Patch notes kneejerk Thread

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by DrSteve, Nov 18, 2015.

1. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

As is tradition.

Locust nerf hurts.

The age of myx sandsnipe + akakios blade has returned! Akakios blade is also just really good in general now

Dragonfear got nerfed thank god.

Our best cleanse got buffed for some reason.

Bonesplitter maul is still trash.

Reserving judgment on akak and pof until patchnotes are edited, some weird repeat abilities and typos going on there

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Myx Sandsnipe Hype!!

Valdac buff looks neat, i always disliked 2-4 range. Few nerfs that were probs deserving like Dragonfear and Locust. Slum Market is better for contesting fonts now, seems like a good change.

Cant think of anything else.

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Blaspheme is not something to be fixed with cost reduction, that was annoying to read.

EDIT: I predict SL will continue to mean dragons, even moreso than before expansion.

4. Anima26

I thought something similar with a lot of the random spell nora cost reductions. Wont make them runnable so they seem kinda pointless but whatevs.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Cost changes are easy and quick to make - redesigns are costly and take awhile, and also have to be designed.

Thus, when I make a wide sweep pass like this, you'll largely see cost adjustments because that's the goal with this type of pass.

mw24 likes this.
  6. Anima26

Plenty of good ones in there, even if a few wont be enough to make them see play.

7. Anima26

Itll only be available by getting the associated box/pack or by trading with someone who owns one. LEs are meant to be somewhat rare. Its a recolor of the ordinary Myx sandlion, although it does appear to have Detection instead of Precision which is interesting if it was intended and isnt a mistake.

8. Sokolov

Will be fixed.

Anima26 likes this.
  9. Anima26

Draksar Fabricator has Shatter on base and as an upgrade. @Sokolov

10. Sokolov

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'd like to see all Draksar that have tails instead of legs be renamed to Serpentor. That would give us Serpentor Constrictor, Serpentor Chameleon, and Serpentor Flashblade to go with Serpentor Ardent and Serpentor Paradigm. I feel like Serpentor are a subspecies of Draksar, and I'd like to see more named accordingly.

Woffleet, Cydna, 19madfox95 and 5 others like this.
  12. Anima26

Id like this too. Ive also wanted a new Serpentor for some time, so Flashblade would go a ways to quenching that thirst. I would prefer one that looks like Ardent though because he looks awesome. The big ass sword is particularly cool, but so is the blackscale and general badassness.

Wraith and Qucas like this.
  13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I must say im impressed with what we got, Draksar Fabricator is amazing far beyond words and the hurricane looks so usefull.
    Me likes all

14. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Draksar Fabricator 10/10
    Hurricane 10/10
    Fault Maker: awesome too

I checked all the other factions runes and there are great new abilities, overall i really like this patch.

Awesome arts as always, the sprites looked a bit weaker this time tho

@Sokolov good job!

Sokolov likes this.
  15. DrSteve

@Sokolov Akakios has flamethrower base and upgrades. Sorry if it's already been mentioned; I'm borderline in a coma after getting mandated to stay at work an extra 6 hrs :).

16. DrSteve

Gonna agree here. Didn't realize how much locust got gutted; it's utterly unrunnable now. It was pretty much my wincon for sand and myxsect decks. Meanwhile, despite being SL's strongest bg for the last few months, Skywings seemed to go mostly unnerfed (pretty much just dragonfear unless i'm missing something). Even got some buffs to the named dragons.

17. Sirius

It doesn't seem THAT bad to me, is there something I'm missing? I mean sure, Locust Swarm is 4 AP now, but it's one of the best AoE abilities in the game. Fire is a pretty common damage type, but... idk, I guess the thing is I'm looking at the mostly unchanged nora cost and thinking "thank god, I can still use it".

My prediction of continued Dragon dominance comes from: a) the fact that they were strong pre-patch and weren't nerfed much, b) Krikkinwing Alpha is still one of the best SL champions imo, and c) we got a new awesome Skywing on top.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  18. Sirius

I gotta say tho, I really like concept of a lot of this expansion's runes (didn't get to play them yet), they seem cool. I'm talking about multiple factions, not necessarily SL.

Just based on a first glance, Flashblade looks very strong, might even need a nerf.

Kampel likes this.
  19. DrSteve

locust swarm is now 4 AP and AoE 2. It also got a vuln to a common damage type ( a vuln that was worth like -12 nora or something) for no nora decrease. So it lost 2 threat range on its bomb, is easier to kill ,and is less effective at AoE clearing which is pretty much what sand did to win.

fattyy2k likes this.
  20. Sirius

Ok. That really sucks.

DMr said that the defense debuff seems to be permanent now, tho. As in, it stays even after the affected champion leaves the area. I assumed it was a bug, but maybe they intentionally changed it, to offset the big nerf?