IS Meta Deck

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jun 30, 2015.

1. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I think a reshuffling would help a lot and id like to see a build like this:

Stats: the same

Base: atk physical, drunkard, drunken revel, on the house (his core would be passively intoxicating champs and generating AP and Damage buffs off of it)

U1: dwarven noble, rallying cries2, charge 3

U2: regal presence, keg toss, carouse

This upgrade layout lets you pick between going with multiple group buffs, or multiple attack types, or a tanky supporter, or some form of mix and match. It also prevents the buff debuff swing that was so prevalent and took the noble over the top by putting regal presence on the same line as keg toss. It doesnt make him auto but it undoes some of the feelings of loss and inadequacy that the recent nerfs instilled.

2. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Maeck is not the problem :p he is fine

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Functionally, this basically lets him pick Regal Presence over Keg Toss (could be done without other shifts just by replacing Charge 3 with Regal Presence). That's the real change here. And that, alone, would make him feel good again? Interesting.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Make him a Paladin and I'll start using him in my Paladin BG.

5. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Honeslty no.

By what sass said, on the house would go on base, and for what i know, on the hoouse is +2 nora compared to loyalty. No thanks.
    He's fine as he is now. Make him pally and he would be 4 1/2 stars, maybe 5. I repeat this again, 76 nora for a charge 3 60hp 14dmg champ. Who can take majestic 2, something always strong. Just bless him with the light of the inquisition.

If you wanna give regal presance to someone, give it to Euan, so there is a reason to run him again.

6. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Sorry for the late reply, as Ive said, Dwarves are still fine. Still very much playable and still good, Desert brew in particular is fantastic and I guarantee you if more people were playing Dwarves it would be getting nerf calls. I guess the main point I was trying to get across is you kicked out the crutch in the theme in Maeck. Regal Presence on such a fantastic champ that did so much other than provide regal presence, was what made the theme great. I can see why it was nerfed. Now that nerf was warranted and I think most players, barring a few zealots , would agree with me. However most people felt the nerf to carouse ( going to cd 2 ) was unnecessary, now I know you will say 'But you can equip it on enemy champs now!' and yes that is true, and in the case of say Brewmaster its a good change, but in general it wasn't because we really just use Beermaiden to buff our champs and we keep her away from combat since she is what hold the theme together, so her being able to equip enemy champs is large redundant as she will never be near the front lines, and the KB on Keg Toss was hardly breaking the game, so it was a triple whammy to the theme. Now while the theme, and these champs in general are still fine and playable, it just isn't fun to do so now.
    The nearest way I can explain this to you from a players point of view is this.

Imagine you drove a Lamborghini, you loved this Lamborghini and you enjoyed the hell out of driving it around. Then you lose your job and have to sell your Lambo, now you have to drive around in a beat up pickup truck. The truck is still good, it still works, you can still get around town in it. But you can't enjoy it because its nothing compared to the Lamborghini you once had.

That's what its like for players after their favourite runes get straight up power nerfed, sure the new version your forced with is still good but you just don't want to use it because it had been so much better before. This is very much the case with Dwarfs right now. This was also a prominent thing when CorpsE was in charge and one of the reasons in my opinion Pox failed during SoEs tenure. They would release super powerful runes on expansion release, people would drop tonnes of cash to get these awesome runes, and then they would be nerfed within days to a somewhat balanced level, if not shoeboxed entirely, and people would go insane that they dropped a lot of money to get these runes and now they suck. After this happened a few releases in a row people eventually stopped dropping money on packs and people who invested money got so annoyed they stopped playing.

So I guess to surmise what I'm saying is, Dwarves are still fine you are just hearing the knee-jerk reactions from players who are suffering from the feelings I described. Once we get some new synergy and new Dwarfs people will play them again.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Dwarves are solid and still have a pretty crazy amount of HP boosting. They play well with a paladin sub-module. Cardinal and Pontiff for ranged. Commanders and Warsaints for tanks. Brewbabes for support.
    Banner+Sermon+Desert Brew = 19

8. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

You have regal presence as well if you want it.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Barb BG as requested.

https://poxbase.com/deck/ChZc3CdHc9bcoJcpHcu6ck7C1ZCd1sus6Wsfsls7ms6MsPsKrHr3GrirYe5e2y
    The two missing runes are Pureblood Plainswalker
    The Arias are just a Northern Cross Priestess reskin.

I'm using Barb Commander for fun because I like him, I usually have a Zedin or Wild Chieftain instead.

Strux BG

https://poxbase.com/deck/ciaCalcGCx3cffCfhcfgC8YcwTsls7ms4Gs6MS43sPs87sKrHrirYe5e_
    The three missing runes are x2 Lodestone Megaliths and Reticulated Splinehawk.

Every now and then i'll drop Instill Panic for Desperate Heal.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  10. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

any updates

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I haven't played IS good stuff in a while. Some other threads have updated Barbs, Paladins and Construct BGs.