dearest UD faithful, assistance is required

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by drathys, Apr 7, 2014.

1. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

hi all,
    recently returned to UD and pox, have been taking advice from here and have made the following deck, your input would be appreciated. It seems ok but I'm lacking tricks, I keep being beaten by decks that just seem cleverer than mine so any tricks that i am missing or could be added please let me know.
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVcj0cj1C-cf3ckMCh3Ch2Ch0c5_cuPco4syS2Hs7dsOsAR3TrAR20E2K

I have the masochism+demonwag combo
    the orbs and tinderbox for anti range
    the nefari guardian which i want to make work tho am open to losing it, i like it as it seems less expected, same with the imp deceiver

anyway basically would just like your help.

thanks in advance

D

2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

-1 orb. Between 2 osarius, 2 tinder box, 2 flamecrushers, 2 boks, and wag, you've got enough fire damage to keep 1 up.
    -1 deceiver, legato will disagree, but he's kind of expensive for what he does. Plus you've got no other imps, and orb will help protect against spell damage.
    -1 seamstress-you'll find that seamstress won't build up too many charges in a non-stictch bg, so she won't bring much utility w/ her charge abilities. Replace w/ purefire for a cleanse option
    -1 librarian-you already have detect w/ sentires and favor w/ wag. And you have no build up units or an attrition based bg (which really isn't UD's style). Replace demolish w/ shatter if you want the anti-equip.
    -1 guardian: You don't have too many super champs to bodyguard, and you don't have any DEP's, so I think that limits his usefulness in a bg.
    -1 infiltrator-She's kind of a squishy unit, which is rough for melee and she's gotta get into melee to be useful. Plus, she gets shutdown by any type of distract, deafening aura, etc.

Those changes free up 5 slots. I think you need some AP gen and threatrange enhancers. I'd probably add 2 DES, 1 Hookfiend, 1 Grimlic and another spell (either price of victory or firey ambush).

Edit: I posed some sample meta-esque bgs that you could look at in the "meta" thread below this one.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  3. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

thanks a lot thats really helpful. ive always struggled with the summoner, which i know I will get shouted at for, so \i will make the sugesstions and give it a shot

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

You could also try 2x puppet master instead of 2x summoner. 2x dread, 2x mystic push, a spell detect with tempo, and a form of cleansing-it adds a lot of survivability to your bg. But you don't have many flying units or range units, so the lumbering will hurt.