Big Vengeful -- Another Deck

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

It 77 nora with the upgrades i mentioned.Its a giant pile of hitpoints with good damage and ability to hex and heal.It helps with dominating the field in mid and late game.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

So you feel it earns a slot based on pure efficiency? How does the healing help?

3. Netherzen

If played well,yes.

It keeps key champions alive.You can pull back almost dead serkan and nurish him to full hp.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

You can already do that w/ careful uses of life siphon

5. Netherzen

It can often backfire.Serkan is a huge priority for your enemy.

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Kal i now understand your obsession with Essence Devourer after playing this. Won my first game with it against guitarape playing leoss. End of the game he instill panics my essense devourer away and runs and contests my font with a pilgrimaged bloodmane ravager, i run my ED over to my current 26 damage elsari culler and repurpose it then deploy a skelezerker and repurpose that onto culler as well to get it's damage up to 43 and kill the ST avatar in 2 hits.

[​IMG]

PS: I don't like the foo fighters. I just didnt realize they were on until after i took the screenshot.

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Everyone seems to want to couple their vengeful module with a summons module. Not sure if it's because of any cross synergy or just because people like to use the new stuff. Anyway, try running whisper gasps. Relocating essence devourers is quite fun. Reminds me of old UD relocating pit dragons. FYI only a single square of 2x2 units needs to be in the dmz for it to work. Plus range 6 shadestrike is handy.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What do you mean summons module?

This sounds like a solid idea. Some serious disruption for 74 nora. My worry about be paying 70+ for something that squishy -- has that been a problem for you at all?

9. Ragic

Summons module would be anything that generates summons and the runes that exploit them.

What range isn't squishy?

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Macca is running 1 of those runes -- BCA -- I'm running 0. Doesn't seem like much of a module. BCS is there to counter-summon and buff.

Cullers and, to some extent, Genesis Lich, because of Vit and Culler's Consume. Whisperghast has no in-built way to increase HP or mitigate damage -- that's fine -- but it would make him squishier than some other options. Have you especially noticed that while he's in play, or does it not matter all that much?

11. Ragic

Well this is the build I'm currently testing
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cpbCqlcf2CwpCtTc9dCg-Cg@CjZs56s4IS5ds4fS5as1LrTRmeqEte21
    Trying to spread the threat around with surge spirit and I can't have enough shadestrike. Don't know how you guys run super champs without it.

Not sure how to answer, 'how well does it work'? Unless someone is beating meta level decks what other measure is there? Don't make me rank up just to post.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I mean, specifically, does your Whisperghast die quickly? Do you find him a difficult target to protect? Does he often feel like a worth-it deploy -- paying for his cost? Does Tome of Hate put a noticeable amount of hurt on him compared to your other champions?

Well, scratch all that, your list looks way different from what I thought, so those questions were for Whisperghast in a different context. It would be awesome to hear more about the BG you're running: that's an approach I wouldn't have considered. So more generally, how do all the pieces work? Why no Tomb/Tome? Has the emphasis on Spirits helped out?

13. Ragic

ed/gy to feed vengeful. Raven/sod. Short lived for repurp. Didn't want to run tome (as it would push squishy range into devourer threat) so no scorn, that meant revenants (and a lich magistrate). I wanted dmz cover for my ravens which meant shadestrike, seeing the spirits were starting to add up I decided to add a surge spirit focus, that lead to lerpers. Someone suggested in another thread that bone wing might help Ravens with dread. If you take boost skeleton upgrade it helps the lerpers and revs (also upping their repurp value). It also puts his cost at 80 which lets you equip the crown. Elusive plus majestic is kind of cool, and the pawn really helps as well. Sometimes it hits a vaporized Raven for no dmg. And fearless and iron will on the Ravens doesn't hurt either. Sac dagger is for a lerper or ED if the opportunity arises. I spam revs as much as possible and repurp them into anything that's worth equipping. I'd rather have 3 different 20 dmg champs than 1 60 dmg champ. Try to keep the map covered in dmz. Steal life is for managing devourer threat. Works great on your own gy skylies since it won't kill them and you can always have a 0 ap target. I haven't missed the tomb.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, this mostly explains what I was wondering, which was the progression that led you to here. So you started with wanting to run particular ranged champs, and thus opted out of Tome, rather than eschewing Tome letting you run squishier units. Makes sense.

Do you get enough use out of both SoDs? With your higher average unit cost -- ~70 -- keeping them alive with equips sounds smart, but also potentially real expensive. Don't totally agree with using Sac Dagger on the Devourer, though, because he does the best work dying and coming back.

You mention managing Devourer targets quite a bit -- is it that much of a problem in your games? It hasn't been in my experience, even with Tome, but then again we have different BGs.

15. Ragic

2 sod for draw. But I wouldn't mind having both Ravens out and equipped. For surge spirit to matter you want your spirits to live. Only the revs and gy skylies do I consider as fodder (I run horrific aura and zerk atk 3 on the EDs). Not everything is channeled into vengeful. If I can repurp a rev into an ED and get a sac dagger kill I'm happy to do it. Now imagine that getting teleported around the map. I'll even repurp into the bone wing if he has the crown on.

So steal life (and sac dagger) helps keep more champs alive. In this way I allow more of my deploys to grow large which gives the deck flexibility.Also worth mentioning is that steal life won't kill the gy skeletons ( under banner or boost) so they'll still feed the EDs, whereas consume wouldnt.

You're right that the ghasts are the squishiest unit since strikers and lerpers can hide in the dmz and EDs have horrific aura. But I like having another source of shadestrike, and he feeds and benefits from surge spirit. The relocate ED thing is just a bonus but reinforces his roll as support.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I mean, the whole strength of ED is that you get the Devour Life refund for each deploy, while you only pay for Graveyard once. Keeping him alive, upping his cost -- doesn't seem so good. Totally support Horrific Aura because it improves his chances of dealing damage, but Zerk attack costs a heck of a lot for higher ranks; it's the same cost as +1 DMG stat, except you only get it on the Berserk Attack in particular.

17. Ragic

I justify that by the fact it ups his chances of getting a killing blow with sac dagger. I only want to deploy the EDs one time, not cycle them like I guess you do. I need that Nora for equips and spells not for redeploying cheap meat. again I'm trying to spread the threat around. Also the potential for a sac dagger kill let's you save horrific aura on turns your opponent isn't threatening lethal dmg. Let him waste ap almost killing him. Next turn fully heal and you still have the aura.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Alrighty. So you mostly use ED as a setup for the Graveyard triggers, rather than it's own internal value?

19. Ragic

EDs are a gy trigger regardless of whatever else they do. I'll throw them into battle and let the enemy kill it while growing other stuff (55 Nora isn't THAT much). And I have other uses for gys besides feeding vengeful. But if the opportunity arises that he can get a big heal with sac dagger I'll shift focus to it and consider it a good target for rev/repurp. Same goes for lerpers.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Okie. Thanks for your reasoning.