Contruct BG

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Daerthalus, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Extremely similar to my BG. I would suggest you try out the new construct though. He's a fatty but he's worth it.

3. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

No Lodestone Armory? Extremely cheap, it becomes an excellent tank when equipped, and has Improve Speed.
    I've been trying Siege Engine instead of Megalith. For 65 nora, you have a 6 range champion, that has 2 Bombs.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It not having a basic attack is pretty much what turns me off.

I used to run Siege Engine but it's too slow for me. Protectors are pretty much my main range source.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Id trade that UV for a Guard tower just to enable Forge Hammer.

6. Rapidice

Lodestone Armory recovered it's basic attack 2 or 3 patches ago.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Oh then maybe i'll try it out.

8. Rapidice

This is what I'm currently running.

https://poxbase.com/deck/CiaCalCx3C6UCffCfhcfgC8YcwTsls7ms4Gs7Hs6MS43s75RirYE5e_

> Comments on this BG:
    2x Guard tower, 2x Forge Hammer for consistency.
    WEG is only there for Backlash. Sometimes I replace it for Lodestone Armory.
    I need to find room for either a D.Touch or Blink.
    Spare Parts win games by itself. Constructs have a plethora of useful upgrades, and Piledrivers summoned have multiattack as an upgrade, which is a sweet upgrade to pass around.

9. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 1.07.21 p.m..png

Not sure why none of you are taking advantage on new Lodestones Barricade + Reclaim Clockwork Swarm and Cavalier, Cavalier in particular combos really well with Relclaim + Slam int the barricades for great damage, throw on a Forge Hammer for extra rage. Used to run 2 megaliths but usually your so focused on keeping the 1 alive that 2 is redundant, and RR is amazing. Also got a couple nice buffs to some structs with next patch too, they are a little lacklustre atm.

Tweek516 and Cydna like this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ayeeee that's awesome.

11. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

I like running earth golems with reticulated splinehawks in a barricade deck instead of rock eaters. The gift: spare wings gives the golems 6 speed and they lose lumbering, and they make really cheap and crazy durable frontliners, especially if you use reclaim relic, which gives them a ton of damage and 8 speed after the wings. On top of that, immunity physical and reclaim are its upgrades, so spare parts will pass those babies around. Maybe try dropping WEG and a spell for the hawks. They really give a lot of utility and both are nice cheap summons.

12. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Hawks are pretty useless outside their ability. Also Lumbering was changed to not be affected by Flight last patch do that combo no longer works.

13. Griselbrand

Griselbrand The King of Potatoes

This is pretty ******** and I have no idea why they did that

14. flador

last patch? dang. I haven't tried that combo since then. Weird how the game text still says flying ignores lumbering, which really makes that a non-transparent descision. What makes hawks so bad? their HP is low but they're fine in other stats

15. flador

Well units like whitestone gargoyle have flight and weighty, which seems like it would break them. If that was the sole reason for such a major change though, I'd be pretty upset.

16. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yep, Flight no longer gets around Lumbering.

Whitestone Garg has flight and weighty...so after 3 spaces it get SSSSSLLLLOOOOOWWWW.