Discussion: Visions of Amareth Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

How much is Prevailing Perceptions vs. Mind Siphon?

2. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

I would settle for just a explanation of the direction we are going in. It would be great if the other runes were nerfed....but it would be even better if the runes mentioned were buffed to comparable levels. If its up to me I will take shiny over dull.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

8 and 6

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@doubtofbuddha just got the hyaenid nerfed. omg devs... this is frustrating. rip the new hyaenied, wish i got to play it before they made it suck. this is hopeless. people who barely know how to play the game getting runes changed and making balance decisions on the council, ****.

alot of the cost reductions to spells were good but many of them need a rework not a cost reduction because of their worthless/silly effects. Alot of the cost increases to spells made no sense, you already nerfed split personality and tomb to the ground and steal life was was fine as it was o_O. Their increase was just weird.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  5. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Jumping the gun a little? I saw it just in a game by Ballballer. It dealt a lot of damage for 53 nora. (without refund)

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

it cant really do anything by itself, and they just literally halved its damage output with no compensation in any other area. ballballer is also a very good player unlike some people complaining about stuff being op they are just losing to. just because someone does well with a rune doesnt mean its op.

stormreader was one of my favorite new runes from this expansion and now its ruined before I even got to try it, also hyaenids still suck lol. I like that they listened to some of the suggestions I made but they largely ignored what I said. several titan and hero are still waiting to be decently strong runes and this patch seems to have helped the themes I mentioned very little for the most part.

draksar just get screwed over/forgot about every single patch. the dreadnought change is great(pretty simple change that took forever to convince them to implement) but that doesnt make draksars ranged units any less terrible or give them more synergy and the new draksars suck.(even though their lore and art are nice, the new lore and art is pretty amazing this expansion as well as the new rank reward system and icons)

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Like Sok mentioned, the change doesn't actually influence his total damage output -- it's still an average of one trigger per turn, except now it triggers one time per turn, rather than twice per round.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

didnt it do 2 triggers per turn before its change?

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

no it did 2 triggers per round.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

yeah, doesnt mean that you could trigger it twice on the same turn?

also most of the new runes need buffs. alot of the recently released runes are underpowered from the last couple expansions. many coalition runes were released way too strong.

11. Burcho

It does, but then you wouldn't have a trigger in the next turn. It takes more skill now. (it actually did 40 damage the first round, which obviously was not the intention of this rune, but it is not "rip"'ed as you said.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

how much damage can it do on 1 turn now?

13. Burcho

if you don't know, you shouldn't post 'rip the new hyaenied'

14. Sokolov

Before the change it was 2 triggers every ROUND. So if you trigger it twice on your turn, you weren't supposed to be able to trigger it twice on the opponent's turn.

The problem was that before, it was counting the turns oddly, so you could trigger it twice on your turn, then twice on your opponent's, then on your's it wouldn't trigger at all, because the triggers were consumed on your opponent's previous turns. So instead of 20 per round, it'd be 40 one round, 0 the next round, 40 the next round, etc. An average of 20 per round still, but bursty in an unintuitive way.

So what did this mean? It mean that if your Hyaenid Stormreader was in range of an enemy, it could almost one round something with something like Lightning Storm. 5 DMG attack + 10 Stomreader trigger (ignores DEF and isn't an attack, remember), then cast Lightning Storm for 10 + 10 + Shocked. Then hit end turn and it takes Shocked damage plus another 10 damage for at least 47 damage with just 3 triggers. This is against one target with one Stormreader, imagine a more typical AE scenario and where you have supporting pieces in place to deal more Electricity damage.

~

Now, it's 1 trigger per turn, which, is both more intuitive and easier to understand, and is has the same maximum damage potential. It's slightly harder theoretically to trigger on your opponent's turn, but in my experience, it is fairly common as well. In either case the cost of the ability was reduced to compensate for this.

~

Anyway, I don't understand how you can say something is ruined when you didn't even play it or understand how it works.

Also, it's not even a Hyaenid rune, it's an Electricity theme rune that happens to be Hyaenid.

DarkJello likes this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

oh ok, i see. thanks for explaining. also looking for hyaenid buffs.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Sokolov

No problem.

17. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Logic FTW.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the change in ap cost of hex was pretty dumb imo. it doesnt seem like the people doing the changes to fw understand the faction at all. fw gets screwed over so much.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they buffed mirefolks, really nice. if only berserker wasn't making the cool looking pirahnids suck... somebody please explain to sokolov why berserker is a horrible ability. I really want to play mirefolks with the pirahnids. :(

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the additions to art, lore, and new abilities this expansion are pretty amazing. the new rank reward system and icons are great too. alot of the new runes and themes in general need buffs though. many hero and a few titan still need some help too.

there would be more people playing and buying packs if themes were in a better state.

some of the nora cost changes to non champion runes were good but alot of the non champ runes just need to be reworked to be useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.