A problem for Cyclops.

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by themacca, Nov 1, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Would it at all be possible to change several of the cyclops units to be 1x1. as it currently is cyclops are super good statistically and even ability wise. But the incredibly large amount of cyclops being 2x2 simply makes it too difficult to get around the maps and it can very easily cost you games.

So heres a list of cyclops you could justify making Size 1x1.

Alpine Cyclops
    Cyclops Youth
    Cyclops Shaman
    Cyclops Stormcaller
    Cyclops Hurler
    Cyclops Wardrummer
    Cyclops Primal

I'm not sure if changing a units size is something you can actually do but if it is then i really hope that you guys do something like this as currently cyclops just aren't runnable and it's for possibly the silliest reason out of every theme in the game.

2. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Nora costs would go up, causing some reabilties

3. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Does being 2x2 actually decrease nora cost?

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yes

5. gamengamenut

oh the heck, that changes everything

6. themacca

Most of these are fairly efficient as is and wouldnt hurt going up 3 nora. not nearly as much as the theme gets hurt from simply not being able to move on most maps

7. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Well if they make some 1x1 they can implement the tribal, something like " if less than 2/3 amount if cyclops are on the field, range is decreased by one to a minimum of 1( 2 eyes better than one ;).) Then include mountaineer to help the 2x2s

8. gamengamenut

A Pathfinder Leg/Exo unit may help but it will become an auto-include.

9. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Cyclops sucks at this map
    [​IMG]

noamkeren, Ifem21 and RedScarlet like this.
  10. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Buff Cyclops Runt pls.

Sirius likes this.
  11. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I'd rather have the theme's identity, and have the maps themselves get changed to tailor 2x2s. Otherwise, they're just gonna be a keyword-less Surge, Bulwark, and Stats Stacking theme.At least now they're somewhat diff albeit the diff is a negative lol

Its pretty fun blocking opponent with tons of meat. Although they do need both shroud and enduring aura.
    And preferrably another Detection clops, to make the thematic BG less predictable.
    And ofc more pathfinder cyclops that are made accessible and have diff roles to that of Alpine.

If the devs decided to change it to 1x1, be sure to not forget and change Surge: Behemoth to Surge: Cyclops.
    Even now, with all the newer cyclops like warwizard and ritualist, there is already a certain awkwardness in deploying 1x1 clops. (runt being the exception since he's a source of surge behe)

Ifem21 and Lop like this.
  12. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Pathfinder + Preordained pls

13. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I like them as 2x2... The map needs to change, to make at least possible to NOT auto lose just because of the map.

14. gamengamenut

i'm thinking of some ability that is a mix of pathfinder and like (make them immune to damage taken from terrian) some Legs or Exos cyc

15. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I suspect changing the champs is easier than changing the maps (but I could be wrong).

Separately, I agree that making Cyclops a stat/boost/surge stacking theme is a poor design decision. Essentially, they'd be 2x2 voil, w/o sonic flight. But this is a problem with focusing on themes in general rather than focusing on mechanics based modules. I'll avoid repeating my typical rant.

16. themacca

I too would love for themes to be more than just stat boosting. i feel like people rely on surge too much as something to tie a theme together

17. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Agreed. Surge needs to be an complement only, not an "theme central piece". We need more themes like Kanen, Fire Amp, Fairy, Bleed, an so on, with different mechanics.

RedScarlet likes this.
  18. gamengamenut

LOVE the way kanen work, the whole pack mentality thing. a ton of good themes became surge which is ew. Leoss is nice too.

19. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Lets just make it so cyclops can also walk over fonts. Would make everything much better with these fatties. And they dont loose identity

20. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

You clearly haven't been seeing me stomp the alley with my cyclops lately.

Vorian likes this.