Festering Wounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Oct 22, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This is correct. A long time ago, all DoTs were pure damage and had no additional conditions associated with them.

Leadrz likes this.
  2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

char, chilled, shock, etc shouldn't effect relics but should be given a secondary effect like poison, scour, and disease. It's really weird that only half of the dots in this game randomly have a secondary effect.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

yeah it makes sense but for the gameplay itd probably be better if it just affected champions. Siege should probably be more common and its cost lowered though. I think siege monger shouldnt prevent relics from being deployed but destroy them instead, either by an active ability or on deploy effect like seism.

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Well ...nobody's perfect, I'll see if your on the list to be saved when it all goes down

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

FW has unique mechanics without absolute counters, I find it odd that it has to counter everything perfectly. It doesn't have only disease, it has Rotting, Skull of Decay and Dark Healing to counter healing. As I see you just want a cheap and powerful counter.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Disagree with that. FW's counters are as unique as its mechanics, which can be both good and bad.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you don't play fw that's why you believe this to be the case.

8. Lushiris

Ok.

Tell me a mechanic or playstyle that FW has absolutely no counter for in their meta.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What, like literally nothing? Like 10/0 loss? I don't think that exists for any faction, not now at least. FW does have some seriously junk options in a few areas though. For instance, FW has terrible anti-equip options, no hard CC, and the worst external healing. Death is the best CC, offense is the best form of defense -- but these are also the only forms that FW has.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

fw has weaknesses just like any other faction, its weak faction bonus being the greatest. You have misconceptions about the faction because you only play against it and don't understand how it really works. FW currently isn't even very strong overall in comparison to the top factions.

11. Lushiris

You know what? I had this huge wall of text but just erased it. Not because of you, but because I feel it's pointless to discuss the fundamental aspects of a faction so loosely, as in FW's case the essential mechanics are the most troublesome ones, and therefore very hard to reach a consensus about. So without an actual direction as to where FW should be going, I think there's no way to do much more than "fixing" the blatantly obvious issues it currently has( just like all other factions also have).

But yea, regarding mechanics factions don't have, as of now I only recall Spot Cleanse in FS, spot removal in ST, and redeployment in a few others.

Cool.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I've been playing FW lately and they pretty much do counter everything. The only weaknesses i've noticed are bad draws and bad maps/match up.

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This is a pretty good suggestion, actually. I never really got why Diseased basically shut down healing for the rest of the match once its applied to a unit.
    I always thought Kalasle was a reasonable fella, but more and more I come to the conclusion he's just a big old typical FW zealot. Ugh, disappointed.
    Macca, per usual, has no idea what he is talking about.
    By this time I thought MW would be keeping Battlemaster because Tiny and Devils are not playing and apparently hes right behind them on skill level. BM is mogabait, though. Who the firk is that? Shame on you MW.

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Good play

MogaBait likes this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you elaborate? I think FW is the strongest faction, but it also does have some real tactical holes, and the sooner folks hear about those, the more quickly they can exploit them. Nerf away FW -- but do it for damn solid reasons, and do it well. Simple antagonism will only turn the faction into a mess, one more frustrating for everyone involved.

If Diseased gave a unit a condition that granted Healing Deficiency, rather than applying an equal-duration Inhibited effect, it wouldn't change anything about how I play. But players can do better than say "I dislike this thing, change it" or "It does a lot, change it." No matter what motivation people have for a suggestion, that motivation won't bother me. But they should be aware of that, state it, and go further. So thank you @Lushiris for mostly doing that whenever you post. I challenge the ideas of others not out of defensiveness but out of some basic respect -- the belief that either they are competent enough to be convinced or in turn to convince me -- and giving anything less than the best, most probing argument possible undersells the value of everyone involved; if there's any way to make that more clear, or improve it, please tell me, because I don't know, I'm trying, and would like to think at least some other people are as well.

So if something is going to get changed, damn, the folks who dislike FW can do better than this. I have that much faith in them, at least.

Lushiris likes this.
  16. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Fire, Poison, Speed, Range,

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

18. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

The homie
    #eye

Bellagion and MogaBait like this.
  19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

come back when your maintaining a decent rank and beating good opponents with it... smh.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I haven't played in a week. I don't have time to outfarm mogabait. It doesn't even matter who's battlemaster anyway the only legitimate battlemaster are tiny and devilsrath. Anyone else getting battlemaster is just because the rank system is flawed.