COMMENTS: Integration of Website Functions in Pox Client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Will we still be able to manage/trade/etc. on the website or will it now be all in the client?
    Edit - I believe I found the answer
    so yay, I can still work if I can't download the client.

For the Rune Manager/Rune Checklist - will it still be doing the whole "Refresh every time an input is entered"?

When we make a new deck or change a deck, will we still need to "refresh" to access the deck?

How does the "Search" function work for the rune checklist? Will it be able to search for all keywords? or just titles like names of abilities and champions.

Do you have any pictures for how the rune trader will function? Or will it essentially be the same as what we currently have?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  3. only

only Active Member

invent a button to delete all your decks oh pretty please.

4. Senshu

You can still do everything on the website too.

Rune Manager/Rune Checklist/Rune Forge will still need to refresh for you to see the changes made.

If you make changes to the deck you will be able to directly use the updated deck in a match.

At the moment it is only for specific rune names.

5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It looks amazing. I am definately a fan :)

6. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Oh, please, for the love of all Holy in this land, please, tell me you are working on bringing back the shoebox.

Other than that, I am baffled at how much improvement we will see on Pox Nora. Is incredible you have done more for this game in like 6 months, than SoE in years.

Note: I am not blaming the developers, but SoE by not granting enough resources to pull this kind of features.

soulmilk, Onifrk and Bondman007 like this.
  7. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Um.

Wow?

8. KTCAOP

I forget, but wasn't the original idea about the shoebox was to house excess runes so that you wouldn't have to see them in the battle groups?

I'm not exactly sure how that would be integrated in what we currently have available. I would think it would be easier to designate runes that are not in the shoebox then runes to be placed in the shoebox with what we have at the moment, unless I am misunderstanding something.

9. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

Yay, more changes to look forward to! I will still end up probably using the website though, because I start making half my battlegroups during games =P.

But this is a major QoL improvement that will help new players navigate when they start playing, which is huge.

10. KTCAOP

I would second the idea of having the ability to remove multiple battle groups, delete all might be too strong, but at least having a checklist with a toggle maybe?

But yeah, having to delete 30 battle groups one by one, can be a bit of a chore.

Onifrk likes this.
  11. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Awesome news, guys! Keep it up!!

12. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yup, pretty much. That was before the pics idea we have today. Back, iirc, it would be displayed in a list, so if you have 5 imps, in the rune manager it would appear 5 lines with the same name "imp". Removing it became a pain in the back because all the pointless clicking on the arrows if you were looking for a particular rune to exchange upgrades, or tons of wasted space with all the extra runes.

As for how it would work, back on the day it was pretty similar to how your average e-mail handles each message. Check a box, click on "send to shoebox" button (I do not remember the real name), and done, the marked runes would be moved into the shoebox. Simple and easy to use. I do not know if is possible with the current generation, but definitely I would love to see it back.

13. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Drooling so hard :p

14. Senshu

Just to note there is still much work to be done on the website.
    I noted the idea of being able to delete multiple Battlegroups.

Onifrk and Woffleet like this.
  15. Senshu

+100 points to you.

xRugolth and Onifrk like this.
  16. Senshu

We plan on it. 142 Forum points.

Note: forum points are meaningless

killabud69, Nemorga and Onifrk like this.
  17. KTCAOP

I feel eventually I'll need to start making google doc and start tracking the forum points.

I might as well just add that on the projects list now.

Also - I edited the post perhaps after you may have read it. But would it be possible to say anything about the Rune Trader? Or is it exactly like what we have right now, thus no need to update us with pictures of it? =).

18. Senshu

Rune Trader should function much the same as it does on the current website.

Yes, Yes, keep track of those points. <Maniacal Laugh!>

Prami and Onifrk like this.
  19. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

This is great! :)

Would it be possible to have the deck builder do client-based checks when building a deck and a server check for completed decks? I get the impression it is checking the server for ownership/rule compliance with each rune added. I say this because of the delay whenever you add a rune to a deck.

Most of this could be done client-side with a server check when the deck is saved or reaches 30 runes. Anyone not trying to mess around will just get a faster experience. The server check stops shenanigans.

20. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

This guy gets it.