Festering Wounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

AoI was discussed.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

im pretty sure taking loss of life used to count your unit as not having taken damage and festering wounds wouldn't proc of it, if im not mistaken?

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I don't understand how that would work. My educated guess would be that Festering Wounds has always affected champions based on their current HP's being lower than their own max HP's; at least I suppose that's how its code must be based.

I don't see how the client would differentiate what you said, unless I'm getting it wrong.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I was young back when im thinking of this so im probably misremembering

5. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

That's a misremember. It has always worked off of loss of life.

TeaScholar likes this.
  6. Lushiris

ST aspect is only a problem in very long games, as she does take 9 rounds( deployment round does not give charges IIRC) to make a copy of herself. And normally that would only be a problem to themes that rely on attrition ( you know where I'm getting at don't you?) and as such wouldn't be aggressive enough to deal with AoI.

7. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

8. Lushiris

The only time I suspected it could be a problem was when someone( sorry forgot the name) played it in a ST/SL mass DEf debuff BG. However, that was before Locust Swarm got nerfed, so I bet it's not as as strong now.

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

wasnt that gemmaxsomething?

10. Lushiris

GemmaXylia yes, thank you.

11. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

dont forget Frostbite pls

12. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The real Firking question is why does rabid dot give inhibited.

The spell was kinda strong but meh, but after that"quality of OP" change it is attritions strongest weapon to its strategy.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

good thing there's a counter to global healing. That playstyle is so annoying.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

divine healing isn't uncommon and that does the same amount of hitpoints instantly. desperate heal cost the same amount of nora and heals for 20, lol.

heal mass is overcosted though and so is cleanse. natures blessing also has ridiculously high cooldowns.

15. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

still pretty certain baller wouldnt have such a problem with this if his preferred playstyle wasnt directly countered by it. "stall with good range" gets hit hard by it.

Scrijordan and Netherzen like this.
  16. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

After seeing Ballballer destroyed by this spell when Mark was using it, I have changed my mind about it. Although Mark is a good player, he tends to fall to zealotry defending his OP decks, which I guess is a natural human thing. Personally I have never had any problems with this rune, but I don't play at the highest level.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Step 1: deploy stall champ for mid font
    Step 2: deploy phoenix to stall further/go for side font and proc loss of life/its dot 3 on deploy
    Step 3: deploy whatever (preferably range)
    Step 4: deploy tomb if lots of champs not hit by dark favor (cast festering wounds if not true)
    Step 5: deploy xulos and festering wounds if still havent cast it
    Step 6: phoenix first form has died by now and has proced dark favor again
    Step 7: chill out and laugh as tariff and global damage eat your opponent alive

gg well played fw player

Tariff is idiotic and so is global damage

BurnPyro likes this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

just an opinion, I win the same amount with my sp bg as I do with that fw. Play fw sometime, its not what it seems.

If I was playing seriously for rank I wouldn't be playing fw at all, I just play it for fun. It's still too weak/unreliable.

19. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I agree with you on Tariff. I think it's problematic from a design perspective because it's simultaneously a gating mechanic (denies opponent's ability to play runes) as well as a mechanic that lacks counterplay. No backlash counter and no tempo hit when played from Xulos because Dark Favor 3 is hugely frontloaded.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

play fw and demonstrate it being problematic... People keep complaining about stuff they can't even win with, lol.