Festering Wounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Oct 22, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

This would leave us in this weird ass position where we're generating nora at the end of the turn. which frankly is just wonky looking and i suppose im all for having even more counter regeneration

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

good, you don't persevere over death anyway.

Also with all the dwarves and everything granting auras like candy on holloween it's pretty dead already.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

ToH already does that.

4. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

If the amount of damage it can output is the issue, what if (And I have no idea how much of a coding nightmare it would be) Festering Wounds was tiered based on the amount of HP opposing champs had remaining? At 90% or better, a paltry 1 turn of diseased (clears at start of opponent's turn), 70-89%, 2 turns, etc. Numbers are just for example's sake.

That way, instead of every single champ on the opposing side taking potentially 10dmg, the spell fits its flavor better, hitting the most highly damaged units the hardest (Better in line with what most AE spells aim to accomplish facilitating kills). Not sure if it would necessarily still be worth the cost, but could allow the diseased ranks to bump up to Diseased 5 or even 6 for critically injured units, as a price decrease would likely be problematic. (Not sure 5 or 6 would even really be needed, I'm just too tired to figure out what the numbers would look like if adjusted as such, in my head, I'm thinking Diseased 1 - 90%, Diseased 2 - 70%, Diseased 3 - 50%, Diseased 4 - 30%, Diseased 5 - 10%)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

10 damage.

6. Mercer Skye

Oops, edited for truth

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Ugh that sounds like a nightmare and overly complicated.

I could maybe see a trigger for it effecting units under 50% health or something but having 5 separate triggers seems overly complex when having to look at all enemy champions.

8. Mercer Skye

I'm thinking though that's the elegance in the complexity. If you're using it for the healing shutdown, you don't care what percentages the units are at, really. If you're using it for damage, you only care about a couple. Everything else affected in between is just gravy. (mmmm, gravy). And the code is already there for the most part, just recycle the tormented triggers and change +1/+2... damage to Diseased 1/2...

9. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

The spell is fine :p it has a built in drawback: only dmged units, on FW; I mean there is no way they can dmg everything to max the effect right?

10. themacca

can we please just lock this thread now. it's just degraded to the point where it's just dumb suggestion after dumb suggestion that will shoebox the spell, mixed in with people *****ing at eachother and it's just a waste of everyones time at this point.

TeaScholar likes this.
  11. themacca

I didnt say it was i said its a waste of everyones time filled with nothing but *****ing and "nerf it because i don't like it" posts

TeaScholar likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you abhor public whining, then don't publicly whine.

Thread closures depend upon value judgments by moderators, which incorporate both a set of explicit rules and implicit understandings of human interaction; closures do not depend upon the preferences or judgments of individual players. For concerns, questions, or suggestions about moderation or the precise nature of those judgments, try PMs.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wow i thought it deied 12 damage. This spell is fine, people complaining about it need to learn2play or try running fw if they think its so op.

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I like balls [edited by sokolov]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
  15. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Buff Bluebelly