Cyclops Stonecaller

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Gnomes, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

he is 84 nora and has 2-4 range. he has stone barrage and stone shield which makes him so exspensive. do you guys think he is good or could use a chage or what he needs to be played more?

i personally think he costs to much . but im not sure how we could change that seeing as the two abbilities making him so exspensive we can also not get rid of. maybe take his attack away and instead add rock slide and tremor ? and cost him at 76 nora? but then he is a lot like terraformer.

maybe give him cast: boulder throw. and remove his damage, cost him at 80 nora?

cast bolder throw would work with his flavour text!

2. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Stone Shield should be removed from the game. I don't know if it's a partner for Stone Barrage. But, other champs with Stone Barrage doesn't have Stone Shield.

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Its a cool mechanic. Either take the 20 dmg or get him real tanky.its interesting and gives another level of gameplay. Just it accompanied by a 2-4 range 11 dmg champ is not good

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

We could have the abbility work like cinderpede? When on rockor have abbility up. you get range and dmg and when not you get tough 3 and dmg shield?

5. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Cyclops Stone Caller should be this :D

Cyclops Stone Caller
    Nora Cost: 65

Stats:
    DMG: 0
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1
    DEF: 1
    HP: 48

Abilities:
    No attack ability

Stone Barrage
    Blessing of Stone

Stone Shield

Upgrade 1:
    Rock Slide (Default)
    Create Chasm (+15)
    Tectonic Pulse (+5)

Upgrade 2:
    Tremor (Default)
    Shatter (-3)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    Gnomes likes this.
  6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

While i do like these type of utility champs for there usefullness. It would be a lot like terraformer. I like the idea of cast boulder throw because of flavour. We already have cyclops tinkerer for passive firebomb shatter...

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Thats why the cinderpede rout would be more intereting imo. So cast boulder and the shield... Take rock torrent away. Then give him range when on rock and when not he has no range but tanky. Keep him at 80 nora. @Sokolov

8. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Imo, Create Chasm shouldn't be put on a cheap champ (particularly one that can be run in Cyclops or one with built in knockback). Hurler was a problem when he had it on base; giving it to a cheap support champ might recreate the same problem.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    Ballballer likes this.
  9. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I don't find him offering anything unique to the theme. He's just there to derp around and cast Stone Barrage every now and then, its not like you can play Cyclops as a hit and run game (since most of them are 2x2 = loses in a war of attrition by AoE, Cone, etc Harassment tactics). There's no healing source, and you're bound to heavier harassment. I don't find him as useful in a thematic sense.... Imo, his kit doesn't justify spending 84 nora.

Shatter is covered by Diamond Mace, Create Chasm is gimmicky, Dmg Shield Physical feels like a filler, Grant: Domain is useless, Domain: Rock is useless on him too...AoE Stone Barrage is given although his range already allows him to hit enemies from range with the exact same attack type: physical. Feels a bit redundant.

I also think he needs some change, for starters....Grant: Domain Rock and Domain: Rock whereas he doesn't have Rock Front anymore...

How about giving him
    1) Grant: Mobility instead (just to update his abilities), Grant mobility is 4 nora, grant domain rock is 8 nora.
    2) Ransack on upgrades (so he can be used for semi AP gain + semi nora gen via ransacking a Tribal Hut or Thunderhead Totem)? Although its really expensive, so I don't know whether its necessary.

Btw, how is range costed again?

How come when I:
    1) stripped off Stonecaller's abilities
    2) stripped off Grintmaw Gravitone's abilities
    3) Make Stonecaller's stats as similar as Gravitone's by giving him -5DMG (-8 Nora), +4HP (+3 Nora), it turns out like this:

Gravitone (51 Nora): 6/6/1-4/1/51
    Stonecaller (55 Nora): 6/6/2-4/1/52

There's a 4 nora difference, so I guess thats from Gravitone's being a 2x2, and Stonecaller's being a 1x1...? but then what about the MIN RNG of both rune? Gravitone's 1-4 is obviously better than Stonecaller's 2-4..is there any manual modifications in either one? @Sokolov

10. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

I want to see cast: crack the earth or unstable ground on him

RedScarlet and 0ryuk0 like this.
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Because some stats, like DMG, aren't linear in cost, also, the HP difference is 3 HP at 2 nora, and the 2x2 discount is also not a flat value. But 2-4 is a bit overcosted compared to 3-4 or 1-4, so there's that as well.

I'll put this guy on the list for a rework at some point.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    RedScarlet and Gnomes like this.
  12. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

What about changing him to a melee and making it so that rather than having tough 3 when stone barrage isn't on cd he has range 2-4 when it isn't on cd? I think that would be a nice price drop without making him super strong

Gnomes likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't know if I want to code change him, but I think what @0ryuk0 suggested is along those lines also without the code change.

0ryuk0 likes this.
  14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

So no cast: boulder? But but the flavour text. It would be rad.