New Hyaenid Coming

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by skarpox, Nov 6, 2015.

1. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

So what do people think about the new Hyaenid?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

#sexytimes

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

#NobodyCaresAboutSP

4. skarpox

#goaway

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I actually forgot what was even said about the new hyaenid. Which are actually one of my favorite themes in the game. So cydna is sadly correct

6. skarpox

Well, I do. I shifted from KF to SP.

7. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Seems potentially flexible and good for any bg (meta, electricity, nids, etc.). We'll have to wait and see when his signature ability procs (champion attacks, any electricity damage, etc.).

8. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Maybe he will be an Eletricity BG focused instead of nids, but with ALSO uses in Nids only.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

"Free attacks on anything nearby that takes Electricity damage" according to the preview video. Sounds spicy.

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

And balanced. Right?

11. skarpox

He will most likely be melee but, hopefully, also with Leech Vitality and Mobility.

12. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I think it depends on his range; whether he has a basic attack on his own; whether he loses 1 or 2 AP whenever he makes a "free attack"; whether there's a cap on the free attacks per round; and whether its procs off of champ damage or any electrical damage (auras, dots, spells, relics, etc.) An overpowered example would be a long-range hyaenid that can make an unlimited number of free attacks on every champion in range...imagine doubling the damage on lightning storm and tripling it when the shock damage procs or a power turn with havoc's tough on this guy plus lightning storm (or splitting w/ forbidden fruit).

13. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

New hyaenid has terrible stats and an op ability. Will not end well and probably needs to be changed.

SaintKiwi and Pedeguerra like this.
  14. skarpox

Why do you like to pee on my Cheerios?

15. Pedeguerra

Well, it was a given considering the description of the ability. I mean:
    "Free attacks on anything nearby that takes Electricity damage"
    Is just asking for trouble, wtf.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I feel like this is an ability with need to sit back and watch in action first.

If it's problematic it'll get changed.

17. Pedeguerra

Agreed.
    Might be fun.

18. skarpox

Doesn't this ability already exist with Pack Leader? It is probably similar.

19. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I have a feeling my electricity bg will become tier 1 with this expansion.Its a decent theme just lacking a bit more synergy to be strong.

20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

the new Hyaenid is epic! Just give him paralytic feedback and hide him behind your stormflyers.