Electric decks

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Ultima, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Are these still runnable? I've had no luck playing mine anymore, I don't know if it's me readjusting to the game again, or they feel weak. I'll post my deck later today for more criticism

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

They are runnable but probably not meta tier.Lighting rod and ionization are good.You can split with IS or FS.
    Fury of the storm becoming SP/IS champion because of storm field would be great.

This is what i run:
    storm.JPG

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  3. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

This would be fantastic. It should have been an SP rune to start :)

Netherzen likes this.
  4. Ultima

Completely forgot I can screen shot on mobile. Here's my deck I've used since last expansion

Attached Files:

5. Netherzen

Swapped barbarian bolt for silverclan tinkerer.
    While there is some nice synergy between SP and IS,i would prefer running it FF SP,however storm field is just too essential to making it work.

I made a post in the cactuar crate about it,if we all bother Sok with it,i am sure we can get some good changes for electric theme.

Needs more lighting rods and aoes.

6. Ultima

What sort of aoes should I run? I went with more of an engage burst to win out an early game font cap.

7. Netherzen

Two thunderhead totems and two lighting storms.And add those lighting rods and maybe a cyclonic fesh or two.
    Here is what you do:you equip on that hard to kill enemy champion or ranged champion in the back with rod.Then you cast lighting storm or thunderhead totem and damage as many champions as possible.The guy with the rod gets all the damage.To increase damage,get your own champions hit by these aoes since the damage will be redirected to the champion with the rod.

8. Ultima

Thanks for reminding me. Bit poor in terms of trade stuff since I'm getting the skeezivk runes soon, but that's why there's a hyanid breaker and I believe the mindshrinker to act as place holders for the Fesh

9. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I run voil stormx2. as my beaters ,
    storm acolyte = endless healing

10. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

My main problem with electricity was that there are no real tanks, only Stormflyers that can get one-rounded

Netherzen and RedScarlet like this.
  11. Netherzen

Here is my FF SP version:
    lighting.JPG

12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I havnt had any luck playing lightning as well, the problem is the champs are too expensive and they have no beaters.

13. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Themes based on damage types are pretty wasteful in my opinion. Frost amp is the same as fire amp as etc. amp. It's time to move past these new "playstyles," which are largely replicas of old playstylea. There's not much reason to have physical, magic and "other" in our current set up. Each damage based theme should be centered around mechanics (if we even continue w/ themes). In the case of electricity, it should be paralysis and stun based (for specific champions) and champion jumping mechanics (like chain lightning).

14. Netherzen

I disagree.I think the current design of damage based themes is unique and fun and would like to see it develop more.I also love electricity for things like spark charge and lighting rod,not a fan of chain lighting or paralysis and stun.

15. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

i like stun, but usually its an expensive upgrade or raises the cost of a champ significantly, with a 4 trn cooldown , Id rather go with something else..

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Fun fact. Spark Charge+lightning rods+Storm field is the most overpowered thing in existance.

17. Netherzen

You are overexagerating.

18. themacca

My bad. 7-10 damage per AP spent is bad

19. Netherzen

Its a strong combo but it can be countered and its cant be used consistently.Its efficient to use on champions with higher cost(70 something nora and upward for example).If the champion has unequipable or is already equiped there is nothing to do.

Its also 7 damage,not sure where are you getting the 10.

20. themacca

potential x2