A Guide to Spiders

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

seeing as you have such a love for the spiderlings, i made this its great for trolling at low levels and just having fun, but takes some set up and alot of start up

https://poxbase.com/deck/c2uCjDCw=CWCaKczMc9pctmcgyCqys3VS4us7asaS4kS1FsYrAR2+E1U

2x PtN + Awaken brood, for 90 nora insta 12 spiderlings, then with beastcaller and banner, thats 240 hp for 90 nora instantly, then once you get close enough to your opponent you benediction for crazy dps, at mid to late game broodmother is doing 48 dmg and mass web is doinng 58 dmg... also you can add the pupe eggs for even more meat... all champs in this bg are just cheap meat spammers

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

;);););)
    This deck is an excellent deck to tweak into a fire egg shrine kill deck. Old school but still effective.

In fact you have motivated me to go do that!

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

No problem ! :D

5. Authyrtyr

I'm amused. You should post your findings in building your deck in Split Forums.

6. Fentum

I don't know how to copy the BG image into forums, as I am a Luddite, but here is a summary...

Well it's good fun. It goes like this...

Opponents think you are running a spider deck.

You run the usual spidery stuff as if normal, but you sneak out an insignificant Ember wasp or Nightfall Spider. Even better if a phase spider is already out.

Slowly move that insignificant guy towards the enemy shrine.

You start to lose because there are FAR better runes out there and your insignificant guy is not being used.

It looks as though it's all over for you. The enemy starts smelling blood and playing slightly too aggressively. Covering his forward font for the insignificant guy.

Insignificant guy pops up to attack shrine. Eggs, eggs, hatching season, price of victory, draconic benediction.

BOOM!

PS You don't need all the spells every time. Depends on the enemy hp and your guy.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Anima26 and Gnomes like this.
  7. Fentum

PPS this theme actually works better with SL FW using spirits and mobi, but this is a spider thread!

8. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Coming back to pox. Still no spider love??

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

We all love spiders here.

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

We got some cost cuts but nothing big.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Authyrtyr

Side note: General reminder to keep this updated, or I'll have to unsticky it.

12. Ujelly

Come on peeps where the spider bgs at

13. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I have been seeing several people running spiders since the expansion. Show yourselves people!

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

they got nothing new in expac or? any changes for them?

15. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Not that I know of besides price reductions. Ppl just seem to be playing them

16. Ujelly

Let's see some bgs please I needs ideas and explations. I usually have problems cause my spiders seem squishy. Can someone post some bgs and go through playstyles and strats. Thanks! Also wassup with the new fire spider??

17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

the strat is too delay your opponent untill you get your Protect the nests going, at which point you just out mass them with spiderlings. than you have k'Lzick and broodmothers to just run through one hitting everything. spiders are direct counterd vs FW because of tomb and zombies.

18. Authyrtyr

I would update it but from what I saw there were no changes or additions that really change the contents of my guide. If I missed something please let me know.

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I didn't see anything so don't worry. It was just a general reminder I give to threads that I've stickied.

20. Authyrtyr

I mean... this thread is basically some example BGs with in depth explanations of how to play them and which ones are good for what reasons. Is there something you feel has been left out?