New expansion thoughts

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Nebron, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I'll give a brief rundown on what I think about each rune in the expansion.

Hyaenid Stormreader: Great in a lightning bg and probably still worth running in hyaenids. Paralyze/tp 3 would be my upgrade choices

Moga Inferno: Could be fun with fire volatile sappers b/w detonate relic and firebomb. Ghern thrower not being able to toss them in on one turn kinda hurts it though

Terraced Slag? A new oozetap champion with hallucinogenic. I doubt he's going to be anything but 2x for slag decks for the annoyance factor alone.

Voil Stormspear: Hella sick. If your deck has enough sources of paralyze you can run deflect on him otherwise i'd run skewer and enervating.

Bait and Switch: Will be nerfed. Twice. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Misleading Signage: Completely useless. You're paying 40 nora for something that your opponent can completely ignore for 10 unless you get really lucky and they cliff dive themselves. The times when you could use this are too situational and you're not going to have room in your bg for this.

Overall this is a good expansion for SP. The champs are solid and the new spell is insane.

Gnomes and SaintKiwi like this.
  2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Electricity is great right now.I cant wait to get those new exo voils.

3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I think we did best out of this expansion.

4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I think there might be merit to Stun on the Voil too. That's usually not the case for melee dudes, but he has a close gap AND he receives AP when he engages, so having the 4 AP for Stun shouldn't be that difficult.

But yeah, I like the SP stuff.

Btw, the new slag is cute <.< .

Gnomes likes this.
  5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Great expansion overall (and enough to convince me to spend money again). The last two were fairly lackluster imo for SP, with runes not adding new playstyles or having lots of sandbagged abilities. This one is much better.

Moga inferno has a lot of burst potential with detonate relic. That's 14 damage in a line from t. totem and 12 aoe2 fire damage, for a total of 26 damage on-demand damage.

Voil looks awesome, and the new hyaenid has a lot of potential in bgs w/ enough electrical damage (I see a lot of potential w/ thunderstorm, totem, and catalyst electricity champs). Bait and switch seems awesome--swap + AP transfer. I worry however that the burst potential of the new hyaenid combined spell and relic based electrical damage or detonate relic w/ echo chamber/totem might need to be toned back.

There were also a lot of changes to older champs that improved them significantly, including spark crone, moga trapper, cyclops stormcaller, mika, dirge, and ol'sok's pricing. Overall, I think the expansion was very well thought out. Good job @Sokolov.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  6. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Hyaenid is poor. His is neither a mobile relic nor effective debugger. He needs more defense.

7. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

The only rune that sucks that we got with this expansion is the sign, but I might run it anyway just for lols.