PoxNora Mafia - Day Phase 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Comissar, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it is logic if you'll just *listen* to it you daft

ok. here are the two basic breakdowns, right? one is where we don't lynch anyone until we're 90% certain or higher that they're mafia, and the other is where we do what i and many others have been trying to convince you to do

1-night 1, a townie dies.
    day 1, discussion but nothing happens because not enough people are sure.
    night 2, a townie dies.
    day 2, discussion and murmerings of unrest, but still no lynch. nothing meaningful has thus far been said
    night 3, a townie dies
    day 3, someone finally gets lynched. for the sake of argument we'll say they were mafia. the problem is that going at this rate, the mafia win easily. you will never lynch all the mafia one after the other. you'd have to be crazy lucky or crazy good. to actually try for no kills is to try to let the mafia win.

they're the ones with a guaranteed hit. not us.
    you still with me?

alright. the next version goes like this-

night 1, a townie dies
    day 1, discussion and a lynching. another townie down for the count
    night 2, a townie dies
    day 2, discussion and a lynching only this time more people have more ways of knowing who is and is not mafia because of the previous results. perhaps person x said something incriminating based on the events of night 2. regardless, a townie still dies.
    night 3, a townie dies.
    day 3, a lynching and a mafia member is caught. a pattern has been locked on to, and while this pattern may not be fully correct it's much more useful than waiting to die one by one.

this is a team game, not one you do all by yourself. the quicker you learn that the quicker you can actually help

the other thing to consider is this- there are many more townsfolk than mafia in any balanced mafia game. i trust comi to make balanced mafia games, and thus i believe that our losses can be acceptable up to a point

as far as how pally turns goes, it all comes down to who said what about him.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It would, for example, take heat off Gerben and put it onto people that initially blamed him.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

also @Comissar, there have been numerous queries about when this phase is over

4. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

I want to kill a person whose death we will get the most information from.

What will we learn by killing Darkpaly?

Greysands, my "veiled insult" was not aimed towards you. Mostly it was at Gaiaix and a few others.

I believe that the mafia still has their votes split and the fact that Darkpaly dying won't teach us a lot and that he has received SO many votes for really nothing irritates me.

Comi: Can we get a replacement for Poxbrothers? He hasn't been terribly active this game regardless, but it would be nice not to lose more people to inactivity. I know that Poxmafia is a hybrid of conventional mafia/werewolves games that one will find at mafiascum.net or spergelords or wherever else I have played the game over the years, but I would like to propose we require 3 substitutes in any game over 15 to cover inactives and situations like this.

rickyjpen likes this.
  5. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why would I vote for Pally when I think a better lynch would be Geressen or Emries though? My point I am trying to make is you guys are going off of the shittiest lynch when there is more incriminating evidence on several other people. DarkPally has barely said Bane Shift to incriminate himself.

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

You're really not getting this, huh.

Either I'm not explaining it right or it's just going straight over your head. Either way, I'm not going to keep responding

7. Boozha

I'm rather sure Emries is townie. Gerben would be a good target, but he is one of the few we will know more about after pally is dead.

I'm telling you what I think is most likely to end good for the town. If you want to do your own thing, please, do so. It is suspicious and counterproductive, but, hell, go for it.

8. rickyjpen

Fine if it makes everyone happy Vote: DarkPally5

Tired of arguing on how Darkpally is a dumb vote and there are better votes around.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

because I became active during a time when as luck would have it pally was recently accused, so people think I am trying to take the heat of pally.

so if I were wrath footman or something voting me would serve my teams purpose.

this is why I am gonna die tommorow if pally turns out to be high rank wrath, because that will make people think that is exactly what happened.

10. Boozha

If there was actually a chance to get anyone to vote for those I'd be more inclined to agree. Until then, pally is the best bet.

11. Boozha

Yep, Gerben hit the nail on the head. He kinda brought that onto himself ...

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

of course then they would feel silly when it turns out it was a coincidence.

13. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I'm new and not one hundred percent sure what I'm doing and so is Darkpally and I don't feel right killing him. Yet, if someone has to die just to die, might as well be him. Otherwise we might end up with a tie and then no one dies and we learn nothing.

14. Boozha

We would ... such is the game called mafia

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

if darkpall is a towny we should vote boozha or ricky or napalm.

16. rickyjpen

Whats the logic on voting me is darkpally is a townie???? That's what I have been trying to say most of this time... I keep saying its a possibility... No logic...

17. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

Dagda is correct, we do need A lynch in order to build evidence, we can't rely solely on night information to pull off a townie win. I agree however that Darkpaly is a poor choice.

Emries and Geressen are both so scattered and random that I dont know that I would be able to glean anything from hanging them, I would be more inclined to hang Geressen than Dark or Em however.

rickyjpen likes this.
  18. Boozha

We'd need to go back and see who started the train on darkpally. I, for one, am townsfolk ... A formidable defense, I know.

19. rickyjpen

That's what I have been saying!

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

If the night after this
    your pacifism is going to kill us all, you are a danger to the group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.