Big Vengeful -- Another Deck

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Nothing is set in stone and is subject to change once I try to rank with it. The new ranked environment sok presented will probably be enough to get me into it again. The deck above is theory craft based on the runes I actually have, and performance in skirmish mode means nothing. So If you see something that will clearly fail above rare league I certainly want to know about it.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I just think your biggest worry will be nora. Your champs mostly run 70+, and you want to protect them with equipment, and you want to have Vengeful pieces going in the background. You'll be especially strapped for resources while under pressure. I'm not exactly sure what to recommend changing based on that, because there are a ton of potential options. Maybe removing 1 Shield of Darkness and 1 Repurpose, and fitting in -- not sure, something you think would be a good stop-gap deploy. Both of those runes are good, but I'm unsure you need the full 2 to get value out of them.

3. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Whispergast have Drain, so Tome will not hurt it that much, I'm not a great fan of Essence Devourer but all those strategies are upsetting me, gonna test it out and see how it works

4. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

did they fix the tomb sentinel's spawning yet?

5. Djangoguy

not yet

6. Djangoguy

Why do you run that much 2x? Your BG looks nice but not that deep into the Wastes

7. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Nah, didn't see the ability, but it did respawn. It didn't really bother me but might be confusing to a newer player.

8. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

lol no

it spawns with no ap. sok plans on fixing this

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think he means that BGs heavy on 2x runes, especially in FW, often look un-tuned. For champions, 1x runes allow for greater diversity and better use the faction bonus, while spells more generally benefit from singleton play with overlapping roles. To me, Polluted Martyr, Revenant, and Tomb Sentinel most stick out as 2x units. Maybe you could go into your thought process for the various inclusions?

Djangoguy likes this.
  10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

If you're trying to get the effect of 3 or 4 specific runes on the board at the same time then 2x seems reasonable for draw purposes as well as replacement parts.

11. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I think that's always how it's always been
    Sporegill does the same thing
    It spawns with no ap even though it spawns on owner's turn
    So idk if I would even call it a bug

12. Djangoguy

Sok already replied that this is a bug

13. Djangoguy

thank you for the words, as english is not my national language I don't know how to describe what I want to say much clearly :p

14. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

In that case I hope he also fixes Sporedrop

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

upload_2015-11-10_8-16-13.png

Trying out Tome Sentinel right now, haven't deployed him yet.

I was running x2 Graveyard but I wanted to use Bone Trap and i'm liking it too much to throw the second Graveyard back in. Depending on how the next few games go I might drop Soulreaver for the second Graveyard.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

upload_2015-11-14_16-10-42.png

Newest version

Not having 2 Graveyards makes using ED difficult. Considering dropping Ancient's Protection for 2nd Graveyard since I have Despoil (and I really like Despoil)

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

upload_2015-11-14_19-47-3.png
    Played against Yobanchi's Vengeful BG. It was difficult to play against as I had to rush against the clock with 2 Aspect of Deaths out. Only Serkan was able to do damage due to all the dread/frightful aura.

Thank god he didn't fortify :b

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

=P Sniping for ~70-90 with a sudden mobi can be nuts. How exactly was he applying as much pressure as he was? Aspect of Death sounds like it would do some of that, but for the most part wouldn't you be able to safely screen with fresh deploys?

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

He wasn't applying that much pressure. I was sending my units in the middle to die and he killed all of them and ran AoD over to Death Kneel. For the most part, he was staying in DMZ.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ah, you said "rush against the clock," so I was wondering why you felt you needed to be the aggressor -- passive pressure rather than active pressure.