your Bane Shift dog

Leadrz likes this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I assume this happens because it gives an ability and not a condition.

Goyo likes this.
  3. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Is lumbering even a condition?

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Nah. it's not.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Dispel does work against void shield despite it giving an ability, not a condition. Technically a bug which my last enemy abused without shame for an easy win

6. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

So he technically abused it

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Dispelling void shield is not a bug.

IMAGIRL and Netherzen like this.
  8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well ... except according to the description it is ... So ... Yes, it is a bug

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That is not WAD, but it is WAI. Dispel is currently inconcsistent when it comes to conditional abilities, but the intention is that they should disappear with Dispel.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Abilities cannot be dispelled or cleansed, previously lumbering and pacify were in this category.

I like this dynamic, especially since either are a total loss of interaction with the champion.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Known issue. The problem is that back then, when effects gave abilities, coders gave abilities directly. So Tremor, being really old, just added the ability directly, then removed it later.

The way we do things now is that if an effect has a duration based impact (duration could be infinite), that it is always wrapped in a condition. Not only does this mean the player gets an icon at the bottom to indicate what effects the champion has, it also has the potential to be removable by Cleanse or Dispel properly.

Pacified is a weird one, it's always been a condition, but it was made not Cleansable due to trick deck interactions, particularly with the way Truce worked as well as the one Ambassadors allowing for Truce-lock decks.

12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

The lumbering from mud sling is cleansable. Can't you just... Huh... Copy and paste the code?

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Kind of, yes. Most likely Tremor would be re-written into our newer POXML format, using something that is already in POXML that does a similar effect as a template (which Mudsling might or might not be).